Share seven weird things about you!

Options
After the "does that make me crazy" post, this may be redundant. :laugh: BUT it doesn't have to be a weird habit... it can be a weird job, something totally nuts that happened to you, a unique medical condition, a body contortion, etc. You MUST name seven things :happy: and they all must be true.

I'll list mine in just a moment. :smile:

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    After the "does that make me crazy" post, this may be redundant. :laugh: BUT it doesn't have to be a weird habit... it can be a weird job, something totally nuts that happened to you, a unique medical condition, a body contortion, etc. You MUST name seven things :happy: and they all must be true.

I'll list mine in just a moment. :smile:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    1. i can twist my baby finger all the way around to touch its own knuckle
    2. i can say the alphabet backwards in less than 10 seconds
    3. I have 3 baby teeth that never fell out...they have no big teeth behind them....
    4. I am terrified of rabbits:indifferent:
    5. I :heart: chocolate
    6. i can catch a fly with my hand(without squishing it)
    7. I can fall asleep almost anywhere...
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    LOL
    Ok, I am way too 'normal' for this post

When I eat ravioli...I eat them dry and open the ravioli and eat all the cheese first (after I pile it up) then the pasta

Kim
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    1. I was once trapped inside of an ATM, with my husband, for over an hour. It wasn't inside of the machine, it was in one of those 'open 24 hours' kinds. We went to the ATM late, and there was a garbage can in the doorway. This isn't safe, because the ATM is designed so that you need to use your card to access the area, to avoid getting mugged. So I, genius that I am, took the trash can out of the doorway. Apparently the can was there because the inside lock was not working properly, and locked us in. There was a phone in there, and I eventually figured out a way to get an outside line, and called my mom. She got there, I slide my card under the door to her and she swiped us out.

2. A weatherman on national TV called me a *kitten* for an email that I sent in asking him about all of the trips that he gets to go on. I asked if he gets to take his wife and family on his mini-vacations, and I guess that really pissed him off. If you watch, it was Mitch from The Daily Buzz... a show out of Orlando Florida.

3. I already mentioned this in the "crazy" thread, but I am a skilled lucid dreamer, meaning that I not only am aware that I am dreaming when I dream, but that I can control my dreams to do whatever I want in them. Imagine the Star Trek "holodeck". It's like that. :smile:

4. I was a phone psychic for a brief stint. It paid $11 per hour.

5. I used to be a telemarketer, and sold credit cards to people. I liked to screw with people when they were jerks, too.

6. I've only "technically" been to one concert in my life... it was for Big and Rich. But they were SO late arriving at the venue (about 90 minutes late) and wouldn't play, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" in the first few songs, so I left, pissed off.

7. When I was in sixth grade, I wrote a letter to Neil Patrick Harris, and got a postcard back for him in the summer between 8th and 9th grade, but it just had, "Best Wishes, Neil Patrick Harris", written on it.
  • HipsLipsMama
    Options
    haha! How fun. I dont know if i can think of 7 WEIRD things...but I'll try

1. i can bend my left pointer finger all the way back and touch my hand
    2. i love office/school supplies. I probably have 15 planners and a gazillion pens laying around.
    3. when i get excited or amped about something i have to do this weird high pitched squeal/laugh.
    4. i have 5 flat moles on my right forearm that look like a constellation
    5. i like to accessorize my hair :)
    6. i cant dance! .. at least not without embarrassing myself
    7. i love the smell of gasoline.

i guess i am pretty weird! someone put me in a labratory and study me! hahah

Have a great day everyone!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I had nine children with only one ovary and fallopian tube!

Beyond that, I'm with you Kim-- I'm way too normal for these threads--

Let's see-- uhhhhhh-- oh, yeah, I can cross one eye.

Ummmmmmm-- I waited on Lou Pinella in the bank one day, when I was a bank teller.

Uhhhhhh-- I saw Werner Klemperer (Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heroes) slurp his soup in a restaurant.

Hmmmmmm-- three more, huh? Let's see-- uhhhhhhh-- I have stretch marks in the shape of a menorah.

