A serious and frightening subject

Options

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Go to the police, put this on record. Get a PFA/restraining order and I am a big gun supporter, so even a little fire power is good
  • Meli_fitness
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice, she seems a litlle scared, I will show her all the things that were said here, hopefully she will understand that her behaviour could be dangerous and that I am not the only one who feels this way... thank you all for you time, advice and support on such a frightening subject! I know shes scared of his reaction if she gets a restraining order, it wont stop him and possible make him violent.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    POLICE. Immediately.

Really? Do people not report this crap?

I think the question is, do you believe the OP?

...isn't it obvious to you?
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if you believe her - advice is the same ! what about both set of parents, can they step in?
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    POLICE. Immediately.

Really? Do people not report this crap?

I think the question is, do you believe the OP?

...isn't it obvious to you?
    What are you getting at?
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Tell her to buy a gun. Simple
    I live in Texas and we live by the 2nd amendment.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    Tell her to buy a gun. Simple
    I live in Texas and we live by the 2nd amendment.
    A gun can easily be used against you.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Go to the authorities. Get a restraining order, it can't stop him from coming close to her, but she can always call the cops and he can be taken to jail for violating them. Also, she needs to move, and get a P.O. box.
    ^^^^^AGREED
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Go to the police and buy a can of wasp spray to keep next to the bed...it is cheaper and easier to get than pepper spray, has the same blinding effect and shoots about twice as far.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    If this is a real post, I vote sleep with a knife under the pillow (after authorities are notified of course) and stab the mutha if he comes into her room. A knife in the purse, glove box and under the seat wouldn't be bad either. Fillet the fuka.

If this is fake and you are trolling, you're one sick fuk. But the good news is they have special hospitals with pretty white rooms and snuggly jackets for people like you.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    Do people actually post fake things like this here? I am not up on the MFP forum culture.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Do people actually post fake things like this here? I am not up on the MFP forum culture.

Sometimes people do. They like to see if they can get a reaction. Of course, there's no way of knowing for sure if that's the case here or not. I surely hope not because that's just sick. But at the same time I kind of hope it is because that's a very scary situation that nobody should ever have to encounter.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

MFP has regular trolls my friend.

Would YOU make one of your first posts in this manner?

Private profile... no pic..'shocking' topic? I call BS.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My bestfriend is being stalked by a dangerous guy
    Great advice here already.

I have a somewhat different concern that I haven't really seen explored. Are you sure your friend really wants this to stop? Often people in similar situations might not admit it (even to themselves), but they are getting something out of these kind of interactions.

I ask because you didn't say whether she has already contacted the police or reached out to anyone really. I know you said she is scared. You sound like a concerned friend trying to get support from others to convince your friend this guy is bad news. Is your friend convinced this guy is bad news? Know that you can be scared and thrilled at the same time - think haunted houses, roller coasters, etc. I'm not trying to paint your friend crazy, just pointing out that you may have a different battle on your hands than just a stalker.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

MFP has regular trolls my friend.

Would YOU make one of your first posts in this manner?

Private profile... no pic..'shocking' topic? I call BS.
    Ah! Good catch, koos. I'm with you.
  • countinonme
    Options
    Go to the police! Right now!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    This. By which I meant the gift of fear. And then do her the favor of supporting her following her instincts.

Definitely don't contact. Definitely order for protection. Definitely move if possible or stay with several different friends when she's freaked out.

Consider a dog.

Consider a gun but realize it puts her at greater risk and she has to be willing to shoot to kill if necessary. When I was stalked I went to a shooting range and couldn't shoot without crying. I chose against the gun and in favor of a lawyer and always having a phone with cops on speed dial. He's awake while watching her sleep. She is at. A disadvantage in waking up getting her wits about her assessing the threat getting and aiming the gun. And if its really near her he knows it before she's awake.

Don't count on an alarm system. One of the companies just paid out to the family of a Minnesota woman killed in her bed with her kids sleeping down the hall within 2 weeks of it being installed. He cut the phone line so there was no alerting the authorities. News reports indicated that the first the alarm sounded was when the kids ran terrified out the front door. Mom and her fiance (not the stalker) were already dead.

This is serious stuff. Not time to be nice let hom down easy, nor doubt your instincts. You are right to be scare
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I've had a stalker before, I had no problems contacting the police immediately and they took me seriously. These people do not think right. He even told my co-workers he was my husband.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    There is ONLY one course of action for this problem .. and it has to be done immediately!

REPORT HIM .. to her parents .. Her parents have to know ALL the details of what has been happening .. especially about the drawings .. They need to report this to police. There are stalking laws in place in every country, due to the potentially lethal nature of this crime. There are steps they can take to help protect her in her own home and when she is out in public. Closing her curtains at night would be the 1st course of action.

THIS is not a crush .. THIS is not love .. Do not under estimate the seriousness of this issue or capability of someone so obviously disturbed. No one .. and I repeat NO ONE .. draws horrific images like that .. and then gives those images to subject of the drawing because they LOVE them .. It's quite the opposite.

If you don't understand how serious this is .. then do some research and start by looking up physiological disorders like
    Schizophrenia or Bipolar disorders .. The disorders are not something to mess around with. You can't deal with this on your own and neither can your friend ... GET HELP!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm a little puzzled by the part where you say he may be watching her sleep through a window. I can promise you, no one can see me sleep through my windows, not even by accident. Doesn't make sense????