What to do with Cottage Cheese..

Options

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i put it on my baked potatoes with a bit of salsa (and if i'm needing extra calories, shredded mexican cheese). SO YUMMY!

Also good with strawberries, pineapples, peaches.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I usually add a pile of fruit. Or add a teaspoon of splenda and a teaspoon of cinnamon <- Jillian Michael's idea.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry before bed I always pick cottage cheese because it's got casein protein :) I like it with just lots of black pepper.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    hey you stole my line!! lol that is what I do.. and yeah the casein protein builds muscle all night!! and I load it with black pepper too :P
    If I'm hungry before bed I always pick cottage cheese because it's got casein protein :) I like it with just lots of black pepper.
  • forthefinish
    Options
    cottage cheese with fresh fruits cut up is delicious and filling. another thing is tear up some lettuce and put cottage cheese on it and then put cut up tomatoes on it with a little bit of pepper and it is great as well
    I might need to try that. Sounds good.
  • Kristin24C
    Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese sometimes to stuff chicken with. I also put spinach in cottage cheese and garlic. Then I take a raw piece of chicken and pound it flat and put the cottage mixture inside of it and roll it up. I use a tooth pick to keep it together and then bake it until the chicken is done!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Most people add fruit... I just add a ton of pepper to it and I like it that way!! But yeah cottage cheese is loaded with protein. It has what is called CASEIN protein in it... It is a slow dissolving protein. Cottage cheese is actually the best thing to eat before you go to bed. Since it has a slow dissolving protein and it digest all night it speeds up your metabolism while you are sleeping and builds muscle all night when you are sleeping!
    I just bought a tub of Lucerne's 1% no salt added Cottage Cheese.. and I honestly don't know what to do with it!! LOL. Any healthy recipes or what would go great with this? I never tried cottage cheese before! But heard it is good for you as well as protein. So any responses are really appreciated.. thanks! :)

wow, I need to start eating cottage cheese at night~!!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese sometimes to stuff chicken with. I also put spinach in cottage cheese and garlic. Then I take a raw piece of chicken and pound it flat and put the cottage mixture inside of it and roll it up. I use a tooth pick to keep it together and then bake it until the chicken is done!

oh my gosh, that sounds great~!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Blend it up and make CHEESECAKE SMOOOTHIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A bit of sweetner, whatever flavoring (cocoa, whey, strawberries, banana, cinnamon, lemon, mint extract, coffee) etc.

And they'll have a dessert-like flavor.

It's super naughty.

You have my guarantee.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 packet no-calorie sweetener
    1 apple, diced with skin on

Mix the cinnamon and no-calorie sweetener into the cottage cheese then stir in the apple. Comes in at around 180ish calories. You can also sprinkle a few slivered almonds on top for added crunch.
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My mom mixes it with Pace Picante Sauce. I just like it straight out of the container! If you have never tried Knudsen brand (or Breakstone, depending on what part of the country you live in), you should give it a try. I didn't like cottage cheese until I tried Knudsen. It is so YUMMY!
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love it with fresh tomato and onion slices. Oh and salt n pepper. (if youre not sensitive to sodium) :) also, it makes a good substitute for mayo in sanwiches.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff. I have used it in lasagna recipes and with fruit and even in smoothies...
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Blend it up and make CHEESECAKE SMOOOTHIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A bit of sweetner, whatever flavoring (cocoa, whey, strawberries, banana, cinnamon, lemon, mint extract, coffee) etc.

And they'll have a dessert-like flavor.

It's super naughty.

You have my guarantee.

and who doesn't love super naughty cottage cheese?
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It's really good on toast, especially whole wheat english muffins.

Heck yes! With avocado! YUM!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    LOTS of pepper and cherry tomatoes cut in half!! Yummy
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I normally eat it plain.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash topped with cottage cheese and marinara with a sprinkling of red. fat cheese. Bake it off and it's super yummy and filling.
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    I mix it with peanut butter and eat it on rice cakes or just as it is. Or try this in the mornings - 5 egg whites, 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of oats. Mix together and cook like a pancake. Serve with low carb/low sugar maple syrup. Really yummy and a high protein start to your day!
  • kamaria1
    kamaria1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it plain, with salt and pepper, with fruit or with jam (takes like cheesecake with jam...yummy)