Sixers Spring Clean Challenge Week 5

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good mornin'......:drinker:

drtamm....hope you are sleeping like a baby right now. yes, i take sat as my day off also and fought with it too.....but, now this morning i am having to talk myself into going to the gym. i will.

i am super close to goal and i know that doing this will bring it on faster. i have already burned over 3500 calories this week. i am finding that for me i need to do this to take the weight off. i see the scale going down, but not the inches. if i keep going i should make my goal by the end of challenge :bigsmile: . hush i don't want to jink it. DH has been all over me. yesterday he told me that my tight jeans and now baggy and it's nice to see. he asked if i wanted to go buy more jeans. i said nope. it's warming i need shorts now.
    nothing planned for today. after the gym, i think after my shower i will dig out the summer clothes and try on. just to see. i have loads of clothes i really need to get rid of. was thinking yard sale at shanells, but, i have so much stuff don't think it will all fit in the car.

well, i hope everyone has a great sunday. i am off to the gym. i know once i get there it will kick in and i will love it.

later :heart:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    back from the gym. had a great workout. had to really push myself today to just get there. but, once i got going you know how it is. i really pushed the weight limits on the machines today. felt good. have a whole chicken, potatoes, onions, carrots in the crock pot cooking in apple juice. didn't have any broth. need to go shower and dress.

• chipper15173
    Options
    wow, everyone must be busy today.....
    just went and picked up a few things. got lots of fruit, it's coming out and getting cheaper. watermelon, oranges, grapes, apples. they are so good. i have been trading fruit for chips with my sandwich at lunch. i have gotten hooked on gala apples for my snack.
    how you feeling shanell? i am getting a sore throat again. eye is still swollen, not as bad. but, enough for people to look.

well, off to rest. anti-itch meds make me sleepy. says that it is also given to people who can't sleep. i take one during the day and 2 at night. i did sleep well last night.

• nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Man this weekend sucks.:grumble: Started getting sick yesterday :sick: and on top of it TOM showed up on Frid,:grumble: so I am really miserable. Was wanting to get some stuff done around the house and rearranged some shelves in my kitchen when a big white pantry cabinet I have collapsed on me. Plus this was my last weekend to get things done because I have to work all weekend next weekend for a spring sale my warehouse is having to help clean out inventory. I also have the dentist to go to on Thurs., so I was not wanting to get sick this weekend.

Well, hope everyone else is having a better weekend than me. Hopefully I'll get better soon.:flowerforyou:

Laters.:drinker:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Cathy! I am proud of you!!! Your jeans are showing you all your lovely progress also. Congrats!! I hope to be like you one day!!! I'm proud you made yourself go to the gym. I woke up at 10 am, went jogging and now I have been reorganizing my drawers and etc. There is always something to do in a house. WOW, things you don't realize as a kid at home!:laugh:

Shanell- Sorry you are feeling sick. Hope everything goes well at the dentist. I am glad you are sticking with your fitness goals. I have started doing the WATP it is sooooo much fun. I love the energy and the time flies by. I have the 3 and 4 miles express.

Well .... How is everyone elses weekend? Hope we are all doing well. I woke up to a mini goal weight this morning. I was excited. The weight is coming off much slower now but at least it is still moving. I have no real complaints. Well ladies.... warm weather is around the corner. I'm ready to work extra hard for the next 2 months.... so I can enjoy the warmth w/ my new body. Well.... the race is almost here. This saturday!- 10k. I am mentally ready.... I think. Can't wait to do it!

Katie- you are really enjoying your bike. Everytime I ride I can't believe how much work it is. As a kid I didn't realize it was hard work, probably bc I was fit. LOL. I'm going to start riding mine more maybe twice a week.

Robin- glad to see you are doing well.

