p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Okay so I started week 2 last night, Chest & Back/ARX. Last week I was not sore at all. I started with the 30 lb band, then switched to the 40 lb band but still nothing. Last night I did everything on the pull up bar. I had to use the back of the chair for support but I felt great doing it. Today I can feel some soreness in my back and I'm thrilled.

I have Insanity tonight (I'm doing the hybrid). I was going to run at the gym today but I really feel pooped from last nights workout. Not sure if I should pull a double workout today.

Listen to your body. Rest and Recovery are very important.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I also gained wt the 1st week....went up 1.2lbs...hoping it come right back off though!!
    Plyo for me tonight!!!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Nice!! I feel alot stronger than week 1 but I think I will do my ripped in 30 again I think I can handle it if not I'll just stop right!! And I desided to just weight myself on day30,60 and 90 see how that goes!!
  • abby459
    Options
    Plyo attempted today.....only made it 35mins through, but I guess thats better then nothing? I had worked a 14 hour day and was exhausted and have been having some stomach trouble again, which makes working out very uncomfortable right now...but I did my best!!
    Tomorrow is supposed to be a run day for me....we'll see how I feel
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I had Shoulders&arms today. I also added a short 3 mile run, 6 miles of walking and an Insanity workout to my day. What can I say, I took the day off of work and enjoyed it!

Wow!! You're an animal!! Maybe one day I'll be able to manage a day like that ... without collapsing into a puddle of sweat and dying!

My week has started off alright! Chest and Back today - bringing it! Getting stronger - slowly but surely!

Loving the P90X journey! :)

GREAT JOB! We all go at our own pace. You are doing it and that equals success! Keep it up! :)
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Do you have a schedule? If not you can find the classic schedule at
    http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/

I recommend getting at least some bands. Most the toning workouts require weights, bands or pull up bar. :)

Ah, thank you. No - the person who sent me their DVDs didn't send anything but DVD's. Appreciate the link to the schedule. I've got the bands & bar ordered, but it's not due to be delivered til Friday. Did the prefitness stuff tonight on my profile. Funny how some of them are easy and others I can barely do any. (I've never in my life done a pull-up so even without a bar I'm certain I can safely put ZERO for that one *lol*) Upper body strength has always been my weak point.

You're welcome! Where did you order the bands and bar from? That is one of the reasons I started p90x for upper body strength and to get myself back into lifting. SO happy I did it! I LOVE the beachbody workouts! Can't wait to hear how you do! :)
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Plyo attempted today.....only made it 35mins through, but I guess thats better then nothing? I had worked a 14 hour day and was exhausted and have been having some stomach trouble again, which makes working out very uncomfortable right now...but I did my best!!
    Tomorrow is supposed to be a run day for me....we'll see how I feel

Abby you are doing a great job! Keep up the great work! :)
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Plyo seemed harder the second time around - I think it's because my legs are still killing me from Legs and Back / Kenpo. Wowza! I never realized how steep my steps were... lol

Any other women gain weight during the first week? I'm hoping it's just water retention in my muscles (because they were really sore) but it was still a bummer...

I did Plyo last night as well, I think its actually getting a little easier for me to complete this one. I too struggled with sore muscles (especially knees) after Plyo and all the workouts but adding a recovery drink post-workout really diminished the soreness the next day. If it starts to affect your workouts you might want to think about adding one to see how it helps you.

What recovery shake do you use?

Team Beachbody has a great recovery drink! If you or any of the p90x challenge peeps are interested let me know and I can send you some info on where to get it!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Hi p90x-ers! GREAT job! I'm proud of you all! I have to admit, I get excited everyday to log on to hear how you all are doing.

I realize some of you are getting frustrated with weight gain over the 1st few weeks. I can't stress enough about measuring! PLEASE measure. I gained 6lbs during my 1st round of p90x. I decided to measure at week 3 because of a weight gain. I ended up taking off 1 inch in my legs, 3/4 inch in my arms, 1/2 around my tummy and a little over an inch around my hips. I went down more than a pant size. PLEASE don't get discouraged by the scale. I wish I would of measure sooner to know what my real results were, but oh well! I was pleased with the fact my clothes fit better. That says more than the number on the scale! :happy:

I also wanted to throw out a reminder that I am a Team Beach Body coach if any of you are ever interested in any Beachbody workouts, equipment, supplements or Shakeology PLEASE contact me 1st so I can help you with the ordering process!

