(OPEN) 21 Days No Junk Food Challenge!

Options

Replies

• barbdip
    barbdip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 1...... Already thinking it may be a hard day~! Need to plan out all my meals/snacks for the next 3 days to avoid the HUNGER and grab anything phase!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am already starting my own 6 weeks no sugar/wheat challenge today. So I'm going to jump in here to get some accountability!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Today's day 1 for me! So far the only change I've made is replacing Jif peanut butter with natural almond butter in my oatmeal.

Grocery shopping actually ended up saving me money this week, so I am really thinking that my junk foods were expensive!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Sunday 4 out of 21 done. I never thought I could pull this off... its difficult, especially at night. Its choice by choice...... good luck all!!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Offical Day 1... but I've had a whole week of clean eating! Just need to keep the momentum going! I thought about having some sort of sugar last night but decide, why? I've been so good all week, I can go 28 days!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    some of this is unclear to me but Im in to attemtping no junk food for me for the rest of the month, but stuff like my all natural sugar sweetend coffee creamer, is that junk or not? but I will put the effort in to cut out clear cut junk foods
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    some of this is unclear to me but Im in to attemtping no junk food for me for the rest of the month, but stuff like my all natural sugar sweetend coffee creamer, is that junk or not? but I will put the effort in to cut out clear cut junk foods

Basically, the list is open to personal interpretation! If you think that your natural sugar coffee is a junk food, then cut it out for 21 days. But if that's a part of your healthy day, don't worry about it.

I've added a few things to the list for myself (food bars, sandwich thins, light wheat bread) because I have had binge-issues with those foods lately and have allowed natural almond butter to not be considered a junk food. I'm also considering pretzels to not be chips, since I have no problem limiting myself to one serving of those.
  • ApproachingDusk
    Options
    I'm so in. Terrified but going for it.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Would love to do it, but I LOVE my dark chocolate and peanut butter!
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Would love to do it, but I LOVE my dark chocolate and peanut butter!

Many are keeping those two foods in, and just following the other "no"s. :-)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm not eliminating peanut butter. I add a tbs or 2 to my protein shakes every day. But it's not one of my "binge" foods. My problem is carby snacky things like crackers and pretzels and chocolate things like m&ms, etc. So I am eliminating all wheat and sugar to avoid any potential temptations.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Is (open) meaning for anyone or is this a club only type thing? I would love to do it. I need some motivation to get the scale moving. I'm also new to the MFP site. So I'm learning my way around.......
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    I tried to do this on Oct 1 and just made it 5 days before I gave in to cookies - and the little candy bars at work. So far, so good today and I'd love to be able to do that for 21 days.

On the topic of peanut butter - I don't have issues with it - it's what I have the peanut butter on that's "bad."
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is gonna be hard cuz im a junkfood junkie..... but i love new challenges
  • ritas
    ritas Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in!!!:smile:
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I'll join, however, I am not giving up peanut butter. Peanut Butter has a lot of benefits and I need this in my diet. Sorry!
  • Go_Pokes
    Options
    bump! I'm in!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see the Sunday deadline. don't know if I'm in or out on the cghallenge, but I'll still do it on my own.
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Is (open) meaning for anyone or is this a club only type thing? I would love to do it. I need some motivation to get the scale moving. I'm also new to the MFP site. So I'm learning my way around.......

This challenge is open to everyone! :flowerforyou:

If you join past October 10 (today), it will be shorter than 21 days, because the challenge will close on October 31, but it is still open to all.
  • CMHug
    CMHug Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My friend and I do a monthly challenge-we offer up a food or type of food for the month, or create a goal. For example, we might give up fast food for the whole month, or add 5 minutes of interval work to our workout when we can workout together. So it's not always about depriving ourselves of something-it's also about upping our workouts so we get stronger and more fit.

Love this challenge-we may have to do it for out November challenge!

Thanks !