Well ladies ttyl

Tamm
  • chipper15173
    Options
    my gosh shanell what happened with the shelve? hope you didn't get hurt..... nothing else should happen. that was 3 things :wink:

off to finish getting dinner ready.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    DrTamm-I do so enjoy riding my bike! It was a mother's day gift from my hubby and kids last year and it was one of the best gifts I have ever received. I love it!

Shanell-wow! I hope your day gets better!

Well Done Cathy!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    hey ladies. i have exams this week...:grumble: BUT I had a good weekend in the food department... no fast food :bigsmile: (that's a first) so hopefully I can keep that momentum over the week... but i am going to make dinner / settle in for a long night with the books... i'll check in later when i get a chance to read all your posts!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Shanell, I hope nothing else happens!!

Cathy, good for you for getting to the gym!

Tamm, I agree - I want to hit summer with my feet running! Speaking of, I'm so excited for you and the race! Congrats on the mini-goal weight!!

Red, good luck with the exams and yay for small victories!

Katie, that's a great mother's day gift!

Well, I'm feeling a little more relaxed today. I've found myself SO fixated over the last 24 hours that I went and bought a pregnancy test today and it's a big ol' negative, just like it should be when your husband has a vasectomy and a confirmed zero sperm count!!! :laugh: :glasses: Now I'm wondering about my thyroid. I think it's time to test it again soon anyway..
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Redsox- best wishes with you and your studies!!! You can do it!!!!

Rhiannon- today was the first day I read your profile page. I like the way you set it up. It tells a story. :wink: I didn't realize we were the same age. Thanks about the mini goal. One step at a time.

Katie- that was a wonderful mothers day gift. A gift that keeps giving!!! :happy:

Well ladies! I finally went to Kroger grocery store and found that all the fresh veggies and fruit were on sale. I loaded up! I'm excited about all the possibilities!! It makes me excited about fixing a meal when I can buy all that I need because I didn't spend an arm and a leg to buy it!

I work 5 days this week. I decided to take on an extra day this week to help with all the bills. LOL. Real life.

Take care!!!
    Tamm:drinker:

P.S. Ive been drinking all my water! YAY!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sixers! I am up a little early this morning, so I thought I would pop by to say hello.

Tamm-I forgot to say it, but I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear all the details about the race next weekend. I haven't even found a race yet. My problem is, it will have to be FREE because hubby and I are so strapped financially right now. You will do so well and I can't wait to hear about it.

Pedal-glad it was a big ol' negative just to help soothe your mind.

Have a great day ladies. I am sure I will be popping back by.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....

pedal...you are doing great getting yourself back together.....
    drtamm.....good luck with the race. i am sure you will enjoy it.
    katie...i had a bike, i just didn't like it much so sold. i didn't ride much as a child that could be why.
    red sox....good luck with your exams. i hated tests.

nothing on the agenda for today. just normal monday house cleaning, laundry. maybe the repair man will come today. made chicken noodle soup last night out of the leftover whole chicken we cooked in the crock pot. that will dinner.
    tried on some summer clothes yesterday. surprised at what fit. i think i had 2 things that didn't fit yet! by summer they should. i didn't think it all would fit yet. had to get rid of my favs. i hate that. sometimes thats the worse thing about losing weight. comfy clothes. although i am enjoying wearing the new things too. :tongue:
    off to start cleaning, now DH is in the den and i really wanted to get on the treadmill. i can do that later.

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I've been trying to catch up on posts...still not there yet. But Rhiannon...my goodness..I was secretly kinda hoping you were pregnant!:laugh: Is that bad?:laugh:

Robin...I posted a baby bump picture I think on the previous weeks thread, but here it is again.

This was at 14 weeks. I've actually bumped out more since then, but I don't have an updated photo yet. I'll take one soon!
    Belly14weeks.jpg

And here's the first ultrasound if you didn't see it! From 8 weeks 6 days.
    BabyCarpenter.jpg

Well...I need to get started on some work. but I'll BBL! Have a FAB morning ladies!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Katie, I know what you mean about finding a race cheap enough. We have one here in Charleston, SC every year. It's 6 miles, but this year it costs $30 per person if you register before the race, day of is $40, to steep for me. I'll just grab Mom and we'll walk again ourselves without paying for it.:laugh:

Well, bell rung, gotta get back to work.

