Down 161 lbs since January 2011, feeling great Update

Options
jhardenbergh
jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
When I began, I felt hopeless weighing as much as I did, I was morbidly obese, a diabetic and didn't know it, as well as prehypertension. I figured at the rate I was going I wasn't gonna be around for more than 10 years. I started my diet/lifestyle change, whatever you wanna call it on January 13th 2011, My final pictures were taken this morning October 8th before working out.

Over the past 9 months or so, I have crushed some NSV's as well. I have lost over 72", I can shop at regular stores (no more fat man stores), I ran my first 5k (34 minutes), I rode my first roller coaster since 2002, I weigh less than I did in high school, I am shooting for my 7th grade weight just 21 lbs away. I actually like to exercise and look forward to it everyday. I am no longer diabetic, my blood sugar is around 80 and AIC is 5.0, my blood pressure went from 146/88 to 110/60, my cholesterol is in the low 130's and my good cholesterol is now in the healthy range.

I have started to work with a personal trainer and have seen great results in just a month. My wife has lost an absurd amount of weight as well in the same time frame around 117 lbs. Between us we have lost almost 280 lbs without gastric bypass, which to me seems alot harder than what I did after researching it.

I know when you have a lot of weight to lose it seems like you will never get to where you would want to be, I have used the success stories as inspiration to keep moving ahead it can be done, I hope these pics help to keep the hope alive for those with bunches to lose.

January 2011

IMG00001-20110122-2045.jpg

fatsidebelly.jpg

May 2011 Down 87 lbs

014.jpg

013.jpg

Late June Early July Down 110

109downfrontview.jpg

109downsideview.jpg

Late August Down 143 lbs

Down140pic.jpg

down140sideview.jpg

October 8th Down 161 lbs

down161front.jpg

down161side.jpg

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    wow what did u do for exercise, you look amazinggggggg!!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look amazing!! Congrats on all your success, that's just awesome!! Keep up the great work! =)
  • slickracer
    Options
    GREAT WORK!!!
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow u look amazing!!!!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Whoaaa! Amazing job, you look fantastic!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    holy crap, dude. awesome work!!!!!!!!!
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    By Thunder, what an amazing change!
    I mean, the usual "way to go"s and "great job"s aren't enough here.

That is just incredible work, take a bow.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Wow you are an inspiration! You look fantastic. Good luck on your last 21 pounds!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!! You look fantastic!!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    wow what did u do for exercise, you look amazinggggggg!!

Mostly cardio, I started out walking 2 miles around the neighborhood a couple times a week, then did some wii games to break the monotony, then did some walking/jogging and now I do mostly jogging/running. When I started out I was doing about 30 minutes a day, now I do around an hour or so. I have also started within the last month of working with a personal trainer two days a week for an hour plus running 4 to 5 days a week. He wants me to slow down on the cardio a little.
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job :smile:
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!!!!!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that is a remarkable change! Congratulations! I'm with everyone else when I ask "What did you do?!"
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    By Thunder, what an amazing change!
    I mean, the usual "way to go"s and "great job"s aren't enough here.

That is just incredible work, take a bow.

what he said! :wink:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Holy crap dude! Great work! You look fantastic!
  • thespence
    Options
    You look awesome! Not even the same person! Keep it up!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing story and I take a bow for yoiu and your wife. Thank you for sharing.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Dude.....that is freakin AWESOME!! Congrats to you - truly amazing!
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing success! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!