Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is there something you just WON'T give up?

Replies

• I don't believe you have to give up anything - just have it smarter and in moderation....

This :-)
  • Cherry coke. I used to have two 500 ml bottles a day now cut back to two a week. Hoping to cut it out all together!
  • wackynunu
    wackynunu Posts: 103
    Caffeine
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Steak and Baked Hot Cheetos.

I tried dropping the cheetos... ended up eating a whole bag the next week in one sitting so I decided to keep them in my diet but in smaller servings.

Who doesn't love a good steak?! ... I think I'll get one today.
  • My favourite spoon and NUTELLA! NEVER! Nutella till I die!!!!
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    My McDonald's Large Triple Triple! :heart:
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    I have given-up EveryThing! But... I will not & cannot give-up...Fried Catfish (Nope)

Hey, its Fish. :wink:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    I didnt give up anything . However I cut back my soda intake to only with vodka or rum. BUT if anyone touches my coffee heads will roll:mad: ........ I'm of the caffiene generation and its the only place I get it from now :drinker:
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    crisps.

WHY ARE THEY SO DELICIOUS!?!?! They are my weakness.
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Coffee, 1 Tablespoon liquid creamer and 2 teaspoons of sugar. I just can't give it up! I drink one cup every day.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    So far, I haven't given anything up. I don't eat pizza as much anymore and when I do I use whole wheat tortilla and fresh veggies with tomato paste and slap it in my toaster over. YUM!! And it really cures any type of cheesy craving I have. The wine and beer are slowing my weight loss, but not stopping it. I just try to be prepared for the day and if I want something that is REALLY bad for me, I find a healthier way to make it and eat a smaller portion. (that part is like a challenge to me)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    The only thing I am not willing to give up to get to my goal weight by summer is my health. But like many of you have said, I haven't had to give up anything yet, on the contrary, there has been more, more water, more exercise and more room in my clothes.:happy:
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Nothing. Flexible dieting + moderation = success. I eat everything and anything I want.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Mexican food. Never ever.
    Cheese.
    The occasional pizza.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Similar to a lot of other people, I'm working on the idea that you can have anything in small dosses, and that it is all about moderation. I really want to make a lifestyle CHANGE and not just diet for 3 months then stop, so i give myself a lot of lieniencies but i can also be very tough. i know i wont make it if i try and cut everything out, i'll just gorge on it later. That being said there are some things i have completely givn up , and i dont mind. Non-diet soft drink is one, i really dont notice the taste diference and the empty calories just make me cringe so i gladl gave that up. McDonald's is another - i get cravings but i learnt in the past if i eat healthy for more than a week and then have maccas i get intense stomach pains, and now that its been MONTHS all i have to do to fight off maccas cravings is think of the pain. i also swapped the margarine i use to CAKE on to things for some lighter stuff, its made a HUGE difference, and the taste is the same.
    What i will NOT give up is chocolate. I use to eat at least two snack sized choc a day. Now i have choc MAYBE once every 1 - 2 weeks. but no way will i give it up.
    tried giving up chips and then fell off the wagon a bit and gorged on them, so im being more lieniant with them now.
    full cream milk in my tea and cereal - i havent given skim milk a try but i just dont want to. i dont have THAT much milk for it to make a BIG difference and i always use to hate skim milk. BUT if i get gloria jeans i hav skim milk taste the same and a little less calories.
    Sorry for my rambling, i havent had anyone to talk to about all this and im excited to have forums :)
  • Watching this video should help you stop eating those nuggets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Coffee with heavy whipping cream. Mmmmm...
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    I haven't really given up anything to the extreme of cutting it out completely. I did stop planning Buffalo wing night every Wednesday though... but everything in moderation I say!

Alcohol, especially wine, will never not be a part of my (almost daily) life. When you date a wine maker, you have no choice!
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    I'm eating everything in more reasonable portions and some things not as often. I will say chocolate will ALWAYS exist in my world.:laugh:
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Im not giving up my glass of red wine each night!!!!