AND.....
    One more reminder of what are we going to do!!!!!
    MEASURE! MEASURE! MEASURE! MEASURE! :tongue:
    KEEP PUSHING PLAY, DRINK YOUR WATER and BRING IT!!!!!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2! Did shoulders and arms yesterday... And at abripper I was able to do the last exercise 30x!! Super happy about that! Today is plyo and I might even get my partner to join in on his day off!!
  • abby459
    Options
    I was supposed to run today, but due to my bad GI issues, I didnt think my stomach could handle the bouncing around!! So I switched up some days in my schedule and did Arms/SHoulders and Ab Ripper.....I did the whole workout with 8lb weights.....I definately need to up my weight on a few move but the next set I have start at 20lbs!! Too big of a jump up for me....I need some 12lb ones I think....I guess I need to buy a few more items!!!
  • Puddle4
    Puddle4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi p90x-ers! GREAT job! I'm proud of you all! I have to admit, I get excited everyday to log on to hear how you all are doing.

I realize some of you are getting frustrated with weight gain over the 1st few weeks. I can't stress enough about measuring! PLEASE measure. I gained 6lbs during my 1st round of p90x. I decided to measure at week 3 because of a weight gain. I ended up taking off 1 inch in my legs, 3/4 inch in my arms, 1/2 around my tummy and a little over an inch around my hips. I went down more than a pant size. PLEASE don't get discouraged by the scale. I wish I would of measure sooner to know what my real results were, but oh well! I was pleased with the fact my clothes fit better. That says more than the number on the scale! :happy:

I'm really glad you confirmed this for me. I was very surprised I wasn't losing weight as quickly as I had in the past with just dieting, especially now that I have reduced my caloric intake as well as working out. I took out the tape measure, and its making me think that I measured incorrectly the first time because everything was at least a half inch smaller! Everyone keep it up!
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Want to emphasize Kelly's point about the weight gain. Remember, we're building muscle, which is heavier than fat but also more compact. We just need to relax and be patient. A lot of the real gains won't manifest themselves until Phase Three. But the gains WILL come! Oh, and I'm also a Beachbody coach. Between the two of us, we should be able to find answers to whatever questions come up. I'm a relative newbie, but there's a whole community behind us.

I did legs and shoulders today - and ARX. I very much agree with those who find Plyo and ARX to be the most difficult routines. I just don't think I have an ab in my body! I'm hoping to find one by the end of the 90 days! In the meantime, I'm just doing the best I can. I do keep trying.

How's everyone else doing? Keep on pushing-play and Bring It!
  • Meli_fitness
    Options
    hello, I have a quick question, how do you log your p90x workouts on here, I typed in "p90x" but no results were found...
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    hello, I have a quick question, how do you log your p90x workouts on here, I typed in "p90x" but no results were found...

Some members use HRM and manually log their workouts. I add mine under aerobics. I'm going to start using my Body Bugg again to get a more accurate reading on my burns. Kelly :)
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I hope you all had a great workout today! I was feeling a bit worn out today. I have been pushing it hard the past few days with my running, walking and other workouts. I actually came home form work and took a short nap :wink: It felt GREAT!
    I got in my p90x Chest&Back workout and of course my hubby and puppy walk time after dinner! :heart:
    Tomorrow is my 7 mile run day. :happy:
    Can't wait to hear more about how you are BRINGING IT! Have a fantastic night and an even better Thursday XOX Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Happy Thursday. Hope you all are doing great.

I was reminded the last few nights why I do this - I want to show my daughter how to lead a healthy lifestyle with me leading as an example. She is almost 15 months old, but she is at that point where she wants to eat off of my plate. She tried some salmon with grilled veggies the other night and salad last night. :happy: I just hope that she continues to eat off of my plate so I can stay motivated to keep eating healthy.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! I wanted to do plyo last night but after I put the kids to bed I went to bed at 7pm and slept through til this morning. I must have needed some sleep. I did plyo after I put my baby down for his nap and I did great! I was sweating like crazy but I actually almost did the rockstar jumps a lot better than last time! I am so pleased that I have improved! Another workout -and abripper after dinner later. Yay!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So I was bad and totally skipped Yoga X last night (but I got up early to do legs and back, ARX!)

And now, I feel guilty! lol. I'm thinking of sticking it into my scheduled day off...
  • Gemsmommy2010
    Options
    Half way through week 3 - Yoga X tonight! Enjoying the process!! Feeling stronger and enjoying seeing little improvements as I go along - shoulders and arms was great last night! :)