Big No..No at the Gym!!

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I usually have my makeup on from earlier in the day. But it doesn't last long once I start up! :laugh: My mascara tends to run down my face with the sweat.

My pet peeve is people smoking on campus while I'm trying to jog! Perfume is bad enough, but breathing someone else's cigarette smoke is brutal!:sick:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing girls with long hair at the gym and it not be put up- I know looking at them that they aren't gonna have a serious workout with their hair down and I am right- I just want to say stop coming here to try and look cute nobody cares and you look stupid and if your not going to workout get the hell off the machine-- :tongue:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    I did have a bad experience with and older lady smelling like urnine/nursing home one day. Unpleasant!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I hate when they do that, and when they wear makeup!:grumble:

Does it count if I only wear eyeliner and mascara? Ok, yes it's a little weird, but people ask me if I'm sick or tired if I don't. Nothing like a boost to the self esteem!

there is a lot of fun right there, tell them you 6 months to live or not I'm not sick I just need some more heroin :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options

Does it count if I only wear eyeliner and mascara? Ok, yes it's a little weird, but people ask me if I'm sick or tired if I don't. Nothing like a boost to the self esteem!

there is a lot of fun right there, tell them you 6 months to live or not I'm not sick I just need some more heroin :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL. Ignore the dark circles dude.. just need a fix... good one!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options

LOL. Ignore the dark circles dude.. just need a fix... good one!

O how about .............I not sure the doc said he ran every test but he/she is sure it's not contagist then sneeze
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing girls with long hair at the gym and it not be put up- I know looking at them that they aren't gonna have a serious workout with their hair down and I am right- I just want to say stop coming here to try and look cute nobody cares and you look stupid and if your not going to workout get the hell off the machine-- :tongue:

UGH I HATE it when I need a machine because it's super cold or pouring rain outside, and there are a bunch of idiots on them going at 1 RPM and no resistance leisurely reading a magazine! :angry: They're just in my way. The other day I scared two girls off the hyperextension machine. I walked away (I'm talking 10 feet) for a SECOND to get another weight, and I even left a weight on the pads and they took at and started to use it! With terrible form! I walked back over and said "Oh, my weight, thanks," and took it from the girl who was holding it. :devil:
  • 72lori
    Options

UGH I HATE it when I need a machine because it's super cold or pouring rain outside, and there are a bunch of idiots on them going at 1 RPM and no resistance leisurely reading a magazine! :angry: They're just in my way. The other day I scared two girls off the hyperextension machine. I walked away (I'm talking 10 feet) for a SECOND to get another weight, and I even left a weight on the pads and they took at and started to use it! With terrible form! I walked back over and said "Oh, my weight, thanks," and took it from the girl who was holding it. :devil:

I don't get how people read on any machine. First off I would get sick, secondly, how can you really be working out?

The hair. Mine isn't even that long and if I don't attempt to pull it up it is soaked and if I shook it would be like a wet dog! I was stupid enough to find that out the hard way last week.

I hate fighting for space at the gym. I go early and spend my time in 'manland' (what I call the free weights since I usually am the only one of my type there) to avoid the magazine reading Barbie moms.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I simply don't like perfumes/cologne because I'm allergic to them, so that would bug me anywhere...

but somewhere you're supposed to be huffing and puffing, definitely not a good idea. you breathe it in even more.

I've noticed that a lot of young guys practically drown themselves in their cologne. it's annoying.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I don't get how people read on any machine. First off I would get sick, secondly, how can you really be working out?

The hair. Mine isn't even that long and if I don't attempt to pull it up it is soaked and if I shook it would be like a wet dog! I was stupid enough to find that out the hard way last week.

I hate fighting for space at the gym. I go early and spend my time in 'manland' (what I call the free weights since I usually am the only one of my type there) to avoid the magazine reading Barbie moms.

I call that the Man's grunt room- it is loaded with Men- I like to call it the Sweaty B*LLs room too lol my husband laughs cause as we finish cardio I say its time to go in the Sweaty B*LLs room- I dont know how people read either I would get a headache - One of my fitness mags said if you read while working out your not working out hard enough-
  • decca
    decca Posts: 8
    Options
    How about people who sing while working out?? I don't think they realize how loud they are because they are listening to their ipod.

