Dukan it out !!! - The Dukan Diet

Options

Replies

• Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome Torsaer! Let us know how you find Phase 1 - Attack. Try to eat a bit extra during this time, as you might miss the satisfying feel of carbs.
  • rooboi85
    rooboi85 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Great to see so many on here!

I just stumbble across this diet from a friend, downloaded the book and then hey presto!

A bit about me, 26, male obv hehe, heaviest 110kgs dieted sucessfully this year down to 70.2kg - let things slide and 8 weeks later the scales are tipping at 80kg!!

So loving this plan and the fact it looks after you once you have reached your target....

I have just started a ketosis diet - basically zero carbs 2 days ago so am already loosing and aiming tomorrow to kick start my Attack for 2-3 days and into Cruise for another week to get me back to about 70kg.

Be great to hear others experiances and hope all goes well for you!!

Together we will get there!

Feel free to add me!

Jamie
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just found the recipes at the back of the book. I'm so glad that there is one for 'mayonnaise' . I'm totally fine with eating tuna or egg salad for lunch, but wasn't sure how tuna with nothing else would taste. Was really excited to find one for BBQ sauce. This makes the diet seem better and not as restricting. I'm looking foward to veggies.

Before starting this, I was basically only eating veggies and meat anyway. I love squash and cabbage and broccoli and carrots and egg plant and mushrooms and bell peppers and, and, and . . .

mmmmmm. So excited! I'm pretty poor these days so eating only meat/protein is getting expensive. But I'm pleased with the results. (So far 2 pounds in 2 days :-) )
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a long time MFP member but brand new to Dukan. I am on day 3 of Attack phase and would love to give and receive support- goodness knows I need it. I am a carbaholic- so this has been extremely difficult. But.. my cravings seem to be getting better, the worst part for me are the headaches. I am starting to get dry mouth so i'm not sure if i'm about to enter ketosis? how long does it normally take? How long did you ladies stay on attack phase?

does anyone have any good ideas of how to season tasty meat? is lemon pepper seasoning ok to put on fish?
    I did just cook my first oat bran galette (pancake) and it was delicious.
    i look forward to making new friends. Please share your Dukan experiences with me since I am a newbie. :flowerforyou:
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    I looked today for a low carb chocolate powder but I couldn't find. Can I use the normal chocolate powder or will it affect my weight loss?
  • tinukeb
    tinukeb Posts: 14
    Options
    Today is my first day on the Dukan diet. Found it relatively easy but am sure tomorrow will be much harder as will be out and about with my daughter who who will ask for the strangest things. Plan to bring some boiled eggs and slices of ham in my bag in case I get tempted.
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Hey, everyone:
    Just an update, Day 4 off to a good start. Fridge stocked and meals planned. I think I'll coast through to Monday with no problem.

How is everyone doing?

~G.Mouse
  • glittermouse
    Options
    I know all of you guys know this basic info, but I was on Youtube and found some videos of Dr. Dukan explaining the diet. I LOVE his accent. :) (especially the way he says 'oat bran' and 'vegetables')

Attack:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds6W_X7K0BE&NR=1

Cruise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=O8x4jjJMTWQ

Consolidation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=woWw16ZKCUU

Stabilization
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vf4UqALmHYE

(And that channel has a few other videos, if you're interested.)

. . . Acutally, now that I think about it, if there is someone who doesn't know about the diet yet, but has wandered through to check it out, these videos are a great introduction.

<3 TheGlitterMouse
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm done with the attack phase and today is my first day in the cruise phase:)) I lost 1.1 kgs but when I calculated my weight loss it said I must lose 1.5 in the attack phase is this normal? or I should do an extra protein day?
  • rooboi85
    rooboi85 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Anyone bought the recipe book?

I tried the cheesecake one, and they looked good upon cooking but flattened to dried out square pancakes as soon as they started to cool!

Help!!
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Hey, guys. Any of you experience cramping? My leg muscles are (and have been for about a day) pretty sore and now my left inner thigh muscle is acting like it's gonna cramp up into a full blown charlie-horse. What is going on? I haven't been doing extreme workouts. This Dukan Diet is the only thing I've changed recently.

I wanted to be in Attack for a few days longer, but I think I'd better switch to cruise and get some veggies in my diet sooner.

Wonder what caused this??

<3 G.Mouse
  • tinukeb
    Options
    Not sure what the reason is so won't guess, just wanted to say that I'm also experiencing the same feeling in my legs, especially my calf muscles. Going to walk it off in a minute and see if it helps.
    Hope you feel better really soon xx
  • tinukeb
    Options
    Hey, everyone:
    Just an update, Day 4 off to a good start. Fridge stocked and meals planned. I think I'll coast through to Monday with no problem.

How is everyone doing?

~G.Mouse

Hey glitter mouse, well done on the prep. I have prepped in as far as I know what I'd like to eat tomorrow but have not prepared any of it lol! Going to be another late night!
  • tinukeb
    Options
    Hey, everyone:

How is everyone doing?

~G.Mouse

Hey glitter mouse, well done on the prep. I have prepped in as far as I know what I'd like to eat tomorrow but have not prepared any of it lol! Going to be another late night!
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm done with the attack phase and today is my first day in the cruise phase:)) I lost 1.1 kgs but when I calculated my weight loss it said I must lose 1.5 in the attack phase is this normal? or I should do an extra protein day?

i was supposed to lose 6lbs but i lost 5 lbs in attack, i did it for 7 days, but lost the 5lbs in the first three days. i didnt want the attack phase to become counter-productive so i went to cruise phase.
  • mrshickey
    Options
    Anyone bought the recipe book?

I tried the cheesecake one, and they looked good upon cooking but flattened to dried out square pancakes as soon as they started to cool!

Help!!

tried the sponge cake yesterday (pg 152) but used 2 eggs instead of four, 32g of corn flour instead of 40g and vanilla flavouring instead of lemon zest. (saw the alternative version online and thought it may be better and less 'eggy') . i then realised i had no cake tin so poured the mixture into 12 silicone muffin cases. they were lovely, approx 143 calories and about 18g of carbs for SIX (which is my serving size cz im greedy lol) .
  • mrshickey
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a long time MFP member but brand new to Dukan. I am on day 3 of Attack phase and would love to give and receive support- goodness knows I need it. I am a carbaholic- so this has been extremely difficult. But.. my cravings seem to be getting better, the worst part for me are the headaches. I am starting to get dry mouth so i'm not sure if i'm about to enter ketosis? how long does it normally take? How long did you ladies stay on attack phase?

does anyone have any good ideas of how to season tasty meat? is lemon pepper seasoning ok to put on fish?
    I did just cook my first oat bran galette (pancake) and it was delicious.
    i look forward to making new friends. Please share your Dukan experiences with me since I am a newbie. :flowerforyou:

i use all sorts of seasonings as long as they dont contain sugar or are too salty. i use paprika, garlic powder, cajun/bbq/curry/caribbean/asian spices- all sorts. black/white pepper, you name it if it will make food tasty il use it. seasonings arent used in huge quantities so i dont think they are a hinderance to weight loss.
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Not sure what the reason is so won't guess, just wanted to say that I'm also experiencing the same feeling in my legs, especially my calf muscles. Going to walk it off in a minute and see if it helps.
    Hope you feel better really soon xx

Okay, I feel better, still a little sore, but not cramping. Did walking help you out?
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi Dukan gang- I'm on day 6 of Attack, not sure if this will be my last day or not...
    I have found my cravings for carbs have almost gone away at this point. I am having trouble sleeping at night though, anyone experience this?

Also, my mouth is extremely dry so I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis but the Keto-strips sometimes say i'm in it and this morning it read negative. I have been drinking coffee with splenda so i wonder if that could affect it?
    My carbs are still EXTREMELY low (for me) i haven't gone over 20 grams yet.

Anyway, good luck to you all and I am really excited about going into the Cruise phase.
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm on day one (again!) and am doing it properly this time with two (or maybe three) days of attack. I'm finding it fine so far and am not particularly hungry (fat free fromage frais with a bit of splenda is a good filler!)
    Am going to weigh tomorrow even though I know I won't have lost any (I did a bit of a pre Dukan binge at the weekend having my 'last' chocolate biscuits - you know the drill..) so will have gained some from that.
    Anyway, am going to to it properly this time so I'll know what everyone's talking about!