What keeps you motivated on the bad days?

Options

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    the bad day itself.
    If I'm having a sh** day, I want to go take out some agression.

I find motivation in my day to day life too.
    Either in some idiot at the gym who looks like they lift, but doesn't bench more than 120 pounds.
    Or in someone at work who pisses me off.
    Or a friend who is making progress. (I'm competitive)
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Ypur lookin fantastic! well done! too right your ex should do a double take when he passes you! keep it up!! :smile:
    Why thank you. She will definitely be jealous the next time I run into her.
  • Sookie_182
    Sookie_182 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    the bad day itself.
    If I'm having a sh** day, I want to go take out some agression.

I find motivation in my day to day life too.
    Either in some idiot at the gym who looks like they lift, but doesn't bench more than 120 pounds.
    Or in someone at work who pisses me off.
    Or a friend who is making progress. (I'm competitive)

haha yea Im so so so competitive it def a big way ta motivate myself!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sounds so lame buuuttt I have my computer screen at work lined with sticky notes of quotes like
    "Discipline is remembering what you want"
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"
    "Quitting is NOT an option"

You know those kinda quotes.. then of course I go and read everyone's success stories and that usually gets me out of my funk. Sometimes I wish I just had someone to slap me in the face though lol
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Sounds so lame buuuttt I have my computer screen at work lined with sticky notes of quotes like

You know those kinda quotes.. then of course I go and read everyone's success stories and that usually gets me out of my funk. Sometimes I wish I just had someone to slap me in the face though lol
    Hey I don't allow violence on my posts ;)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Making plans good treats a week in advance. Like, I may want one now, but I have a really good one already planned in the future, so I can skip a lousy one today. So, no mediocre hoagie now, because I have planned at outing for the best hoagie in the city on Tuesaday.

This only works if the best hoagie is not on your corner. They just opened a branch of my favorite shop down the block.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Hey I don't allow violence on my posts ;)

:bigsmile: hahaha ok I will take rubbing it in an ex's face then... I CAN"T WAIT till I can do that!!! :drinker:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options

:bigsmile: hahaha ok I will take rubbing it in an ex's face then... I CAN"T WAIT till I can do that!!! :drinker:

Ha ha! We will have our revenge!
  • izzyissy
    izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just started and I've lost 5lbs already, but I need a lot of motivation because my family loves to celebrate the HOLIDAYS! I know it's going to be so so hard for me. My birthday is in November. Thanksgiving is in November. And then Christmas. I am not making excuses, but I know me. I am just going to try and work out even harder in these months. Anyone else think they might have this problem too. If so, please tell me what your going to do....Thanks
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    I just started and I've lost 5lbs already, but I need a lot of motivation because my family loves to celebrate the HOLIDAYS! I know it's going to be so so hard for me. My birthday is in November. Thanksgiving is in November. And then Christmas. I am not making excuses, but I know me. I am just going to try and work out even harder in these months. Anyone else think they might have this problem too. If so, please tell me what your going to do....Thanks
    Yeah, I know what you mean. My Mom is a southern cook and everything she makes has a pound of butter in it.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My AMAZING MFP Family.... They are Pretty Awesome "Just sayin":wink:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Looking at your signature line motivates me to do better
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. bad days are bad days. the only hope I've got is:- :ohwell: tomorrow is another day.

yeh, after I've had this chocolate bar sermuthered in cream. with this full-on large capicino.:drinker:

what's for dinner?:devil:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Nothing really. bad days are bad days. the only hope I've got is:- :ohwell: tomorrow is another day.

yeh, after I've had this chocolate bar sermuthered in cream. with this full-on large capicino.:drinker:

what's for dinner?:devil:

My question had more to do with a lack of motivation. There are several times I go to the gym and I'm just not feeling it. Could be because of a bad day at work, something my son said or some other personal issue. What helps you get over the hump?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean. My Mom is a southern cook and everything she makes has a pound of butter in it.

My grandmother used to cook with pure lard. She kept a whole bucket of it in the fridge and would cook green beans with a huge ham hock. Everything tasted amazing though :) I miss her cornbread.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Yeah it does taste amazing. That's the problem :)

My grandmother used to cook with pure lard. She kept a whole bucket of it in the fridge and would cook green beans with a huge ham hock. Everything tasted amazing though :) I miss her cornbread.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yeah it does taste amazing. That's the problem :)

Thing is that she lived to be 79 and was about 115 lbs her whole life too.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options

Thing is that she lived to be 79 and was about 115 lbs her whole life too.

Geesh!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Looking at your signature line motivates me to do better

Thanks Sweetie... Love that!!!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    When I don't feel like exercising, I just tell myself to give it my ALL for 10 minutes and then if I still don't feel up to it I can stop. I've never had to stop. :happy: