Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Teresa -- I LOVE the name Henry Scott! I've loved the name Henry for a long time & dh is Scott. :smile:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I want to thank each of you that welcomed me back or checked on me throughout my absence or even just merely thought of me.Its been a rough couple of months finding out my husband has diabetes and taking care of him.I have been slacking,no exercise eating poorly and just feeling sorry for myself.This cycle has to stop somewhere so today I decided no more enough was enough and I will meet my end of the year goal of 20 pounds or more if it KILLS ME!! My girls deserve better and most importantly I DESERVE BETTER!!! I am tired of fighting this FAT BATTLE! I Know how to lose the weight and what to do to lose it so I just need to do it already! NO more being lazy or making excuses I CAN AND I WILL DO THIS!!! It does make it easier with the diet restrictions my husband has he will not allow JUNK in the house which is good because I needed a push in the right direction.

Thank you!!!!!! AND YES you can do it!!!!
  • msmmrobinson
    Options
    Weigh in time.....-6lbs....-2.09%!!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week. I'm a pound up and TOM should be here anyday. Hope to see a loss next week! :flowerforyou:
  • Kdrules
    Kdrules Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello all I just joined in. I weighed in today at 265....
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Momma.................................-0.4.....................-0.14%
    msmmrobinson..................- 6.0.....................-2.09%
    mstahl....................................-0.4.....................-0.22%

It's not much but I'll take it :wink:

msmmrobinson - WAY TO GO!!! did you have a small child this week and forget to mention it!? HOLY COW :drinker:

Kdrules YAY! welcome!

Julie (Little Spy) and Teresa(Tstout) I love the name Henry - a friend's sister named her son Henry Porter which is funny to us Harry Potter fans because of the similar sound - and the mom isn't an HP fan so that makes it even funnier :laugh:

Jess (RedneckWmn) you'll be down in no time! Keep up the great work!
  • msmmrobinson
    Options
    Thanks mstahl!! I just recommitted myself to being healthy on Monday so I think that has a lot to do with the huge weight loss but I will take it. I am pretty sure next week will be a lot less.
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i haven't finished logging for yesterday but I am pretty sure I hit my calorie target and I did work out with my trainer for an hour yesterday.
    I have had a really hard end of a Friday teaching my middle schoolers. I just don't understand why students blatantly decided NOT to do work. I had a student tell me she just did not feel like doing the project & then when I called mom to explain that her daughter is failing the mom got all mad at me because she didn't understand how her daughter could be failing for not doing a project that was worth 25% of her grade. The mom didn't seem to hear me when I said that the daughter isn't passing the tests, just the homework.
    I am so ready for the weekend! I am going to go pick my son up from daycare & head home to enjoy dinner with company and definitely some WINE!
    I forgot to weigh in this morning too...I will check in tomorrow!
    Thanks for listening!
  • LisaMDJ
    LisaMDJ Posts: 18
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I just joined this site and started tracking my calories here, and I need all the support and motivation I can get to get this 80 pounds off. I'm taking it slowly this time (I lost 110 pounds a few years ago but put 80 back on after pregnancy). I really need a group of likeminded people to help me stay focused, and I want to help encourage other people too!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am between fighting a bug and tom to show up within days and I have bad days of that. I also have fibromyalgia and chronic fatique syndrome, so I am always fighting pain and fatigue. But they are MUCH WORSE during PMS time. So my results for the day, though not great, really is good for the fact that the pms is ruling, it is Friday ( the worse day of the week for me to want to cheat) and so forth.

My Goals
    Staying under calorie goal: Over calories a bit, not too too bad.
    Excercise 5x a week (M, W, Th, Fr, Sat.): 35 mins of mowing lawn
    Water 80 oz. - Nope, sf ice tea all day.

Proud of self: For fighting off 75% of the temtation that came at me and opting to NOT EAT the big burger bun so that I could have more tater tots and thus reducing the Friday night damage. I know... I need to overcome the weekend cheating mentality. I am truly working on this.

Oh since I started yesterday on here I will give todays weigh-in as my starting weight: 249.6
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Momma.................................-0.4.....................-0.14%
    msmmrobinson..................- 6.0.....................-2.09%
    mstahl....................................-0.4.....................-0.22%
    lstpaul....................................-1.4......................-0.68%

It's never too late to join us LisaMDJ - we are very informal.

Yeah to the losers this week! I'm SO SO happy to see the scale moving again .... and I FINALLY made it into the 21*s with 218.6 yesterday. I didn't have a good eating day yesterday - lunch out with a friend for a smashburger and fries, and then beer and appetizers at a friends for dinner. But it was nice to see so many friends in one day so I'll give myself a break and get back on track today. I really want to keep that pound loss for my weigh-in on Monday so that I don't have to pay at my weightloss challenge class!
    Have a good weekend all! we are heading to the farm today and then will be carving pumpkins at my parents tomorrow - so I will likely be MIA until Monday.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    I'm excited we have some new people on here YAY! It's fun getting to know new people AND it's always fun when the thread is more active :flowerforyou:

HERE IS A NEW RULE FOR THE GROUP!
    Not keeping up on the thread is FINE don't think you can't post just because you don't have the time to read through all the updates since you last checked in!
    NO THREAD INDUCED GUILT ALLOWED HERE! :bigsmile:

Checking in for Friday:
    Calories - Over by 300
    Water - doing better here!
    Exercise - None - my knee is hurting so skipped Friday

Proud- I was at work forever and I wanted to just eat chocolate (which I did) and when I got home I was a bundle of stress and I asked for HELP which isn't like me and I got a little help :wink: My husband made a fire and toasted me some home made bread, and poured me a glass of wine. This took me over my calories but what "worth-it" calories they were!

Checking in for Saturday:
    Calories - Under by 300
    Water- Just 64 oz in the form of iced green tea
    Exercise- None counted

Proud - my FIL was in the ER Friday night and Saturday (they admitted him). He's 93 and he's going to be OK but I didn't allow this to excuse stress eating. (I did allow it to induce CHOCOLATE eating but within my calories) I am also PROUD that on my own I caught 9 of our 13 chickens and trimmed their flight feathers to keep them from escaping the backyard :tongue: Three sneaky ones are still in need but I'll get them eventually! I didn't count that as exercise but it was exciting and my heart rate went up quite a bit :laugh:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    lstpaul, yay for the 21's...So close to onederland, can you taste it cause sister you are close enough that you should be able to.:flowerforyou:

I am excited about all the new people too. How fun and just think a new person won the biggest loser challenge this week so please pose a challenge to us. We need one because we have not done that in a while. By the way that would be you msmmrobinson! It can be what ever you want an exercise challenge, water drinking what ever you would like.

mstahl, as usual you have such entertaining stories I would count chicken chasing as exercise.

Well, I went to see my college student yesterday. We took her to Santa Cruz to spend the day at the beach. It was so nice we had a nice lunch and walked and walked and walked and walked. Did I mention we did tons of walking because we did. Oh and talk about pure joy. My 6 year old son had such a wonderful time. Some of you may not know that my little guy was diagnosed with Autism. Well back to the pure joy. The waves crashing on him was amazing. It was joy in its purest form. He thought that was so wonderful. He is still talking about it today. He saw seals (he keeps calling them eels) He is talking about them sleeping and us loving them. That makes my heart do little leaps of joy! What a wonderful day with my family. So as not to leave out my 2 middle girls they had a great time too and they loved the beach. My two teenage girls were enjoying some of the male scenery can't say that I blame them:laugh:

See you all tomorrow and I will post. I must confess I think my calories were pretty high yesterday I did not keep track but I did do tons of walking and while we were at the restaurant I had my water glass filled 4x so I think I did well with water since that was just lunch.

Proud: I am proud of me for getting out in public and moving around even with all the beautiful California bodies who love to exercise near the beach. I sometimes feel intimidated and uncomfortable to be around that because of my weight and I did not let it hold me back yesterday. :heart: :love: I am proud of the little guy for making progress each and everyday.:love::heart:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Sherry (Momma24): Glad you had a great time visiting your daughter and that Ryan had a blast. I hope he doesn't think you lost his Miranda anymore!

I'll do a more thorough check-in tomorrow, but I just wanted to pop on and share the news that I just signed up for a 10 miler in two weeks!! I've never run that far before, so I had better get busy on some training runs! I'm excited and scared but I mostly signed up because I really want the jacket and medals runners get for this race. I'll have to take pics for you all and post them.

I'm scared and excited, but I figure if this race goes well, there will be no reason not to rock the half marathon in May.

Can you ladies tell I don't follow training plans well? I tend to just jump into things....

Have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Officially today I am 238.6 pounds....will give an update if this changes tomorrow...

Today, I am proud of myself for reading the labels to check for caloric content. This week I am shooting for a weight loss goal of 2 pounds, 1 pound minimum.

Have a great evening.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I am down .8 of a pound so I am happy with that this morning!! Everyone is doing so well ! I feel great now that I am back on my exercise routine even though my muscles are achy its a good ache and I plan on sticking to it! With that said I am going to get my girls ready for school and then on my elliptical for 45 minutes have a great Monday everyone
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Welcome Annasgyal!:flowerforyou:

Checking in for Sunday -
    Calories: Over by 600 and some *ouch* :grumble:
    Water: OK - mostly diet soda and green tea which I know many don't count as water
    Exercise: Moving out-side furniture inside!

Proud: I had a :heart: Frisco melt:heart: at Steak N Shake then split a small fry and a chocolate malt with my husband. Doesn't' that sound reasonable? Yeah. NOPE! :noway: Then on the way HOME from the lake we hit a McDonald's and I had a grilled chicken sandwich and a apple caramel sundae. I'm proud that i didn't just keep eating when we got home. I was still hungry and I didn't let myself think "Oh why not I'm already 6 billion calories over!". :frown:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I am here....let my self balloon back up to 230 so I need to get back on track...no more excuses this time, although the wedding planning was totally hectic and I a, glad to have gotten through it.

I HATE every single picture of me from the wedding I look awful but it is what it is and now just gotta get myself to where I want to be. I think I mentioned it before but my goal is now 170. I have never been anywhere close to 150lbs and I dont think I need to be 150lbs....I thinka t 170 I would be super happy with myself and its more attainable. If ..I mean WHEN I get there if I decide that I want to hit the 150lbs mark then Ill keep going.

Trying to be more realistic this time around....

Ill be back to check in later

Cris

BTW- My mother in law and I are in a biggest loser competition type of thing until Dec 17th we are both reallly competitive so we are hoping that htis will get us both to lose weight! she started at 183 and I was 231 on Oct 9th...ill keep you guys posted on the developments
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    OMG Melinda, really? Your going to bring up Steak N Shake on a Monday morning? Thank goodness the one here closed.

I went to bed at 11.30. Baby woke me up at 4. I went back to sleep for an hour and then I pulled my fat *kitten* out of bed and went to the gym. Woot!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Julie (LittleSpy): Great job on getting to the gym even though you must have been exhausted! You're awesome!

Cris: Glad to have you back! I hope even though you hate the pictures, you had a wonderful wedding day and a fantastic honeymoon. As always, we're here for you!

Not much new to report since my post last night, so this one will be short and sweet.

Have a great day!