VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Officially lost 2.6 lbs...almost made it to 3. But I'm happy with my success!!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy weigh in to all the short ladies out there!

SW: 204.2 (this challenge)
    CW: 197.6
    GW: 125
    Lost: 6.6lbs.!!!!!!!!

I'm ready for the new challenge and can't wait to get started!
  • otranquility
    Options
    OoOoO this challenge is going to be a tough one for me!
    I barely get a minute to exercise but I NEED to find the time!!
    I am away from the 20th to the 27th but I will log in when I get back in the country!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I lost 5.8 lbs during the first challenge!! I am really excited, especially since my birthday was last weekend, and I definitely celebrated :bigsmile:

I am excited for the new challenge. I do great with my water during the week (usually 80-96 oz a day), but I tend to forget to drink it on the weekends. This challenge will be a great reminder to do that!!

Hope you all have a great Friday!!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs. (129 lbs. to 127 lbs.), but am happy with that.

I'm excited about the new challenge. Water won't be an issue for me since it's all that I drink, but I love being accountable for exercise. Thanks for all the work you all put into this! :)
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Excited by this new challenge. The exercise and water goals are minimum ones I have for myself already so it will be great to have more accountabilty.
    I am impressed by some of the weight loss I have seen on this thread. It has become challenging to lose weight now that I am near my goal weight.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    One challenge done. I'm ready for the next!!! Exercise has always been harder for me then just restricting calories...so it will be a challenge...BRING IT ON! :)

You totally smashed the last challenge!! You are the biggest loser so far!!!!!!! There are some that need to update, but so far, it's you babe!!!!
  • pinky04p
    Options
    Woohoo! I braved the scale yesterday and am now at 130.8! I was starting to get discouraged because I felt like nothing was happening! So excited!! I will definitely keep at it!!!
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge! I lost the link to the spreadsheet, can you repost it? We're moving in a week and a half so the exercise might be hard... guess I'll just have to get packing!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    I lost 5.4 lbs this challenge! WOO HOO!

I'm ready for the next challenge :)
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    woohooo! so excited to see everybody so excited for the next challenge! I agree with excersising being more work than restricting calories so this will definately be an awesome challenge!! =) Good luck everybody and have a great day!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Glad everyone is excited for the new challenge. Remember to update your information. In addition, make sure your information is correct. I noticed that when the spreadsheet was altered my information was incorrect. Please check it out and we'll see how much weight we lost as a group! Thanks!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I am just barely 5'1" and currently recovering from foot surgery. I will see what challenges I am able to participate in =)
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

It's been a busy few weeks so I haven't been around much. Still logged most of my food and exercised when I could.

I know the challenge ends today, but I'll update my weight for it when I weigh in first thing tomorrow AM. I'm hoping to have a little bit of loss this week. I've been pretty good with my calories and had some good workouts.

I'm excited for the next challenge. I have trouble drinking enough water - so I hope this motivates me to drink more. I have a question about water though - does coconut water, vitamin water and stuff like that count as water? I never know if I should log it or not.

Oh - and to piggy back on some of the other discussions, like others here I have a small dog (pekingese and shih tzu mix) and a tall soon to be hubby, he's right around 6' a full foot taller then me. In all of our pictures he's bending his head over mine.

And my personal information. I'm a full time student finishing my MBA. I'm done with classes in December and can't wait. Now comes the hard part of finding a J O B. Besides the dog, I also have 2 cats. And I'm getting married to my best friend, love of my life, and most amazing man next June.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    i'm a newbie- can i join in??

my name is joni, i'm 5'2 and have some weight to lose. i don't know how much yet- i only have another 3kgs (7lbs or so) until i hit my goal of 79.9kgs (176lbs). after that, it's all new territory to me!

i've lost about 50lbs or so, so far. and i am a runner- i'm running the auckland half marathon in 2 weeks time- gulp. i did a practice half a few weeks ago, but then my kids were really sick, i got it and ended up out of action for about 2 weeks. since then, i've lost my mojo in a big way. and now i have a stomach full of butterflies because i've got to run a frickin long way soon. so i need to get my fat *kitten* into gear again ;-). i'm hoping to do a long run tomorrow- i think that will get me back on track.

so some personal info- i'm 32, married to a 6'1 chap who is a house hubby and great dad to our 3 kids (aged 5, 3, and nearly 1). i work full time shifts as a nurse. we have 2 dogs- hungarian viszlas called Gus and Vee, and a cat called maggie. we're from the UK, but moved to new zealand 4 years ago to give our kids a better lifestyle- so far so good! we love it here.

so, hopefully this challenge will be just what is needed to give me a kick up the butt. and i so need to get better with drinking the water again- like i said i've almost got to start again from the beginning because 3 mojoless weeks have really got on top of me!

hope to get to know you ladies (and gents if there are any) soon.

joni
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm back from vacation! I haven't caught up with reading all the posts I missed but I will. Right now I'm just checking in with everything before I go frantic running around to prepare for our black tie event tonight. I didnt fit into my glorious size three but I do fit into my 6P so I'm happy.

I had a ton of fun on my vacation, snuck in a few drinks and ate 1500 calories on four of the days! Bad me but I still lost one pound. But I *also* just started TOM so maaaaybe I lost more with all the crazy hiking I did. That'll show up later I hope.

Grand total loss for the challenge: 8.8lbs!

I have to go through and find out what our next challenges are. Water is pretty easy for me but I didnt see how many exercise minutes we had to do.

I hope you guys are all doing well, welcome to all then newbies, and ONWARD to the next adventure for us all!
  • mjdaniels1
    Options
    i am not short. I am funsize! I will take the challenge.
  • rnnl8
    rnnl8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does 5'3 count?
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, Morning, or Night Vertical Challengers! :happy:

I’ve tallied up our group’s total loss. I’m hoping everyone got their updates in time. I am proud to say as a whole shorty group we together lost 164.9 pounds!!!!! Give yourselves a round of applause and take a bow! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I’d like to take the time out now to give some honorable mentions to the top 5 weight loss losers! :heart:

1st place- Saffyra with a loss of 8.8 pounds! Even while she was on her hiking trip! Those hikes did you justice girl! :drinker:
    2nd place- TooFatToFit with a loss of 8.4 pounds! You worked hard for that take a bow! :drinker:
    3rd place- PaulaPalooza with a loss of 7 pounds! Absolutely phenomenal! :drinker:

4th and 5th place end with a tie in no particular order…

4th place- Suzi 67 with a loss of 6.6! Absolutely stunning! Go girl! :drinker:
    5th place- Nitalynne58 with a loss of 6.6! You totally rocked it girl! :drinker:

I want everyone to give these ladies a round of applause and don’t forget to do the same for yourself! :bigsmile:

We kicked butt on this challenge and today marks the start of our next challenge and I’m sure we’ll rock that too!

Remember to log every Saturday your total exercise minutes and water intake for the week.

The goal... 150 minutes of exercise a week and 8 glasses or more a day throughout the week.

Good Luck!!
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!! We lost the equivalent of a whole person!!!! A person who's taller than us I have to add :bigsmile:

That is very good and heartening.
    Also want to say thank you to laloquita for going through it all and sorting things out for us - thanks lovely :flowerforyou:

Time to knock it up a notch - I know that I don't drink as much fluids as I should so that'll be my challenge!! As I'm commiting to the 30ds at the moment the half hour a day is almost a given.

Good luck for this challenge peeps. Here's to a brilliant week for us all :drinker: