Options

Replies

• gettinghealthy777
    Options
    My dashboard
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I worked for a brief stint in a busy kitchen once and one of the cooks gave me a tiny meatball to eat which was delicious.

When I asked him what it was he showed me how to make one. He trapped a spider on the wall, held it by it's legs, and dipped it into the deep fat fryer.

Lovely !
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Uni, Amaebi, Beef Tongue and Brains, Habu, Rat, Tripe. Goat, Crickets.

I could go on and on. If I have the opportunity to try something I will.

When we go out to eat, I look for something I have never had before, while everyone else is looking for there favorites.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    a stale Cheerio that was covered in my toddler's spit & snot that he shoved in my mouth before I could stop him

DING DING DING DING DING.... WE HAVE A WINNER!

Seriously this made me snort I laughed so loud!

:drinker:

Ice
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I forgot to shake up a capuccino slim fast once............don't make that mistake
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I bet if you ground up all the disgusting bits, covered them in breadcrumbs, deep fried them and sold them as McOffal, they'd be a big hit.
    Let's get those on the dollar value menu, STAT!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    stingray or mantaray in a stew is delicious! I made breaded tacos once with it and that was the BOMB!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have never & will never try this...but on a bet, my friend ate balut...balut is a fertilized duck embryo that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell. He kept it down long enough to collect the money; but it wasn't very long. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Pig brains. The flavor wasn't bad. The knowledge "there are brains in my mouth" made it hard to swallow.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    LOLing
    My dashboard
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I think once you cut the tongue out of the cow and remove the gross tastebuds and outer coating and get to the good meat inside, the cow probably isn't tasting anything. Still. I LOLed.
    One of the tastiest, most tender cuts on the cow. Obviously, once you remove the tough outer coating, with the taste buds. Love it.

I, for one, also dig some other Mexican delicacies that most in the US don't: pig intestines (cooked nice and crispy in tacos with hot salsa), chicharron (fried pig skins), and menudo. Menudo is not the eyeball soup from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It's a tasty stew with tripe that's cleaned and diced cow stomach lining, tasty when slow cooked to tender and not chewy.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Pre-vegetarian days I ate chicken feet. Not bad, but you have to watch for bones and eat them slowly. My husband is Chinese and they eat this sometimes.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    My last boyfriend was Chinese and we broke up partly because I was a vegetarian at the time.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think once you cut the tongue out of the cow and remove the gross tastebuds and outer coating and get to the good meat inside, the cow probably isn't tasting anything. Still. I LOLed.
    One of the tastiest, most tender cuts on the cow. Obviously, once you remove the tough outer coating, with the taste buds. Love it.

I, for one, also dig some other Mexican delicacies that most in the US don't: pig intestines (cooked nice and crispy in tacos with hot salsa), chicharron (fried pig skins), and menudo. Menudo is not the eyeball soup from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It's a tasty stew with tripe that's cleaned and diced cow stomach lining, tasty when slow cooked to tender and not chewy.

Ricky Martin was in Menudo.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yum! Cow's tongue makes awesome tacos! :)

I've had Rocky Mountain oysters (where i come from they're bull testicles); cow brains, hog head (my gramma used hog head to make tamales); rattlesnake; and of course organ meat (kidneys, heart, liver)

My dad didn't believe in wasting ANYTHING, (he was an avid hunter)
    It's sad how much is wasted, really. Americans are big babies. "Ewwww. I can't eat that! There's a bone in it."

Really? Did you just stereotype billions of people as if they were one. Nice! And not at all ridiculous.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options

Yep, I've enjoyed all of these as well. I love chicharron!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    Really? Did you just stereotype billions of people as if they were one. Nice! And not at all ridiculous.
    Oh, I'm sorry. Did I offend you. MOST Americans. There. Is that better?
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yum! Cow's tongue makes awesome tacos! :)

I've had Rocky Mountain oysters (where i come from they're bull testicles); cow brains, hog head (my gramma used hog head to make tamales); rattlesnake; and of course organ meat (kidneys, heart, liver)

My dad didn't believe in wasting ANYTHING, (he was an avid hunter)
    It's sad how much is wasted, really. Americans are big babies. "Ewwww. I can't eat that! There's a bone in it."

There are 'billions' of Americans now? When did this happen?
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i'm not an adventurous eater at all, i honest think squid rings or clams are probably the most adventurous thing i've eaten.

but i have to say this is 100% the best thread EVER if you have cravings and don't want to give into them, 10mins looking at this and you are definitely no longer hungry.