Do you log EVERYTHING?

Options
I don't. Whoops. For example I often don't log in lattes, so when I'm under my calorie intake at the end of the day I know I'm probably ON my calorie intake :P LOL What about you guys?

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Everything!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    If you put it in your mouth, put it in your diary. All the little extras you don't log add up.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    YEP. Every good, bad, or embarrassing bite or swallow.....
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I dont log like gum and stuff like that..lol but otherwise everything
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Not zero calorie things or super low cal things like gum.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Everything. Even water.

After lunch, I was putting food away in the cupboard and I saw a can of cashews. I told myself that I would just have a couple. I was able to stop myself after 7 or 8. When I went to log it, it was 135 calories! Even a seemingly small amount of something can make a difference.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really do you any good if you don't log everything
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    In general you should log everything.
    Lattes can have a lot of calories.
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    sometimes ill have bites of things like of cereal or sips of milk , ill just put it in quick add calories
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Everything. I treat it like a game, if I'm under at the end of the day, I win.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    bump
  • amaion17
    amaion17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    everything that has calories, unless i take one bite of something, i LOG IT! if your gonna track your cals, or diet, you should do your best to get the best result. its for your health.
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i log everything some times i dont add chewing gum unless i eat more than two they are like 2 cals each.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes not log a restaurant dinner if I know I'm well within my goal for the day after eating the rest of my meals. If you eat anywhere besides a chain restaurant, you're not going to get an accurate calorie count for whatever you do eat, so I don't find that it serves a purpose to guess at that point just to complete my diary for the day.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    YES. Because if you dont, then you are lying to yourself and continue to be in denial
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    I log everything I eat and drink and all the exercise that I do.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When I log (which I'm not right now because I'm pregnant and am naturally eating at my maintenance amount) I make sure i log everything. Sure, I may have a bit of my kids' snacks once or twice a week but when I'm trying to lose I make sure not to stray from the foods I've planned. (I plan a day or two ahead.) And, when I'm losing and logging I find I don't want to stray, I want to be making my goals.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    everything. i don't care if i go over, and i do, but i must log it. even my multi vitamin. the reason i don't worry too much, is because i know what my maintenance calories are, and as long as i don't go over that, i'm good to go. however i try to come as close to the goal as possible, and if i'm going to go really over, i throw in a work out.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything. I would definately log lattes, they can be really high in calories! If I lick a spoon cooking or something like that, I don't log it.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    All of it. Remember, the cals on the foods you eat are only averages, and are not 100% accurate. They may be higher, or lower. The same goes for cals burned with exercise. So the more accurate your diary, the better off you will be.