100 Miles in October!

Options

Replies

• sarashleyj
    sarashleyj Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing their miles? Cause some of you are in the 20s already, is that only running or is that cycling also?
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing their miles? Cause some of you are in the 20s already, is that only running or is that cycling also?

Mine is only running (with occasional walking on some of my long runs because I cant run 7miles straight yet!!!), but some people are biking also!!!
  • cborgo
    cborgo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, mines mostly the elliptical with a little bit of walking. I'm tooooooo old to run! Few more days in I'm now at 23.66 miles!!!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    mine are mostly running miles (but i do walk intervals on my runs because i can't run the whole entire time without stopping yet!) but then i have like 4 of my miles on the elliptical when I have my 'cross training' days :)
  • abby459
    Options
    I am up to 16!!!! ANd hopefully getting in my nice long 7 mile run today!!!

We can do this!!!
  • dowdydog
    Options
    I am mostly walking, but I rode 8.7 miles today with my son. Gotta get another 3 miles in to make it 1/4 of the way there. Go Rocktober!
  • CarmenMSU
    CarmenMSU Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Through today we should have completed about 32 miles and through the weekend we should be half way complete. I am a little behind but plan to ramp it up this week. :smile: Good Luck!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    me! I have made the goal to do 100 miles on my exercise bike in september. it was 75 in august, and now 100 again in october :-) good luck!
  • sarah307
    Options
    well i took four days off :(
    BUT
    i made up for it today by adding 7.2 miles !!

I'm at 27.2 now !!

great job so far everyone!!!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    whoo hooo 71 :D !!! lol
  • Leigh_mc
    Leigh_mc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    not been doing to bad on my miles, my food is a completely different matter though! need to sort my head out!
    Also most my miles where running, and some cycling but it is starting to become more walking miles! (taking family out for walks) but its something and am moving!! just want some decent weather so i can go out and do a massive bike ride need to unwind so to speak!!!!
    But thank you guys for this motivation!!! xxx
  • dowdydog
    Options
    Walking is awesome exercise! You can burn more calories per minute walking with the family than riding, but the miles accumulate much slower. I love to walk, but I rode another 8.9 miles today with my 9yr old son. We can do this!

DowdyDog
  • abby459
    Options
    I am up to 28 miles....hoping I can make it!!!
  • sarah307
    Options
    whoo hooo 71 :D !!! lol

dang girl!! :)
  • sarah307
    Options
    30.4 miles so far!! 10/12/11
    so.. if I do the same for the next 12 days.. I'll have 60 miles by Oct 24th.. i better step it up a notch!!
  • cborgo
    cborgo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Up to 37.5 miles today!!!!! :-)
  • sarah307
    Options
    Up to 37.5 miles today!!!!! :-)

great job!! you are *almost* half way :) !
  • sarah307
    Options
    33.6 total !! I'm slowly getting up there!! ha
  • CarmenMSU
    CarmenMSU Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 41.34 trying to get up to 50 by Saturday the halfway point. :smile:
  • sarah307
    Options
    I'm up to 41.34 trying to get up to 50 by Saturday the halfway point. :smile:

great job!!