Aw heck-- I'm spent-- that's all I got, folks.
  • jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1. always eat my favorite foods last (BAD HABIT!!)
    2. never walk through grass - always walk on sidewalk
    3. can't relax until my house is at least straightened up
    4. petrified of vomit
    5. lived in CO for four years and never skiied
    6. hate the feeling of wet hair during the summer
    7. tear my food before eating it and eat most food (that can be eaten) with my fingers

This makes me realize I'm a tad OCD... Yikes! :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    O.K. - I'll have a run at this :laugh:

1. My ring finger and pinky on my left hand are double jointed - I think it's funny to gross people out with it! I don't understand why they think it's gross though :huh:
    2. I married a man whose last name is Flanagan, but he is Mexican!
    3. I work in the ag chemical business and have managed not to grow a third eye
    4. I have a weird sense of humor that a lot of people don't get, so I choose to just keep my mouth shut most of the time.
    5. I am inherantly shy, but sometimes overcompensate for it by being completely obnoxious!
    6. I don't generally take things personally or get offended easily, but get irritated to the nth degree by people who do take things personally and/or get offended easily.
    7. I got nuttin' for 7. May have to edit later! smiley-gen073.gif

Oh, oh 7. - I love Big & Rich and tend to blast their song "Save a Horse, ride a Cowboy" just to drive some people crazy! (yes, and I'm a christian and I still love that song! I'm also married to a cowboy so that should explain it :laugh: )
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    1. im suddenly single.
    2. he replaced me with a married woman
    3. i'm NOT mad,. . . YET
    4. I love this site
    5. I have the greatest daughter in the world. . . HORSE LOVER ! and talented too!!!
    6. my dream is to be thin (and healthy)
    7. my friends love me cuz I'm honest, sincere and geniune !!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    1. I need my coffee. you don't want to see me without it.
    2. My career is my hobby
    3. I can do the splits 3 ways
    4. I have a mole on my butt that my parents tried to wash off when I was a baby
    5. I only have one dimple. :smile:
    6. I started drinking energy drinks because they came in cute little cans... now its hard to come across those little 8 oz cans of anything!
    7. I can stand on the tips of my toes barefoot
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    1. I can flip my eyelids inside out.
    2. I once took off with a carnival and ran a game.
    3. I don't like maple syrup.
    4. I had a total hip replacement at the ripe old age of 32.
    5. I don't have or want cable TV.
    6. I don't have or want a microwave.
    7. I want to be a high-school English teacher!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    1. I don't own a TV and haven't really watched any in 10 years.
    2. I wipe the spoon with a napkin after I measure my tablespoon of olive oil before proceed to eating my salad to save on the calories (cos every drop of oil is loaded) :laugh:
    3. I went to Paris with my mum when I was 14 and our camera broke on top of the Eiffel tower. We bought a new camera in Paris and this one was stolen on my prom night. So I have no pictures neither from the Eiffel Tower, nor from my prom.. I am planning to visit Paris again after I lose half of the extra weight, so I'll take new pics there but prom night will never happen again :ohwell:
    4. I started smoking at the age of 11. (it's not even illegal in my country and most kids start very early, which is horrible) I was at my grandparents' village and all kids in the neighboorhood smoked so I decided to be 'hot' and smoke too. However, my smoking history only lasted 1 day because my grandmother caught me in the act right the same day. It hurt my kiddy conscience so deep I was unable to smoke ever again. Really lucked out on this one. :smile:
    5. My first kiss was in a small forest in the town of my other grandmother and guess what that day she went to look for me cos she was worried knowing I was out with this guy and caught me, too. :laugh:
    6. I am addicted to the smell of soap. I would buy new ones and pile them in my wardrobe just to open the box of each and be able to smell their aroma. :blushing:
    7. During my freshman year at university I changed my dwelling 5 times within about 2 months time and in 2 of these cases I was kicked out by my landlords because I was a bit wild at the time - the first place I made a party, the landlords were young and cool and joined us there but I drank too much and vomitted all over the place (I'm not sure how you clean red wine from a carpet) so they kicked me out next morning :laugh: . The second time I broke the door of my roommate's room (we shared one flat, different rooms) cos the beetch locked the gas stove inside after we had a general fight and I wanted to use it. She went ahead and told the landlords I was a psycho and they kicked me out the same evening, so I had to find somewhere to sleep overnight... :ohwell:

