would you consider plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    hell yeah!! i'd get a breast lift because when you lose a lot of weight your boobs go down hill + i'd get excess skin removed..
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Heck yes I would. Just for problem areas though... not boobs or face or anything.
    Well, neither your boobs nor your face are problem areas. People get plastic surgery in an attempt to look as good as you.:love:

:blushing: Oh stop! :bigsmile:
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hubby promised a boob job when I reach my goal :-))
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes- Especially after done having kids and back fit! Those darn kids ruin our bodies but we love them lol
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Nope. I am what I am.

My marks from having children are something to be proud of. I worked hard (on bedrest for 5 and a half months) to get my son here. Wear them like a tattoo.

For me, plastic surgery is not even something I would consider. (unless of course, freak accident causing extreme problems.)
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have lipo or any kind of "Fat removal" done but I would love to have a mini tummy tuck. I don't need my tummy to look perfect and like I've never had kids but I would like to not have that skin hanging down...it kind of drapes from my belly button down and my belly button is higher than it used to be!? I guess cause the stuff below it got stretched out?? I've had 4 babies and when I'm prego my tummy is HUUUUUGE (all belly, but that makes it worse b/c all the stretching is in one place :/ ).

I don't know if we could ever afford it, but if I could...DEFINITELY! (It's not a priority though-financially that is)...
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. I've had two c-sections and surgery is no fun. I wouldn't want to deal with the discomfort, the recovery time, the nerves unless absolutely necessary.
  • girlypop
    Options
    Sure why not if I had the money and didn't have any responsibility that couldn't be ignored during my down time.

Why not? If it would make me happy.

See this right here is the reason I would never advise someone to get plastic surgery and why I would not choose it for myself...
    What makes you think it would make you happy? Loving yourself isn't only about your body. If you're healthy you should feel healthy which is good in a lot of ways... I love myself the way I am, flaws and all.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Everyone's got their own personal reasons why they would, and I'm not judging anyone's choices. I hate that I've lost my boobs to weight loss, but I do love that I'm in the best shape of my life at 38 years old and after 3 kids in a row.

If I had the money for plastic surgery, I still wouldn't do it. I'd put it toward ongoing therapies for my son who has autism. That's my own priority.

I've had LASIK and that was the best surgical decision I've ever made. Life-changing to someone whose eyesight was so bad.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Never. Why lie to yourself and the world about Who you really are?
    Finding and loving someone for who they are beings out the beauty within in them and you.

So glad I'm not alone!! ;)

This.
    No, you are not alone.
  • ljloran
    ljloran Posts: 18
    Options
    Heck ya if I had the money. I'm not talkin' lipo, just some extra skin removal do to the two extra large babies my body produced. 9+ & 10+lbs. I'm working seriously hard to lose the fat and get strong, but I unfortunately do not have the genes that allow ones body to bounce back without stretch marks. Don't know about the girls, it all depends on whats left by the time I reach my goals.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Probably not... though the thought of getting my boobs lifted up to where I think they should be is appealing.
    The thing that puts me off is the thought of having surgery that isn't actually necessary and the pain and risks that come along with that.
    But, its personal choice, I wouldn't condemn anyone else who chose that path.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Definitely, once I've lost all the fat I'm gettin a tummy tuck, my stomach is hideous from having three kids and bad genes. I look like I was a tigers toy :(
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    A breast lift for sure!!! Always said I would have it done before I turned 30, I was SURE I would have reached my goal weigh by then! Oh well, I guess I will do it before I turn 35! :wink:
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you have reached your goal weight, you're fit, you eat better and know you gone as far as you can go but you still have a problem zone you just can not get rid of, would you let a doctor take it off? For example inner thigh fat or belly fat or skin that stays behind can be stubborn for some of us.
    If I could afford it I'd do it, what about you?

"Never say never" but the way things stand now, I have zero thoughts or plans for cosmetic surgery in my lifetime.
    I am a few months shy of 40 years old, wife and mother.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    For those saying it will come back I am here to tell you 13 years later it has not.
    I had lipo on my inner thighs and knees. I was in great shape I just couldn't tone those areas. I am still happy with the result. Even this weight I gained from pregnancy didn't change it. My thighs still stayed small.
    I would do it again in a heartbeat. Once fat cells are gone they are gone. It will redistribute though. My weight gain was due to pregnancy but I gained pretty uniformly and it is coming off the same way.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    In a heartbeat! I have serious doubts that my tummy pooch is ever going to go completely away. Also was just thinking today that these last 10 lbs lost have really done a number on my boobs. Could really go for a lift and small fill, plus one is considerably bigger than the other, so yeah. I would love to get PS. I won't hate myself if it doesn't happen but it would be nice. Honestly though i think the down time will probably prove to be more of an issue than money.

I dye my hair and I don't see how it's much different. It's not that I hate my natural color, I just think this one is a tad more flattering. So it is with perky boobs lol.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This doesn't have much to do with weightloss but I want a nose job.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I've decided to evaluate whether or not I need/want any excess skin removed after I've been at my goal for a year or more. I'm hoping that things will tighten up enough that what's left will be fairly minor.

Though in all honesty, even if I had the money I'd probably get my eyes done instead. I'd love to be able to see without glasses or contacts. But the CrystalLens replacement still runs around 4k per eye.
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    Yes Maam sure would I would tuck and tighten in a heartbeat. Because truth be told sometimes you will have loose skin or stretch marks, droopy boobs or whatever after having kids or being overweight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!