MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-10/9-10/15

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: October 9, 2011 to October 15, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week.
    1. 30DS
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work every day
    4. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips)

Let's have another great week!
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    I want abs for xmas and even though my trainer said they may not be as effective as we all know I will up my crunches and situps each day. So my mini goals for this week are:

1) complete 100 crunches (varied) each day for the week incl. my rest day
    2) snacks to be at no more than 100 cals at one time. (Already failed today but that's why I need to put it on here so I can improve)

Thank you for posting this - will come here each day to update :D
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    What a fabulous concept. After completing an Aug challenge and barely surviving a Sept challenge, I'm a bit "challenge-shy" and concerned I won't be able to stick it out.

I'm challenging myself to 500 crunches this week. I'll spread them out thru the week as needed, but will write them on my calendar so that I can see they are done.

Thanks for this little nudge! :-)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    ....I plan on keeping the same goals for another week..:heart:

**My Goals for this week (10/9-10/15)**

1 - Track food daily, make healthier choices
    2 - Workout 4-5 days this week
    3 - Stay FOCUSED on the Game!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    SO even though I did not get my 10 miles last week I need to get On my way to my monthly goal so this week I need to get 15 miles to catch up. SO IF ANY OF YOU SEE ME NOT LOGGING SOME MILES BUST MY BUTT!!!!!
    Hoping to hit Onederland by this month and I am going to have to do something new if I have any hope of that!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mak! I'm in again! I'm going to change my week to Mon - Sunday; think it makes more sense for me. I'm going to repeat 2 of my goals from last week because I failed!! :embarassed: So here are my goals starting tomorrow:

1) Eat 3 servings fruit/veggie
    2) Keep sodium under max
    3) Work out 6 days
    4) Log every day!! (I had my weekend off so need to get back on it)
    5) OK - adding another goal - it will be a stressful week for me so I need to stay in control of my emotions and not make poor choices or decisions (both with food and with work issues).

Looking forward to the new week!! :bigsmile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Sunday Check - in

1. Tracked food and water, had another healthy day!
    2. No workout today, but back to my regular workouts M-F:love:
    3. VERY FOCUSED! I feel good about that!
    4. Checking in with my goal experience once again.

It's been a pretty good week and a great beginning to the brand new one!

Welcome to newcomers, it's a nice group where you can commit to weekly goal that don't overwhelm you... I like doing goals by the week, if some days get rough you know there's another coming and a new week coming soon as well!:laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile:

:heart: Great to see all our regulars back too, always so happy to see all your faces and posts of inspiration and ideas you share on your goal list. I've always enjoyed reading everyone's goals ...gives great ideas for later ones for me!:wink:

:flowerforyou: MAK_01 Your goals look great this week! Thanks for starting up the new thread, what on earth would we do without you and LadyGloria...well and the whole rest of the gang as well!!:wink::heart:

:flowerforyou: la_nanita Looks like your week evened out and you've got fabulous do-able goals for this upcoming week! Glad you're here Hon.

:flowerforyou: philosohoe :smooched: " the bestest challenge group around!" Love how you put that.:tongue: So very true isn't it though. Btw...you really inspire me, you're such a hard worker..you keep me motivated Girl!

:flowerforyou: Ittee YAY! Looks like you had a pretty good day with those fruits & veggies, great job! I know you'll do great this week. :wink: Oh! OH! Oh...Disneyland today, how'd that go?

:flowerforyou: fitnhealthyccthats So glad you've joined us! I agree, mini goals are awesome, and if times are a bit rough no need for us to beat up ourselves (remember to remind me of that myself, would you?:laugh: )

:flowerforyou: bhurley1424 Glad you're back for a new week!:happy:

:flowerforyou: genene111 Hey welcome to MFP and to the warmest thread around! Glad you've decided to join us and I know you'll love it here.

:flowerforyou: For anyone I missed... my apologies! I've got one eye on the clock for bed and trying to finish up here...so I split the difference this time. :smokin: :tongue:

Always grateful for this wonderful group to come to each evening and check in on all my friends!:bigsmile:
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Love this:)! So for week(10/10-10/16)
    Goals
    * 50 crunches every day
    * five work out days
    * no soda except for club soda
    * weights 3x this week

I'm new to mfp and I love the group support ! Mini goals are the way to go!!!:) thanks for putting this up:)
    Cw- 166lbs
    Gw- 125 - 130 by feb 18
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Aninamika – Great goals! Good luck with abs for xmas, sounds like a great gift! We look forward to seeing how your progress goes with both goals.