OMG, I wasn't sure if I can find 7 things and now I can go on... Does that make me crazy? :embarassed:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    1. I broke my tailbone on a 'date' in HS....at a Huddle House....at 2 am....:noway: because my brothers were there and wanted to dance to whatever song was on the Juke Box. While trying to get away from their horrendous dancing, I tripped over one's foot and fell FLAT on my butt! :sad: VERY painful!

2. I used to quad skate. :noway: :laugh: It's like regular roller skating but with a shorter boot and wider wheels that are set further apart.

3. I used to HATE country music - until my sister took me out line dancing - now I :heart: it!

4. I can make a 3 leaf clover shape out of my tongue. :tongue:

5. I spent 12 days in China in the summer of 2007. :glasses: I ate some QUITE INTERESTING food there.
    (During this trip - we also flew over the NORTH POLE and sang on the Great Wall of China!)

6. I'm never happier than when I'm on a stage and performing. :blushing:

7. I hate OKRA! :sick:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Man reading these I may have a boring life... But I will see what I come up with.
    1.) I love to sail, Though this might not seem odd, If you look at the amount of women that sail they are outnumbered by men. ALOT! IE Our cruisers club has 36 members. 6 of them are women.
    2.) I met Conway Twitty when his bus driver almost ran me over. Nicest man that I ever met. And a MUCH longer story then I can put here.
    3.) I have a golden Retriever that walks himself. Meaning that he HAS to hold his leash in his mouth when we go for a walk, and gets upset when you try to hold the other end.
    4.) I have saved two kids from drowning and I have never been a life guard.
    5.) My Manly Man went to school with Warren Buffets son. ( But that is a thing for him I think.)
    6.) I like to make up fun ways to walk farther each day.
    7.) Deathly afraid of heights. BUT I did skydive once. I thought I was going to die, and as interesting as it was... I will NOT be doing it ever again.
    WOW, I did get 7. Well with maybe the exception of one...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    1. I have a surgery scar on my right shoulder that has scared some people

2. I am claustrophobic and must be near a window or door that leads to outside at all times

3. I whistle almost constantly

4. I need to shake every can or bottle before I open it (iucky thing I quit soda and beer)

5. I tape reminder notes to myself everywhere and sometimes cant figure out what the heck they mean

6. I used to be a Jackson Browne groupie

7 The first time I did it, was in a garage
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they are all weird but...

1. I like to talk with an accent (Irish is one of my favs) and I suck at it.
    2. I'm double jointed in my knees and I sometimes fall out of nowhere.
    3. I can make my index finger talk like Tony the finger.
    4. I get really hyper when I'm excited and can't stop talking.
    5. I get really scared when watching a horror movie and I have to cover my eyes.
    6. I cannot eat soggy bread...I will vomit.
    7. I still love cartoons.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Let me see.........

1. My elbows are double jointed so they bend weird.
    2. My best friend in grade school nicknamed me "Veg" because I always told her she was fruit, and then my best friend in high school nicknamed me "E" because my name is Erin with an E and she says Elvis' nickname was E and his middle name was Aaron. (even I think that one is a little weird)
    3. I like the smell of nail polish remover, turpentine, and gasoline.
    4. When I was pregnant with my oldest, she sat on a nerve for a week that made my left foot stay numb for the whole week, and then I walked even funnier. No matter what I did, she wouldn't move!
    5. In a rebellious mood in high school, I went to a friend's house to spend the night and we pierced my left ear 6 times, and the right ear only twice.
    6. I can't stand it when my canned goods are out of place in my pantry, and I have to stop everything and fix them before I can move on. :noway: OCD anyone?
    7. I got bitten by a timber rattlesnake when I was 7 years old and by the time they figured out what was wrong with me they told my mom that my leg needed to be amputated. Mom refused and I ended up getting better after a stint in the Intensive Care Unit. Way to go Mom!