OKAY! It's time to prove a point!

Options

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    None of the above, lol....but if I have to choose, Twilight is the only tolerable one
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm sneaking in here to say thanks for the book tip. :-) haven't gone all bookworm in a while and I need a fix.

Agreed. The series is called Song of Ice and Fire. I'm just starting book 2 now :smile:

Game of Thrones is awesome!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    The LOTR movies are even better than the books, which is saying a lot.

homer-doh-square.jpg
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    star wars, with a lord of the rings as a close 2nd, harry potter is a good time filler..........twilight sucks.

QFT

That means Quoted For Truth :smile:
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

homer-doh-square.jpg
    It's true! I've always loved the books, but you have to admit Tolkien did his share of.... describing the country-side, and that sort of thing. LOL

Obviously rarely are movies better than books, I thought those were though! Though I would say the Twilight movie is better than the books, it's only because the books were so terrible.

Honestly, though, none of those listed are as good as the Martin books (A Song of Ice and Fire series) another poster mentioned earlier. Everyone should read those!
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    HARRY POTTER!!! *calms down* :D
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    None of the above :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

homer-doh-square.jpg
    It's true! I've always loved the books, but you have to admit Tolkien did his share of.... describing the country-side, and that sort of thing. LOL

Obviously rarely are movies better than books, I thought those were though! Though I would say the Twilight movie is better than the books, it's only because the books were so terrible.

Honestly, though, none of those listed are as good as the Martin books (A Song of Ice and Fire series) another poster mentioned earlier. Everyone should read those!

I was the one who mentioned the Game of Thrones series. It is really awesome, but I will say that I love LOTR (the book) and The Hobbit. The film version of LOTR was good (extended editions were MUCH better), but they still left out a lot (Tom Bombadil for one). Obviously, they can't put it all in, which is why the book is amazingly good.

BTW: Game of Thrones is on HBO as a TV series. The show is very good.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    E. None of the Above :D
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    E. None of the Above :D
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    is this even real? STAR WARS DUDE!
  • Rhayne05
    Options
    Star Trek.... kthnx bai
  • kasperazgirl
    kasperazgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Star Wars And Twilight :) I can't choose so i pick both
  • magnumgirl
    magnumgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings all the way. Twilight can't even be put in the same question as LOTR or StarWars. I enjoyed the twilight books for sure but the movies are for youngsters only.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings, the books are even better then the movies. Twilight can't even be put in the same question as LOTR or StarWars. I enjoyed the twilight books for sure but the movies are for youngsters only.

Agreed...I thoroughly enjoyed the Twilight books as well; but the movies are a unique form of torture that should be reserved to get hardened criminals to crack...
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Haha, this isn't even fair. Everyone knows Star Wars is the best movie series of all time!
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    Lord of the Rings!!! I'm in love with Samwise Gamgee!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings, the books are even better then the movies. Twilight can't even be put in the same question as LOTR or StarWars. I enjoyed the twilight books for sure but the movies are for youngsters only.

Agreed...I thoroughly enjoyed the Twilight books as well; but the movies are a unique form of torture that should be reserved to get hardened criminals to crack...

I feel the same way! LOVED the books (not as much as HP, obviously!!!), but the movies were just so childish on top of the bad acting! Sheesh!
  • kristy76063
    Options
    Harry Potter!

I can read the books several times and never tire of them :happy:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

I feel the same way! LOVED the books (not as much as HP, obviously!!!), but the movies were just so childish on top of the bad acting! Sheesh!

Seriously...there's a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting cruel & unusual punishment...I think we should sue Hollywood for mental anguish...