SNACKS...I need SNACKS!!!!

Options

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I eat wheat thins with hummus for my snacks usually. Sometimes I have baby carrots with hummus. So tasty!
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    dill pickle spear with turkey wrapped around it, so good!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    dill pickle spear with turkey wrapped around it, so good!

OOOWWW That sounds goood1
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    APPLES OR I TAKE BROCCOLI AND DRIZZLE OLIVE OIL AND A LITTLE SEA SALT ON IT AND PLACE IN OVEN AT 400 DEGREES UNTIL THEY ARE CRISPY.. THEN I LET THEM COOL A LITTLE AND THEY ARE YUMMY DIPPED IN GARLIC HUMMUS!!!!!!!
  • TotallyYoga
    Options
    I am glad I was helpful! I am putting it mildly when saying I am slightly obsessed with Wasa. If anyone is interested, the Wasa Twitter handle will be starting product giveaways tomorrow. It would be a great way to get a delicious, healthy snack for free!

Check them out: @Wasa_NA
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pickled onions and capers do it for me!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know this is a little sweet and carb heavy but I like Honey Wheat Pretzel Twists I take 5 of them out of a bag and depending on if I am craving sweet or savory, I measure out 1 Tablespoon of Nutella and dip them, or 1 tablespoon of natural Peanut Butter and dip them.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    carrots and celery and tomatoes dipped in plain Greek yogurt mixed in curry powder and honey.
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on multi grain cherrios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love the chickpea idea! Can't wait to try it.

@cedarhurst2006 - Do you know the macro info for your yummy granola?
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Roasted Chick peas
    1 can drained and rinsed well chickpeas
    1 baking sheet with wire rack layed on top
    a few tblsp EVOO
    salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper ( whatever spices you like)

toss chick peas in evoo and spices spread on wire rack and bake at 350 untill dry and crisp

Roast any veggies you like ( i loove cauliflower)
    toss veggies in EVOO and salt pepper garlic,
    roast at 350 for about 15-30 mins untill browned and then sprinkle with parmesean cheese
    (also works well if you slice turnip/potatoes or other root veggies REALLy thinly and roast to make a chip
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Roasted Chick peas
    1 can drained and rinsed well chickpeas
    1 baking sheet with wire rack layed on top
    a few tblsp EVOO
    salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper ( whatever spices you like)

toss chick peas in evoo and spices spread on wire rack and bake at 350 untill dry and crisp

Roast any veggies you like ( i loove cauliflower)
    toss veggies in EVOO and salt pepper garlic,
    roast at 350 for about 15-30 mins untill browned and then sprinkle with parmesean cheese
    (also works well if you slice turnip/potatoes or other root veggies REALLy thinly and roast to make a chip

This is amazing! YOU ROCK!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Roasted Chickpeas!

Take a can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drain and rinse very well. Pat dry with a paper towel.

Toss with 1T Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and whatever spices you like (chili powder, curry, cinnamon, whatever floats your boat).

Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes until they're crunchy.

These are good as snacks, or as "croutons" on a salad.

that sounds bloody awesome...i'm so going to try this!

Made these tonight! They were awesome...thank-you for the recipe
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Roasted Chickpeas!

Take a can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drain and rinse very well. Pat dry with a paper towel.

Toss with 1T Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and whatever spices you like (chili powder, curry, cinnamon, whatever floats your boat).

Will definately be doing this... I have done it before with cauliflower... never thought of chickpeas.
  • brigitte101
    Options
    its nuts, but im addicted to roasted broccoli & smashed garlic. Its even good the next day cold.
  • kate8085
    Options
    You can use pepperoni or turkey pepperoni. Slice a low fat mozz stick and slice it up. Place the cheese slices on the pepperoni and zap in the microwave until the pepperoni is crispy and the cheese is melted. I usually add red pepper for some spice, and if I am having a major craving, I will dip them in some marinara sauce. Hope this helps!
  • cindywhitney
    cindywhitney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been OBSESSED with Baked kale Chips!!!! I buy the bag of fresh Kale from Trader joes that's already torn (but still remove some of the thicker veins) use about 1/3 of the bag, toss with olive oil and a little sea salt and bake @350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Check to see if it's all crispy, but not burnt....I love them! Definitely helps that need for the crunchy stuff!
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    kale chips. yum yum
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Roasted Chickpeas!

Bump, love my snacks and need to find this tomorrow!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I have been OBSESSED with Baked kale Chips!!!! I buy the bag of fresh Kale from Trader joes that's already torn (but still remove some of the thicker veins) use about 1/3 of the bag, toss with olive oil and a little sea salt and bake @350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Check to see if it's all crispy, but not burnt....I love them! Definitely helps that need for the crunchy stuff!

This doesn't taste anything like seaweed crips does it? I tried that at Trader Joes and it took four hours to get the tsast of dead fish out of my mouth! UCK!