Fitnhealthyccthatsme's – Welcome to the thread! Glad you decided to try another challenge. The mini goal challenge is low key, you’ve already started by picking a great goal to work on. Check in daily if you’d like, or less often if you prefer. Make the mini goals work for you. Good luck with the crunches.

Hearts♥Desire – Working on the same goals is always a great idea, helps makes the new changes stick. Nice job with your goals Sunday looks like you are doing really well with tracking food and water and making healthy choices. Keep the great focus! I agree with you I don’t know what I’d do without the support of this group.

KrisPage - I know you can do this! I’ll try my best to keep you going I want to see you hit your 15 miles this week! Onederland here you come!!

Bhurley1424 – Glad you are in for another week. Monday to Sunday is perfect, make the challenge work for you. I know you can do this! Good luck with your goals this week the new ones and the ones from last week.

Genene111 – Welcome to the mini goals thread! Glad you found the challenge. It’s a great place to work on small changes that will help you get to the ultimate goal. Good luck with your goals looks like you picked some good ones.

Sunday check in:
    1. 30DS – Day 17 done
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in – unfortunately didn’t get one in today.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work every day – going to pack my lunch for tomorrow
    4. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips) – logged the extra nugget I nabbed for lunch.

Have a great night all. Check in with you all tomorrow!
  • Kessyrene
    Kessyrene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great idea:)
    For this week(10/10-10/16)
    Goals:
    (1) Workout 4-5 days this week
    (2) NO SODAS!
    (3) Minimum 2 litres of water daily
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hooray for the new thread! Every time we start the new thread, I have this weird sensation like I just opened a door and there's this awesome party waiting on the other side. I know I'm weird, but I get so excited for the new challenge week. Even though I've had a stressful homework/family issues filled day, it makes me so happy to come in here and read everyone's new goals, or repeated goals, say hello to the new people, and say hello to "old" friends.:tongue: Love it :heart: love it :heart: love it.:love:

MAK-Thank you for the new thread. As you can see, it makes my heart happy.:flowerforyou: And GFY girl! Logging those BLTS is an Awesome goal! I know you'll rock it.:smokin: btw...I cracked up when you mentioned that I weighed in on a NOT MONDAY. I felt so, "Aww, MAK knows my weigh in day!":blushing: but then I remembered that I've been chanting about it for a month, so, yeah, sorry about that, but more chants to come!:laugh:

KrisPage-WOW! That HRM info is super-cool! It's so neat that it actually knows when you're sleeping and when you're awake. I bet they invented that thing at the North Pole. (LOL! Santa reference too early?:laugh: )

HeartsDesire--You are so sweet! Good luck on your goals this week. I know you'll do fabulously. Your eye-of-the-tiger focus is turning into a laser beam of focus-fantastic!:glasses:

To finish off last week, here is my check in for Sunday:
    1) Exercise 5 days including 1 workout video (probably ChaleanX)--check 7/5
    2) Keep macronutrient ratio at 50:25:25 for Carbs/Protein/Fat—51.7/17.2/31.1 hmm, I knew I needed more protein for dinner, and I had it, but it got overshadowed by stupid cilantro dressing. Bleh.:cry:
    3) Sodium under 2000--Nope 4/7 final count for the week. Another one I can blame on dinner. Oh you flour tortillas, how you tempt me so!!:sad:
    4) Get at least a 3500 calorie deficit total for the week: ALRIGHT GOAL ACHIEVED! Final count 4190!!:noway:

NEW GOALS for the Week (Mon-Sun):
    1) Keep macronutrient ratio at 50:25:25 for Carbs/Protein/Fat--Let's give this another shot.
    2) Sodium under 2000--I feel like I set myself up for failure with this one, but I'm going to keep working it.
    3) Get at least a 3500 calorie deficit total for the week--exercise might be trickier this week, so I'm going to use this goal to keep me from going over on food.
    4) Do Not Weigh In On Any Day Other Than MONDAY--Bringing back an old favorite!:laugh: I'm getting close to my 20lb loss, so I want to make sure that I don't obsess about it everyday. I do feel SLIGHTLY more confident about my ability to avoid over-weighing, hence the not ALL CAPS, but I still want to stay accountable to my awesome support group.

That's all for tonight. Good luck to everyone for the week and for the challenges that Monday brings. Good night all!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    YAY! here we go again! Welcome newcomers! :flowerforyou:

KrisPage: that gadget sounds super cool! so much info!

1- Keep up Chalean X schedule + 1 extra cardio workout/week

2- 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day

3- Have a glass of water before every meal

All done for sunday, including the extra cardio for the week.

Another week of exams start, so here we go!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Morning All....

Here are my goals for this week: 10/10-10/16
    1) P90X: Do all 6 workouts on the days they are supposed to be done!
    2) Water: 64oz
    3) Do not eat anything after 8pm

I woke up early and tried to do my P90X, it was so difficult and I talked myself into stopping it with 15mins to go. FAIL!! I guess doing so much on the weekend has me tired. AND my body is sore!! I will try again tonight. That is why I have changed up my fisrt goal a little, it is more specific.

For my last goal I have taken away breakfast and am now aiming for not eating past 8pm, I am a big time late snacker so this one will be very difficult for me.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hooray for the new thread! Every time we start the new thread, I have this weird sensation like I just opened a door and there's this awesome party waiting on the other side. I know I'm weird, but I get so excited for the new challenge week. Even though I've had a stressful homework/family issues filled day, it makes me so happy to come in here and read everyone's new goals, or repeated goals, say hello to the new people, and say hello to "old" friends.:tongue: Love it :heart: love it :heart: love it.:love:

MAK-Thank you for the new thread. As you can see, it makes my heart happy.:flowerforyou:

I feel the same way, last night I was getting desperate looking for the new thread thinking that I missed it. I even thought of starting it myself!!! But it would not be the same! Thank goodness we have Mak and Ladygloria to start them for us. I could not do it with out you guys!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Hi I am back again, went to sleep early last night..Thanks MAK_01 for starting the thread.

Goals for 10/9- 10/10/15

1- 5 fruits and veggies 6 days a week
    2- 40 minutes brisk cardio 6 days a week
    3- Follow Garys's low impact pla

Will post again tonight.
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: Hey there everyone!
    Just checking in: 50 original crunches, 50 oblique crunches
    Over on water and under on cals but tonight I gave into a craving which has been stubbornly hanging around for close to 3 months. I had pizza for dinner. I tried going to Pita Time (a pita wrap place) because they do pita pizzas which is the size of a bread plate. Unfortunately they were closed - I went through everything in my mind to see what I could do to fill the void...it was already past dinner time so I gave in. Tomorrow will be a lot better and hopefully this has sorted it out!
    I'm so happy I saw this thread! Cheers for the WARM WELCOME too!
    LOVES IT :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

Oh I sooo know that feeling Philosohoe it IS like a party when the new link appears! Then another party begins with all our friends each week on here! It's such a close group...I love that about it!!:smooched:
    balloons_by_YaMiT.jpg
  • editorsc
    Options
    1 coke a day
    log on every day
    still get new battery for scale (it's on my shopping list)
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hi All!
    Not my usual evening check in... but I needed to send out an SOS! My manager brought in cupcakes and doughnuts into the office today. And the "snack" cube is right behind mine, so I am walking past them ALL day. I don't want to splurge on one (considering I know the cupcakes aren't really as yummy as they look, and I'm not a huge fan of the flavor doughnuts there are). They still call to me. So I just needed to put it out there. Send some good thoughts my way!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Not my usual evening check in... but I needed to send out an SOS! My manager brought in cupcakes and doughnuts into the office today. And the "snack" cube is right behind mine, so I am walking past them ALL day. I don't want to splurge on one (considering I know the cupcakes aren't really as yummy as they look, and I'm not a huge fan of the flavor doughnuts there are). They still call to me. So I just needed to put it out there. Send some good thoughts my way!

You can do it!! Grab some fruit (I know - not quite the same thing :bigsmile: ). I hope you were able to resist! I didn't this weekend that's for sure! :embarassed: :blushing: