Too Detailed?

Options
13»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is 0 calories, or anything after i get drunk.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I don't log all my liquids. I do the water count just to make sure I'm getting enough. Also, I usually only log my breakfast and lunch into MFP. I don't have the time to complete it when I'm home in the evenings. However, I do know how much I'm allowed and keep that in mind for the evenings. For me, my problem times are when I'm away from home, so that's when it's vital for me to track what I'm eating. We don't want our kids eating junk, so we don't keep junk at home.. which is another reason why I'm not overly concerned with logging my dinner. Whatever works for you.. go for it!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water but I do log when I drink something with calories :) I'm aware of how much water I drink and it's plenty so I don't take time to log it.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I think i depends on who ya are...I personally don't log the 1-2 diet pepsis I drink a week...nor do I log every ingredient in a meal...but I think it's great that you do! I don't because what I'm doing seems to be working for me and for me it's hard to even remember to log things at all! I think it's great that you log so specifically, keep it up!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is 0 calories, or anything after i get drunk.

If you don't remember eating it, it didn't happen right? :tongue:

I log everything except diet soda. Can't be bothered doing that. I don't care about sodium levels so it's all good.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If it passes my lips it's logged. I drink water almost exclusively. 2 or 3 coffees a day and I log that using the 'coffee with 25ml semi skimmed and one sweetener' that I amended the values of myself. If I'm making something which has more than a few ingredients (garlic bread for example), I create a recipe and call it 'Jay's Garlic Bread' or something similar so it's clear in my diary that it's a recipe of mine.

I have one for 'Jay's Protein Flapjacks' which has about 8 ingredients and makes 15 servings! There's no way I'd be able to log it each time, so I make a batch up and I can use it 15 times!

I even have smaller recipes stored for quick use like my protein shake which I have 2 versions of "Shake with water" and "Shake with skimmed" - I have them as recipes as each contains protein powder, dextrose, creatine and milk/water so rather than adding 3 or 4, I just quickly add one thing every day.

I have other recipes which I make fairly regularly. My fiance said to me the other night "Lasagne for dinner?" My immediate response was "Hil's veggie Lasagne or Jem's Mushroom and Spinach Lasagne?" because these are the 2 lasagne recipes we make fairly regularly and I have them saved so I can quickly add a serving. No way I'd be bothered adding 15 ingredients each time and trying to figure out how much my one portion was by working a recipe for 4 back to one...

Just use the recipe feature, it's bladdy handy! :)

Cheers

Jay

PS - Although having said that, I can be a bit lax at logging things from time to time...
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I log everything...ketchup, butter, etc. I only drink water and tea most days so you wouldn't see any beverages logged in my diary either.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I log everything and usually stick with water. I might have an OJ a couple times a month but other than that it's mostly H20!
    I like to log items separately just because different brands have different nutritional information and I think it's best to be as accurate as possible. Afterwards I save it as a meal so I don't have to search for the individual components again.
  • tanklissa
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing! Things that you don't log can definitely add up (for example - one day I forgot to log my pumpkin coffee that I had - thinking it didn't have any calories (because the one I have at home doesn't) - well, it was Dunks - and when I looked it up, it was almost 300 calories! That's a lot!! :ohwell:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke allllll the time and never log it cuz I know theres like barely 2 cals in a glass!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    From yesterday's log

Tums - Antacid Tablets, 1 tablets 5 calories 1 carb 1 sugar 0 protein 0 sodium 0 chol

That was after my olive garden entry!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I dont log things that have no calories, I dont see the point unless you want to track other things. Like garlic, diet soda, ect
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    I log absolutely everything and drink mostly water (10 cups/day), coffee (3 or 4 times a week), liquor (once or twice a week), fresca (once a week). For me, if I make excuses for not logging something because its zero calories, I know that will somehow work its way into my head that a couple of calories is okay...and then 5 and then 10...
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee, tea, diet coke, herbs, spices, splenda and I sometimes don't log my evening snack when I know it was within my calorie goal.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    For the most part, yes, I only drink water! But if I do drink something else, even if it's just coffee and splenda, I log that. Not so much for the caloric impact, but just to keep an honest account of what I'm putting into my body everyday.

As for food, I log those as detailed-ly (is that a word) as I can. Butter and other seasonings can definitely add up!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING, drinks, mints, gum...
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love everything. I've been drinking more water at work because it's free and healthier. I usually will log my Coke Zero because that's my crack!!! And I've started drinking coffee in the morning to help keep me more regular and I log that.

I also log my Crystal Light but I wasn't adding that to my water count....still debating that.

With food, if I make it myself I add it to my recipes and let it calculate the calories. If it's butter and toast I would do it separately. If I make what I eat I log it separately. If I get it out of a package I use my phone to scan the bar code to get the accurate calories or make sure I look it up.

I use my recipes section a lot for stuff I make. I would rather be detailed then think I'm eating X number of calories and be messing myself up.