The best info and advice I have EVER come across!!!

Options

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. It means a lot as I wrote it for you. I do ask that if you haven't already, please share it on facebook, email, or whatever you use. I'd like this to be one of the foremost reference pieces for general dieting info on the net and the only way that will happen is if it's shared by folks like you.

I'd appreciate it and thanks again!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for sharing!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • debgcook
    Options
    I have to say WoW. Alot to read had to save to my desktop. But very very good information.
    Thks
  • Loseforb
    Loseforb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump..need to wait til tonight to read
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    I just read a lot of it and bookmarked the rest for later! Thanks! Really good info. Things are always changing in medicine. What we thought to be true 10 or 20 yrs ago has changed drastically! :noway:
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Camey44
    Camey44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • speckled_1
    Options
    Thanks for this... it is a great resource!
  • maorilover
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. It means a lot as I wrote it for you. I do ask that if you haven't already, please share it on facebook, email, or whatever you use. I'd like this to be one of the foremost reference pieces for general dieting info on the net and the only way that will happen is if it's shared by folks like you.

I'd appreciate it and thanks again!

Hi, there the site is great. Can I ask you a few Qs please? I just want to know if I have worked things out right for me.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Hi, there the site is great. Can I ask you a few Qs please? I just want to know if I have worked things out right for me.

Absolutely.
  • maorilover
    Options

Absolutely.

Thank you. Ok I'm 160 pounds want to get to 132. I'm about 5.4. So I have worked out the following Calories 1550, protein 132g, fat 52g. Now for fruit and veggies I'm at a loss. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    And I get my fat from raw organic coconut oil.
  • MissyGorman2012
    Options
    I read it top to bottom one day (productive day at work LOL) and it was a really good read!!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hey Steve, any advice for insulin dependent diabetics like myself? I try to eat a good balance of mostly unprocessed foods, including lean proteins. I've never been overweight until the last year, though I'm not terribly overweight (5'7" @ 154lbs.) Losing weight is such an uphill battle. Any insight for us diabetics would be appreciated if you have any!
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Thank you. Ok I'm 160 pounds want to get to 132. I'm about 5.4. So I have worked out the following Calories 1550, protein 132g, fat 52g. Now for fruit and veggies I'm at a loss. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you don't have a history of substantial weight loss and/or any unforeseen medical issues that would tamper with metabolic rate, 1550 calories per day seems very reasonable, as does the 132 grams of protein and the 52 grams of fat.

The protein will account for 528 calories and the fat will account for 468 calories, which leaves you with 550ish calories.

I'm not sure what your question is in particular. My suggestion is to pick a couple of servings of fruit and a 3+ servings of fibrous veggies.

Suppose you included an apple, a cup of blueberries, a serving of carrots, a serving of spinach, and a serving of broccoli. This would account for roughly 270 calories... give or take. That still leaves you with 280 calories roughly. You can add another fruit and veggie if you'd like, you can add in some more fat if you'd like, and you can add in some starchy carbs if you'd like.

Those last 280 calories are pretty open in terms of what you fill them with. Carb sensitive folks will want to shy away from a lot of carbs. But that's about the only rule, if you really want to call it a rule.

Does that answer your question?
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    bump!
  • maorilover
    Options

Assuming you don't have a history of substantial weight loss and/or any unforeseen medical issues that would tamper with metabolic rate, 1550 calories per day seems very reasonable, as does the 132 grams of protein and the 52 grams of fat.

The protein will account for 528 calories and the fat will account for 468 calories, which leaves you with 550ish calories.

I'm not sure what your question is in particular. My suggestion is to pick a couple of servings of fruit and a 3+ servings of fibrous veggies.

Suppose you included an apple, a cup of blueberries, a serving of carrots, a serving of spinach, and a serving of broccoli. This would account for roughly 270 calories... give or take. That still leaves you with 280 calories roughly. You can add another fruit and veggie if you'd like, you can add in some more fat if you'd like, and you can add in some starchy carbs if you'd like.

Those last 280 calories are pretty open in terms of what you fill them with. Carb sensitive folks will want to shy away from a lot of carbs. But that's about the only rule, if you really want to call it a rule.

Does that answer your question?

That helps a lot! Thank you.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump