Is there something you just WON'T give up?

Options

Replies

• directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    diet soda..I seriously have an addiction to it lol just because its 0 calories and tastes good.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm not giving up anything! I just eat it in moderation.
    But there is one thing I couldn't do without: Heinz Ketchup.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Someone tell me why I'm reading this thread half an hour before lunch. Say it with me, folks: "STOOOOOO-PID!"
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, especially wine, will never not be a part of my (almost daily) life. When you date a wine maker, you have no choice!

WOW! That would save me a lot of money!!! :laugh:
  • 2ndHalf
    2ndHalf Posts: 15
    Options
    Im not giving up my glass of red wine each night!!!!

Love it GiGi, neither am i!!!:happy:
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    Mini Eggs, love having these for a afternoon snack
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I agree with all the people saying you don't have to give up, it's about moderation. With that said: yesterday morning I made myself an egg white omelette and threw half of it away! I gotta have my yolks!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My Vita top muffins!

Wish I could find these!!

Walmart / Winn Dixie / Target / Whole Foods carries them. They are in the freezer section next to the frozen waffles, generally on the very top shelf.
  • ScarletKuriboh
    Options
    Coffee.

I know caffeine is not good for you, but quite frankly I would turn into a gremlin without it.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I actually did not give anything up when I joined MFP and during this journey where I reached my goal.

It's all about moderation, and logging every bite.

Experts say that denying yourself foods you love is actually counterproductive. Just have a little, log it, and move on. Life's too short.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

I know caffeine is not good for you, but quite frankly I would turn into a gremlin without it.

1 cup/day is actually excellent diabetes prevention and a great source of antioxidants. 1cup/day is a-okay.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ice cream, had some today ;)
    ^^ ice cream here too..
    i love me some ice cream.. :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Real Ranch Dressing!!!!

and what are Mini Eggs?
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Popcorn!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Craft beers and Chick-Fil-A
  • ScarletKuriboh
    Options
    Coffee.

1 cup/day is actually excellent diabetes prevention and a great source of antioxidants. 1cup/day is a-okay.

I drink at least 3..............lol
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts. Very very bad for me personally. But I lubs them.

I limit myself to twice a year now but at least I can still have them. ^_^
  • miam4nia
    miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    coffee and cigarettes...

i thought i wouldn't be able to give up cold stone cake batter ice cream but i don't even really crave that sort of stuff anymore!
    pizza...sometimes i feel like eating it but since i've started dieting i feel like i'd ruin all my efforts so far if i had a pizza!
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    As many other members have said it is about moderation not deprivation. If I can fit it in my daily calories, I enjoy. Yep, that includes dark beer (Guinness!) real mayo, real half and half and real sugar in my coffee. I even enjoy kettle chips with a sandwich once in a while, but it is a half a sandwich now instead of a whole and I actually eat one serving of chips (about 9) instead of the fistfuls that I used to enjoy.

Small quantities, less frequent indulgences. It's all good, it is your life, don't stop living it!
  • jodie0520
    jodie0520 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything either. All these other smart people are absolutely right: everything in moderation.

I suppose if I had to list one thing that will NEVER be swapped to low fat/fat free/etc, its ranch dressing. I actually prefer fat free italian to regular and a healthy vinaigrette is delicious, but if I'm in the mood for ranch dressing (or ranch dip), it HAS to be the real deal. I've found that I don't need as much to get the full effect, but if it's not the real stuff, don't even bother.