Kinda funny!!:laugh: but also annoying:grumble:

I TOTALLY agree. There's a guy at our gym who sings LOUDLY while jogging around the track. I refuse to believe he's not aware of what he's doing. Inevitably people who sing along to their iPods do it loudly and out of tune - nobody sounds good when they're singing to those things. With they guy at our gym, it really depends on the day. Most days I just chuckle, make eye contact with someone near me and we shake our heads in mutual amused/annoyed commiseration. On a bad day, I have to find an area where I can't hear him or turn my own iPod up even louder (not good for the eardrums, but what are you gonna do). But, yeah, singing while working out - not a good look in my book.
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    I rather smell perfume/cologne rather than nasty body odor- Last night I was at the gym hopped on the elliptical and started my cardio I started smelling something but didn't think nothing of it- then it started getting stronger and stronger- so I started to wonder is it me so I smelled myself and it wasnt me but then I looked to the right of me and the smell got stronger it was the lady next to me and WOW :noway: - I believe the stench was coming from her hair and it got stronger as she sweat more I wanted to puke :sick: - I couldn't get off the elliptical because I was already half way into my workout plus all the other machines were taken it was brutal-- lol..
    And some people wonder why I do all my workouts at home... YIKES! :laugh:
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    It's too hard to hold in a fart while on the elliptical! :tongue:
    Ok, the visual for that almost made me choke on my water... lol. So, this is from pratical experience, or has a study been done..? :wink:

This thread is absolutely hilarious... and man, do I need a laugh tonite... :laugh:
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    That does not bug me as much as when the Gym employees have pizza while I am there working out. OMG the smell of pizza... the smell lingering all throughout the gym ***drool*** Yeah its a tad bit distracting
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I use to have a guy come talk to me every workout it pis*edme off so the last time he walked up to me I walked away
    Johnblake, you made me cringe. In real life?! Wow, I might be a little blunt on the message boards, but in real life I'm a total wuss. If someone comes up to talk (that annoying type of talk) I just smile and listen. It kills my husband, but I just don't have the nerve to walk away from someone like that. I mean, maybe they're lonely...:laugh:
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    That does not bug me as much as when the Gym employees have pizza while I am there working out. OMG the smell of pizza... the smell lingering all throughout the gym ***drool*** Yeah its a tad bit distracting

wow. seriously? don't they have break rooms for that kinda thing? lol or at least eat it elsewhere.
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Ugh! That gets to me too because heavy perfume will trigger migraines for me.

Another one is I keep getting behind this woman (I'll call her black/seafoam green spandex), and she is on the machine in front of me and always seems to pass gas! :sick:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!! NO WAY! :sick: :noway:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Ok, how about people wearing 4-5 chains around their neck when their working out, i don't get that, they can't take them off, especially men, that makes me go :huh: !!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I work out in our gym at work during the week and our rec center on Saturdays (some Sundays).

At work, the gym is tiny (two treadmills, one elliptical, one bike and a smith machine). There are a couple chicks that go at noon, a couple that go at 1, I go at 1:30 or 2, another comes in around 2:30, there are a couple guys that workout in the evening and sometimes I will come back around 6 when no one is there.

But, there's this one guy.... :indifferent: He's ALWAYS in there after 3 p.m. I've had to postpone my days sometimes till a 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. workout (we get off work at 5), and he'll be hanging out in the locker room, come out, lift a few weights, go back in the locker room for a long time, come back out, mess with the treadmill (I don't think he knows how to work it), walk for a while, go back in the locker room... :huh: He's just weird.

I have noticed, though, within the past few weeks, attendance at the gym and work AND the rec center has spiraled down dramatically! Three weeks ago on Saturday at the rec, every machine would be taken. Last Saturday, there were three of us in the entire room! It was wonderful. :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Haha I wear Secret deodorant... um "Secret" brand, not...

Well, you get what I'm saying.

Anyway, it smells SO GOOD, but I imagine that the more that I sweat, probably the more that it smells. (It's a lavendar scent, which I usually hate, but in this deodorant I love it!) I thought about if the smell bothers anyone else, but then I realized that I don't really care. :laugh: Personally, I'd much rather smell deodorant or perfume than body odor--I have a REALLY weak stomach, and really bad smells and gross things make me vomit.

Honestly, the time that I'm at the gym, it's all old people. I go during the day while my husband sleeps (he works third shift) and the kids are napping, so it's nearly all oldies there.

As for hair being up, I've forgotten when I was in a rush before to put my *short* hair up in pigtails or a really short (and probably stupid-looking) ponytail, and I can't stand that. I sweat from my head--if my hair isn't up, it itches the heck out of my neck. How could anyone work out without their hair off their necks?