Skinny Dippers! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    GUYS! I'VE LOST 20 POUNDS! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I weighed in this morning at 155.6, which means only 15.6 pounds away from my goal weight. I am so ecstatic today. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Maxie- Thanks for the banner! Adorable!

Yeah yeah... you and you're tiny little waist.

:P JK! You know I'm super happy for you, baby doll!!! :D
  • mandeiko
    Options
    How goes the "challenge" this week ladies?

While I hardly find time to do ANYTHING I love... I found down time with my book earlier today, and it was fantastic! But of course, now I'm back to homework books. Meh.. :grumble:
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    How goes the "challenge" this week ladies?

I spent some "me time" on my day off work today cooking! Its my stress relief and feels therapeutic to me when I can actually do it for fun and not rushing around :)
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have taken time with my audiobooks, regular books and a couple of hot baths. Luckily I had massage therapy today so that was some enforced down time and we worked on my neck and shoulders.
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've actually been reading a book this week. What I really need to do is to take the time to have a hot bath. I have lived in this house for almost 2 years, and we have a beautiful jacuzzi tub in our ensuite that has been used a total of 3 times. My oldest son got in a tried it once, I got in with my 2 little ones once and me and hubby got in once, *wink*. I actually vacuum it out because of the dust, lol! I think I'm going to clean that puppy out and get in and relax, all for me!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've actually been reading a book this week. What I really need to do is to take the time to have a hot bath. I have lived in this house for almost 2 years, and we have a beautiful jacuzzi tub in our ensuite that has been used a total of 3 times. My oldest son got in a tried it once, I got in with my 2 little ones once and me and hubby got in once, *wink*. I actually vacuum it out because of the dust, lol! I think I'm going to clean that puppy out and get in and relax, all for me!

OMG! If I had a jacuzzi tub I would live in that thing. I LOVE baths. And even if you can only sit in there for 10 minutes, thats still 10 minutes you have to yourself!

I hope everyone is doing okay. There's a lot of people I haven't heard from in a while!
  • mandeiko
    Options

OMG! If I had a jacuzzi tub I would live in that thing. I LOVE baths. And even if you can only sit in there for 10 minutes, thats still 10 minutes you have to yourself!

I hope everyone is doing okay. There's a lot of people I haven't heard from in a while!

Whatttttt!!! Sooooo jealousssssssss....

And yes.. I do the bubble baths with a book. Not often enough though :grumble:
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Hey! How's the skinny dippin' been as of late? I love you alllllll!
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My "me" time for today was taking the time this morning to pluck my eyebrows, LOL! Not that I walk around with big bushy eyebrows all the time, I just usually don't have time to sit down and take my time to make sure they are perfectly shaped, I usually just get what's in the middle and the most obvious scraggly ones. Freshly plucked and perfectly shaped eyebrows always make me feel a little bit better and give me a happy boost. :P
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Wow...me time is amazingly short in supply. I have chosen a couple of nights though to just sit and watch television. I don't know if that counts, but if you knew how much I have to run to an fro, taking my daughters places and being the responsible mom, then you'd understand how nice it is to just sit and veg out for a while, and not have any demands placed on me. It doesn't happen often!!
  • fosterr8
    Options
    For "Me" time this week I have taken a bubble bath. But honestly, I am so busy with school that my "Me" time is working out. I know a lot of people dislike it, but I go for at least an hour in the morning and get to watch tv, listen to music or watch youtube on the elliptical, treadmill or stair climber. I love it and don't feel guilty watching tv instead of doing homework!
  • szimba
    Options
    For "Me" time this week I have taken a bubble bath. But honestly, I am so busy with school that my "Me" time is working out. I know a lot of people dislike it, but I go for at least an hour in the morning and get to watch tv, listen to music or watch youtube on the elliptical, treadmill or stair climber. I love it and don't feel guilty watching tv instead of doing homework!

Same here! I found that my biggest stress reliefs and my me time is the time I spend working out!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Well, my "me" time this week has been mostly long showers, but yesterday I took out all my art supplies and it feels so good to be doing something creative again. I'll be doing that and yoga tonight for my me time. Any suggestions/requests for next weeks challenge?
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    My hubby works out of town, 8 days away and then 6 days at home on days off. This week he is away, and I usually spend my time in the evening doing laundry or cleaning, but this week I have been reading a book, and I think I might actually finish it! That is a pretty big accomplishment since I havent done that in at least 2 years.

And I know that the mile challenge was last week, but I am finally feeling better and I decided to give it a shot again tonight. My best time last week was 13:21, and tonight I finished my mile at 12:31, yay!! I am determined to sweat the fat off, haha.
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    Well I tried the mile again today and got it at 12:09, and I'm most proud of the fact that I actually ran the WHOLE MILE without walking at all!! That is the first time I have ever done that!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Well I tried the mile again today and got it at 12:09, and I'm most proud of the fact that I actually ran the WHOLE MILE without walking at all!! That is the first time I have ever done that!

That's fantastic! I really admire your drive. Even though you missed the challenge last week, you still pushed to better yourself, and look how it turned out! :) Congrats!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    As for everyone else, it's that time of the week again! A new challenge!
    This week's focus : ABS!!

Yesterday I went and did yoga and saw myself in the big yoga mirrors and it made me realize how far I still have to go. I know that my main focus is my abs, and Ashley was nice enough to share oxygenmag.com for some great workouts! So guess who else is doing abs this week?? YOU! :) Here's the link : http://www.oxygenmag.com/Training/Articles/8-minute-no-crunch-abs.aspx . This is for EVERY DAY this week!! It is only 8 minutes of your day, and I know you all have 8 minutes to better yourself. :smile:

**DISCLAIMER!! - To those of you who do not complete this challenge, you WILL be asked to leave the group. This group was started for, and I quote, "those who are truly motivated". If you have any questions/concerns/feel the need to *****, you are more than welcome to PM me. I need to know who is really in this, because I want to start doing team/personal challenges!!! **

Maxie - We will be adjusting the banner as needed next week, depending on who finishes the challenge.

:heart:
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    As for everyone else, it's that time of the week again! A new challenge!
    This week's focus : ABS!!

Yesterday I went and did yoga and saw myself in the big yoga mirrors and it made me realize how far I still have to go. I know that my main focus is my abs, and Ashley was nice enough to share oxygenmag.com for some great workouts! So guess who else is doing abs this week?? YOU! :) Here's the link : http://www.oxygenmag.com/Training/Articles/8-minute-no-crunch-abs.aspx . This is for EVERY DAY this week!! It is only 8 minutes of your day, and I know you all have 8 minutes to better yourself. :smile:

**DISCLAIMER!! - To those of you who do not complete this challenge, you WILL be asked to leave the group. This group was started for, and I quote, "those who are truly motivated". If you have any questions/concerns/feel the need to *****, you are more than welcome to PM me. I need to know who is really in this, because I want to start doing team/personal challenges!!! **

Maxie - We will be adjusting the banner as needed next week, depending on who finishes the challenge.

:heart:

Those exercises look pretty good actually, thanks for finding them! I actually was kind of thinking the same thing about the abs, I actually did a few crunches last night, for the first time in maybe 5 years, lol. I totally agree about weeding out the members of the group who aren't really interested in participating. :)
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I can do a couple of those. I am not sure about the last one! Don't boot me out! :)
  • szimba
    Options
    Challenge looks good for this week!! :D Although..... on a side note...... idk about you guys, but I definitely do not look as good as that girl in the video when I work out! haha!