C25K Beginners Challenge - Join Now!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• jvmay1703
    jvmay1703 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just want to say I was so scared of running on the treadmill that I did 1 mile on the elliptical first and then walked "briskly" for 20 minutes. just to procrastinate! I was just so scared to start running, but when I finally did it was great!! I hope I can keep up with you all! Looking forward to week 2!
  • lukado
    lukado Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week :happy: I got the C-5K podcasts from www.runningintoshape.com and they're great. I have tried the C-5K before but gave up after week 5, so I'm back on the wagon.

Good luck, everyone!
  • yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did week one and loved it--am slow but I did it. Now I start week 2 and am glad to see others posts about breathing so I can learn to master that as running time gets extended. Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Finished week 4 last night. Even though I did it, I'm having a hard time picturing myself getting better at this point. But I'm going to stick with it. Maybe I'll need to repeat this week...we'll see.

Good luck everyone!
  • vaugkimb2346
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 completed. I think I will go back and do week 5 day 1 and then week 5 day 2 again before doing week 5 day 3. It was easier than I thought, but I have stayed on week 4 for 2 weeks building up strength.
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 1!!!.... I am sooo proud of myself, but not sure if im ready to move into week 2...

I'll try Day 1 and see what happens!! :)
  • mrsmorganray
    Options
    This is my last day for week 1!! I am running my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning! I feel like I will not be ready?!? Did any of you feel this way first starting out?
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar place--yesterday I did day 2 of week 1. Both of these made me tired, but I felt good. In fact, I felt so good I told the family I would run a 5K with them on thanksgiving morning--and now I'm starting to have second thoughts! I really want to do the run, but don't want to embarrass myself huffing the whole way.
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 2 after work today :) Have gym bag in the car ready to go.

I need different podcast though, robert ullery is lovely but this is my 3rd attempt so getting a bit sick of the same music.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a question. When I jog sometimes I can feel it in my shins. Is this just because I'm using them and toning is happening or is this something I should be concerned about, like shin splints? I've never had one so I don't know. It's not bad or anything but I want to know so I don't injure myself. If it's toning or simply me using my legs, GREAT! :) Thanks in advance.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I will have to re-start with week 1 again. Probably this weekend. When I started -- I had no problem with W1D1 or D2 but somehow never managed to get around to D3. So all of my info will be delayed getting to the proper threads. I'll do week 1 here then find the week 2 thread and so on.