Later.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    well, i did my c25k and added all my exercise calories for the week 5275 :noway: . all that hard work better show tomorrow. :laugh: well off to rest and download some things on itunes.

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Kristin, that's not bad at all :laugh: Like I said to Kyle, if I'd found out I was I would have been very shocked and very happy. I'm also very happy that I'm not! It's all good :wink:

Tamm, thanks - I'm glad I've kept track that way too. It's nice you have the opportunity to pick up an extra day when you need to.

Cathy, congrats on the summer clothes! And thanks - I have indeed been doing much better. But I REALLY need to get my butt in for a thyroid test because once again the scale is UP :explode: When I'm not making great choices that's one thing but this is just getting weird.

Shanell, the 10k I'm doing next month has similar entry fees. It's wild because my 5k was $10 and the race kit was AMAZING. The kit for the 10k is never much to get excited about :ohwell:

So where the heck are all our MIA's?! Come on back ladies.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Thanks so much for welcoming me everyone!

And Kristin, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! "

Okay so first day on food (was saturday) diet of 1,300 calories a day.. I went over :cry:
    BUTTTTTT
    Sunday I was under by a 150.. which made me feel good and I did A LOT of work outside getting my exercise.
    Today I am doing good. and drinking my water! :)
    I have a feeling I will stick with it at least 2 weeks.. after two weeks it is certainly going to be harder to keep it going.. but i love that I have other people to talk to.. okay so I only have one more day so I am just going to try and keep things going for the rest of today.. and I am going to try and get a pedometer at the end oft he day today...

As for tomorrow I cant wait!!!!!!!

p.s. I like the Hop into.. I <3 easter..
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Interesting- so, I fall off the wagon and still lose weight. I get back ON it and I gain?
    I guess it's just caught up with me. Damn. That'll teach me.
    Sorry I've been AWOL- busy times. :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    rose....it does take time for an over eat to show up. glad to hear you are back at it.
    b....yup tomorrow look for the week 6. this will be our final week and than start another. great job on the water. you can do this longer than 2 weeks. stick with it with us for the whole next 6 week chanllenge. by than it should be habit.
    pedal....thyroid problems sure can be a pain from what i hear and cause your body to go wacko. as if people already dieting aren't wacko :bigsmile:

nothing going on around here. we do have lots of MIAs. could be from coming into spring break and lots of tests going on.

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Sixers,

I've been lurking. I feel so rotten here lately, self-centered and self-absorbed that I've tried not to post. I hate being a Negative Nancy.

Home Front: Told Mr X not to move out yet. Might lose my job. He'd need to keep the house if that is the case, even if he can't afford it. At least he will be employed. We are now past the 3 month mark of me telling him I want a separation and him to move out. I'm about to lose my mind and my will to get out of bed each morning.

Job Life: I should find out Wednesday whether I'm "getting a pay increase", aka whether I'm losing my job. For sure feel we'll know by Friday.

Food Front: Stuffing everything within reach in my pie hole. The only exercise I get is from the kitchen table (or bedroom at night) to the freezer and pantry for ice cream and cookies and salty snacks. I'm debating buying a Butterfinger outta the vending machine right now. And exercise? Not today, sweets. I'm just not feeling it. :frown: I am so tired. Sore. Not seeing results. Not feeling it at all.

sigh. I want to do personals for you guys, I just can't muster up the energy or something. Feeling blue. I'll get over it.

I go to Vegas next week on an expense paid vacay with my bestest and her boyfriend (who provided the airfare and hotel). I think that will do me a WORLD of good.

Also going to the tanning bed tonight. I know it's horrible for your skin, but there is nothing like a pure shot of light to help lift my moods.

xo,
    me:indifferent: