Hundred Push Ups March

Options
12345679»

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Week 6, day 3, level 3 - I made it through the whole week at level 3. So I am almost back to where I was before I quit for awhile.

71 (min 60)

245 total, I think. Not fabulous form at this point in terms of speed (I go as fast as I can) and height (I am going to maybe 90 degrees at the elbow) - but I don't care. I am going to follow in MM's footsteps and FINISH, and then go back and work on going lower. Honestly, I think it was a good thing for me that I continued on by changing my form a bit instead of getting stuck at week 3-4 forever... I think the rest of my body, particularly my core, needed the time to catch up - and I was getting frustrated. Pushups really work a lot of muscles in your whole body... towards the end of the long sets sometimes my legs start shaking! I could go back now, but I think I am close (within a month) of finishing - I want to make it to 100!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Life kicked me in the *kitten* this week-- I got some pushups in 3 days this week, but nothing "official."

Try again next week-- same bat time, same bat channel-- week 4, level 1.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 Level 1

*30 (min 30)
    ______

Better day today than last couple. I must be getting stronger because I noticed that my lower belly is brushing the ground in my push-ups. Ah the joys of motherhood, I knew all that hanging skin would come in handy someday.:laugh: I bet if I went without a bra these old saggy boobs would touch too?:blushing:
  • psychojenn
    Options
    starting today at week 1, column 2

never really been able to do push ups so i hope this works! :happy:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Aw, so close! I tested today. I was counting myself, and my husband was also counting. I made it to 90 - but until I stopped and my DH told me otherwise, I thought I was only at 80. If I had known it was 90... maybe I would have paused for a few seconds without dropping and tried to struggle through the last 10. :wink: But I think I am close!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Nite all!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Did Exhaustion Test yesterday. 36 so I'll be doing Week 5 again just moving up to level 2.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 again
    *girly-style*

+21
    +25
    +21
    +21
    +32
    ___
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    2nd of Week 5 now at Level 2 :Day 1

*35(min 35)

Have a feeling I may be stuck at week 5 for many many many more weeks.:grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options
    2nd of Week 5 now at Level 2 :Day 1

*35(min 35)

Have a feeling I may be stuck at week 5 for many many many more weeks.:grumble:

Aw heck, mom-- don't sweat it-- you're helping your body-- just keep at it!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Thanks Marla - I'll try and keep that in mind.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK - again with week 6. My shoulders and arms are really sore today, so I had to rest a bit more than usual in between sets. But I made it through.

71 (min55)

Keep it up, Marla, Duffyzmom, Cham, et al! :flowerforyou: And WELCOME, psychojenn! I could only do one pushup when I started. :tongue:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Well it's been a couple of weeks now since I said I was coming back. Again today I did day 1 of week 5, level 2. Let's see if I can get through all three days this week.

at least 30 and I managed 40. YEAH!!

Now if I'll just come back on Thursday!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm still around. I've had the flu this week so no push ups. I will start again on Monday probably with week 3 level 1 or 2.
    Good job Keiko! Come back on Thursday!
    To the rest of you, keep it up! I'm glad to see how many of you are still doing it! It's not easy, but it is worth it!
    MM
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Having a bad neck week so I'm just trying to maintain for now. MRI showed a herniated disc so my doctor won't even let me do PT until I see a nuerosurgeon. I dropped back to Week 4 Level 2 and plan try and do this until I get further clearance from the surgeon. The good news is a herniation at this level can cause muscle weakness in the biceps, triceps or deltoids so if I get this fixed my 100 may be more attainable.

Week 4 Level 2:

*20 (min 25)