One For The Banned

Options

Replies

• k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Oh damn...what was the name of that movie??? Invasion of the Glory Snatchers?
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    It would be nice of those suspended would come back, have fun, spice things up again, but keep within the guidelines of Mike's rules so they don't get suspended again.
    I'm sure you can find another place to self righteously condemn them other than this thread in their honor. Poorly done.

I self-righteously condemned them? What was poorly done? Who are you to tell me what thread I can and cannot post a comment in. And I was actually being sincere.

And who are you to tell someone how to behave or conduct themselves?? Pretty sure Mike and the mods have that all under control without your help.

You're just looking to pick a fight. I was sincere in my original comment.

No, I'm not looking to pick a fight at all. I'm wondering who made you the hall monitor. We are all adults and are aware of the consequences of our actions. We can act as we choose. Your reminder to "follow the rules and respect authority" comes off as self-righteous and condescending. Maybe that's not how you intended it, but that's how it felt to me and, based on the other responses in this thread, I'm not alone.
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    It would be nice of those suspended would come back, have fun, spice things up again, but keep within the guidelines of Mike's rules so they don't get suspended again.
    There's a contradiction. They keep things interesting because they fall somewhere out of the guidelines.

LMAO.........sorry that's all I got right now
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can find another place to self righteously condemn them other than this thread in their honor. Poorly done.

I self-righteously condemned them? What was poorly done? Who are you to tell me what thread I can and cannot post a comment in. And I was actually being sincere.
    No need to get worked up. I only commented on what I perceived in your comment. I have a right to comment on your posts and words, just as you have a right to comment on theirs and mine.

Apologies for overuse of the word "comment".

Well you assumed wrong. I was not condemning them or being self righteous in my original comment. I've had many respectful debates with some of the ones banned, and I've had several PM's with them. I'm cool with some of them and vice versa, but it's the perception of others that causes most of the drama.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    One For the Banned!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

And who are you to tell someone how to behave or conduct themselves?? Pretty sure Mike and the mods have that all under control without your help.
    [/quote]

You're just looking to pick a fight. I was sincere in my original comment.
    [/quote]

No, I'm not looking to pick a fight at all. I'm wondering who made you the hall monitor. We are all adults and are aware of the consequences of our actions. We can act as we choose. Your reminder to "follow the rules and respect authority" comes off as self-righteous and condescending. Maybe that's not how you intended it, but that's how it felt to me and, based on the other responses in this thread, I'm not alone.
    [/quote]
    Not trying to be the hall monitor. I was really meaning that it would be nice to have them back on here, and stay on. Not speaking about you, but I will comment on your statement that "we are all adults and are aware of the consequences of our actions". Then why do so many get worked up when there is a suspension, a thread gets locked, or deleted. Accept the consequence and move on, without bad mouthing the mods (but that is not what this thread is about). I did not intend to derail this thread. I'll be happy to discuss this further in a PM.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Would that be a boob?

(should have quoted BellySoonGone before this post........)
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options

No need to get worked up. I only commented on what I perceived in your comment. I have a right to comment on your posts and words, just as you have a right to comment on theirs and mine.

Apologies for overuse of the word "comment".

Well you assumed wrong. I was not condemning . them or being self righteous in my original comment. I've had many respectful debates with some of the ones banned, and I've had several PM's with them. I'm cool with some of them and vice versa, but it's the perception of others that causes most of the drama.

I did not assume, I perceived. I am not one known for drama. I will not start it now. You said what you said, it read to me, how it read to me. That is my opinion, I'm entitled to it. Thank you for your input.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    One of the rules of the site is to keep threads on topic. Let's do that here, please.

Just to clarify, they were only posting stuff that was against the rules in order to quickly get a thread removed. They weren't being naughty schoolchildren- -they were helping friends.

I will be glad when they are able to post again. They are all excellent people.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Keeping it to the topic:

Another one for the banned!
    Here, here!
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOL I have no idea what any of this is about but it's pretty ironic how the metaphorical drinks affected the thread.

Someone's talking about boobs.
    Someone vomited.
    Someone's getting philosophical,
    Most people are having a laugh,
    and then there's the cat fight!

*Clings to her bottle of captain and tries to find an unlocked car to pass out in*
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

It is the "control" that got us here in the first place.

I get the need for mods. I am sure I cause a headache. Often my threads and comments are right on the line. Often I get away with it. Why? Because I have always been that way here. I believe my towel thread is still alive even though the innuendo was clear. Stating that now, I may have lost that status.

They have a thankless job. I see enforcement a little uneven, but that makes us human really.

I love my friends here. I am proud to say almost every banned person is on my friends list. I probably would have joined them, but it was a rare instance where I preferred reading, not participating.

PS...did someone say "boob"?
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Keeping it to the topic:

Another one for the banned!
    Here, here!

in further support of the topic at hand...

*cheers* motherf*ckers! missing my crazy banned friends like nobody's business ♥
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    LOL I have no idea what any of this is about but it's pretty ironic how the metaphorical drinks affected the thread.

Someone vomited.

*Clings to her bottle of captain and tries to find an unlocked car to pass out in*

all that other stuff was good but the catfight was the best part :wink: !!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options

Someone vomited.

Hush Fly! No catfighting here! Just respectful disagreement.

Raising my glass for my friends!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    One of the rules of the site is to keep threads on topic. Let's do that here, please.

Just to clarify, they were only posting stuff that was against the rules in order to quickly get a thread removed. They weren't being naughty schoolchildren- -they were helping friends.

I will be glad when they are able to post again. They are all excellent people.
    That is the irony of this whole thing. They posted what they did to draw attention to a particular thread. I guess they did their job too well.

I raise my glass of diet mt dew to them.
  • binary_jester
    Options

Someone vomited.

Hush Fly! No catfighting here! Just respectful disagreement.

Raising my glass for my friends!
    You hush. Catfights and boobs are 2 of my favorite things.

Gah! That song is now stuck in my head.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be the hall monitor. I was really meaning that it would be nice to have them back on here, and stay on. Not speaking about you, but I will comment on your statement that "we are all adults and are aware of the consequences of our actions". Then why do so many get worked up when there is a suspension, a thread gets locked, or deleted. Accept the consequence and move on, without bad mouthing the mods (but that is not what this thread is about). I did not intend to derail this thread. I'll be happy to discuss this further in a PM.
    time_to_stop_posting.jpg
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Here's to my friends.... Prosit!! :drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Here's to my friends.... Prosit!! :drinker:
    I'll drink to that...and ignoring that other one!