Strangest thing your pet does...

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my cat will meow for water, then when the bottle gets close to her dish she bats it away. she will let me put a drop in the bowl, take 15 minutes to lap it every so lady like, then meow for some more.

silly willy:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my cat will meow for water, then when the bottle gets close to her dish she bats it away. she will let me put a drop in the bowl, take 15 minutes to lap it every so lady like, then meow for some more.

you give your cat bottled water:huh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    DOUBLE POST!!!!!!!!
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    When I was in like 1st or 2nd grade we had a spider monkey named Harry. Harry had a severe dislike for my Aunt. This was back in the early 70's and my Aunt had a big fake hair bun that was surrounded by teased hair. When she came to visit she would make a point of going in to see Harry in my brother's room. Harry had a large cage that sat about 6.5 feet off the ground. Harry would wait until my Aunt turned her back and then quickly chew up lettuce and toss it in the back of her hair. On his really mischievious days he would pee in her hair. My Mother would get so embarrassed that she would shoosh us and motion for us to keep quiet. My poor Aunt nerver knew. She couldn't feel it through all the teased and fake hair.
  • Frost
    Options
    Garp (cat)- lost a leg in an accident and despite still being able to open a door outwards to sleep in the airing cupboard, and drag a rabbit carcass that was bigger than him (he was a small cat) through a window 6 feet up, decided he was unable to push open a light door, so would headbutt my bedroom door until I let him in to sleep on my bed. At 3am.

Pagan (cat)- will lick your eyelids to wake you up. Seen the cartoon Simon's Cat? Reminds me of her, and Garpy.

Enya (dog)- learnt left from right in an hour; learnt how to operate our pet-proof bin; shredded cat food tins and drained them of meat, without cutting herself.

Dee (horse)- equine version of myself. Need I say more? :laugh:

Henry (dog)- you couldn't leave a glass of wine or beer bottle on the floor around him. He'd drain it.

Petra (dog)- would run around our garden at top speed and fall over her back legs at every corner, yet still not break pace

:laugh: Must be very entertaining around your house :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

you give your cat bottled water:huh:

bwahaha so funny you posted it twice!!:laugh: :laugh:

:angry:

:laugh: No! My daughter brought home a cat, I am highly allergic-but love it anyway. My daughter keeps a bottle of water filled in her room to give the cat water.

I drank the good stuff, and refilled with tap water!:drinker: :drinker:
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My dog Hiro (see my profile photo)..He smiles at you when he is really excited to see you like when I come come or get out of the shower( for some strange reason). He shows his teeth(non-agressivly) and wiggles his whole long dachshund body. He also loves ice so goes nuts when anyone gets ice from the dispencer in the fridge.....he will sit on your lap and stare at your glass until you give him some.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    my cat plays fetch. he will bring his mousie up onto the bed, and when we throw it, he will bring it back until he is exhausted.
    he also gives kisses, to wake us up, but only when he wants breakfast. he sits right on your chest and licks your lips:smooched:
    he has figured out the connection between the laser pointer and that little red dot that always gets away, and when I pick it up, even before I turn it on, he starts meowing this crazy stuttering meow. r-r-r-r-r-r-r-ow!

my mom used to say a cat will suck out your soul when your sleeping,

must be true.......look at me:devil:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    one of my cats comes to the bathroom with me when I take a bath, and eats the bubbles, and sometimes tries to get into the tub with me.

my other cat opens the fridge himself and sometimes gets inside it, especially if it's hot in here.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Oh geez where do I start?

Parker-my dane/lab mix cannot be anywhere near me without touching me all the time. He also will pull the burrs out of one of the cat's fur.....the cat lays in front of him, he pulls on the burr, the cat actually comes up from the ground, the burr comes out, the cat falls to the ground, the dog spits out the burr and begins again. He also freaks out when I use the bread machine. When it starts out and does that whir, whir sound, he barks and barks until it stops. He also used to carry the burr cat around by the back of the neck like it was one of his babies until the cat got fat (20 lbs) and he couldn't lift him anymore.

Tommy-White long haired cat....he is the one that likes his burrs pulled and likes being carried around by Parker. He also wears clothes, hats, scarves, he even has a bathrob (build-a-bear). He also opens Doritos bags and eats the chips out, one at a time.

Gracie-She is a 15-year-old Jack Russell. She gets underneath Parker when they are playing and bites his legs. He is so tall he can't get to her. She also only comes to me when she wants anything. She has a blanket that has to be moved just so AND she snores really loud.

Dori-2 year old 10 pounds tiger cat LOVES it when you are mean to her. She will jump on the bed and hunch down and growl at you until you rub her REALLY hard on the back. She rolls over and over then starts again. We found her in a dumpster at the high school so I think she may have so toxic dumpster exposure :laugh:

I also have Lily (12-year-old yellow tiger cat), Lucky (8 year old 20 pound cat) and Evander (as in Holliefield since his ear was chewed up when we got him). Too many more weird things to talk about.
  • Frost
    Options
    one of my cats comes to the bathroom with me when I take a bath, and eats the bubbles, and sometimes tries to get into the tub with me.

my other cat opens the fridge himself and sometimes gets inside it, especially if it's hot in here.

EEEK! Both of those sound dangerous.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Our golden retriever, DJ likes to hold his leash in his mouth So it LOOKS like he is walking himself.
    He DOES not like it when we try to hold the other end.
    It is almost like he is telling us that he would rather walk himself thank you...
    BTW, He will NOT go for a walk without the leash. He HAS to have it in his mouth to go out walking.
    We did not train him to do this, this is just the way that he is.

BTW Our Mini Schnauzer has a pet duck... (Not a real duck mind you this is stuffed.) And he will carry this thing all over the place. It is only cute because the duck is bigger then he is. He also likes to surf the console of our cars. If he did not hate the water so much, i would see if he was willing to surf for real.
    --Diann...
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options

Too funny! :bigsmile: My dog used to jump into the shower with my when she was a puppy. Scared the $%#@ out of me the first time she did it.

My cat, Fnord, has also learned to open the refrigerator...he opens it, then the dog eats her fill :noway: . Such a loving, symbiotic relationship.
  • kerrilucko
    Options

EEEK! Both of those sound dangerous.

:laugh: nah, the bubbles are non toxic and I always catch her when she tries to get in. The fridge- ya, but it doesn't latch again when he opens it so he can still get out. I've caught him int here a couple times. It's very startling, you don't even see him at first because he's all white and blends in. You go to reach for the milk and there he is wrapped around it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    LOL Martini has fallen in the bathtub so many times!

He always walks around the ledge, and when he slips in, he jumps back out, and gives me the dirtiest look, as if I did it to him. But he never learns his lesson. He always tries to dip in his paw and touch my toes, and if he can't reach, that's when he falls in.
  • Frost
    Options
    My cat, Fnord, has also learned to open the refrigerator...he opens it, then the dog eats her fill :noway: . Such a loving, symbiotic relationship.

:laugh: My dogs would hire Fnord!
  • Frost
    Options
    [
    :laugh: nah, the bubbles are non toxic and I always catch her when she tries to get in. The fridge- ya, but it doesn't latch again when he opens it so he can still get out. I've caught him int here a couple times. It's very startling, you don't even see him at first because he's all white and blends in. You go to reach for the milk and there he is wrapped around it.

I was thinking dangerous to you in the bath not the cat! Claws and all!!!

You should take a picture of the fridge cat wrapped around the milk. That sounds adorable!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    [

I was thinking dangerous to you in the bath not the cat! Claws and all!!!

You should take a picture of the fridge cat wrapped around the milk. That sounds adorable!

:laugh: I would if it wasn't always a surprise. it's like huh, Brian must not have latched the fridge... reach inside, something furry.... geez buddy! get out of there. You know? LOL if I catch him and I think of it I will grab a camera next time.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My australian shepherd sucks on a blanket. I dont mean chew..............she suckles it using her paws like a baby nursing!!

It is the strangest, and most endearing thing to see. I think the person sold it to my son way too soon, like 4-5 weeks.

She is the sweetest baby, and I am very thankful to have her!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    My vet told me that when cats and dogs "nurse" on blankets etc..it is becuase they were taken from their Mom a bit too early,,,,dont know if it is true..........