Share seven weird things about you!

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

2. I hate loud noises. I'm afraid of baloons and fireworks.

:laugh: :laugh: I am scared of balloons too!!! my kids are not allowed to have them in the house and if by chance they get ahold of a balloon they are not allowed to make that squeaky noise when you rub it... and when they go to bed i cut the tip of the balloon adn let all the air out so it is no longer in my house anymore :laugh:

I'm scared of those tubes of refrigerated biscuits or crescent rolls. Have been since I was a little kid. :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Here's more.

I always counts stair steps.

When I'm faxing something at work, I try to avoid counting how many pages there are as they come through. I'll stand at the fax machine and start counting to myself really fast to get my mind off of the sheets of paper as they come through.

I don't let my feet stick out over the bed because "it" might get them. I also pull my feet onto the bed really fast when I go to bed at night for the same reason. "It" might get them. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm scared of bees because I used to get stung all the time when I was a kid.

I don't like to walk around barefoot especially outside in the summer time because I used to step on bees all the time and get stung when I was a kid.

I'm messed up! :frown:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    hmm.
    7 things

1. I am a rediculously bad speller. i try but I am just horrid at it. I think people think I am stupid becasue of it, in turn I dumb things down so I dont make too many spelling errors (and it is still bad)
    2. I worked at a haunted house and got to scare kevin bacon and sean pen.
    3. I always have to drive the same route when going from point a to point b
    4. I have a rediculous fear of three point turns.
    5. I am terrified of banks and post offices, but i have to go in them once in a while. I break into a cold sweat and feel like I am going to throw up.
    6. I hate the sound of socks on the carpet, cotton balls rubbing together and the sound of people chewing or slurping and my mother chews on the phone with me ALL THE TIME
    7. wrinkled clothes make me vomit
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

i dont even own an iron:laugh:
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    1) I used to have an irrational fear of sock monkies.
    2) I think Seth Green is one of the sexiest men ever.
    3) I frequently have dreams about Johnny Depp where we are riding around on a motorcycle discussing things like why men would find him sexy.
    4) I wrote a series of online stories about my DC/VA friends as super heroes. It was a Christmas present to all of them after I moved to MA.
    5) My favorite color changes.
    6) My eye color changes.
    7) My family had a monkey and an alligator as pets when I was a kid.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Were you a Buffy fan?
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Were you a Buffy fan?

Huge Buffy fan!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    1. my toenails are so teeny tiny that i can barely paint them!
    2. I can not eat oreos without twisting them apart and then i eat the side with less frosting on it ans then the other half!
    3. i broke my arms each 3 times when i was young.
    4. I WILL NOT sleep on a top bunk because thats how i broke my arm 2 out the 6 times. And one time when i was drunk at my friends house he had a bunk bed and my friends thought it would be funny to make me sleep on the top:embarassed: :explode: i was really mad but all the floor space was taken up so i slept holding on the sides of the bed and my knuckles were white when i woke up! which takes me to number 5
    5. I also can not sleep with my limbs hanging off the bed because "it" might get them.
    6. I can not walk a straight wether i'm stone sober or wasted, i have no balance or coordination( i think it's from so many ear infections, i always have them, in fact i have one right now:angry: )
    7. I always look at people's ears and it really and i mean really grosses me out when people have dirty ears:sick: :sick: :ohwell:
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    ladyofivy. Tks for staring fun thread.
    Jakeh. You love chocolate and are afraid of rabbits. What about chocolate bunnies??
    MisoSoup79. I'm sorry about your kitten. Take good care. Perhaps, sharing that with us would help you to make the final arrangements.

Ok, here we go.

1. I'm right handed. Clap left handed. Just did it once. Thought it was fun. Can't go back to clapping right handed.
    2. Can't wear red or have red in my bedroom.
    3. Very meticulous in the order I eat. Have to have to always eat best for last. I get very very upset if someone interrupts me and say I should eat the best first or it'll get cold and harass me nonstop during my entire meal and make fun of the way I eat. I feel like saying to them, "Mind your own %^&*# business!!"
    4. I shiver uncontrollably everytime I see ants especially a lot of them on a sidewalk.
    5. I'm terrified of clowns. Everything about them is weird, strange and terribly scary.
    6. I am extremely petrified of wax museums. Wax figures scared the **** out of me.
    7. A clown wearing all red in the form of a wax figure holding fake ants I think would give me a heartattack, a stroke and a panic attack all at the same time for sure!!

Ok, I take it back. This thread is not fun!! It's scaring the **** out of myself!! :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: ( just joking ladyofivy!! Still fun. Scary but fun!!)
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    1. I eat sandwiches from the outside in- around the edges once before eating it normally top to bottom
    2. I dreamed of being a mother since I was like 8/9... is that actually weird?
    3. I used to be paranoid to the point that I'd sub-conciously think I was being filmed/recorded almost anywhere... even in my own house... (I've since gotten over that fear and it wasn't even based on anything)
    4. I'm afraid that the alarms will go off when I exit stores, even though I haven't stolen anything... this is actually based on an experience
    5. I have a habit of smiling when I'm verbally fighting/having a shouting match with someone... I don't know why
    6. the top of my pinky toes are kinda turned sideways, if that makes sense

I can't think of a last one right now
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Hmmm lots of fears on here! :smile: The fact that so many people have irrational fears makes me wonder how "weird" it is to have an irrational fear! I think I may need to "go again" because I've thought of so many weird things about myself since reading this....

1. I share the same birthday as Seth Green and Gary Coleman. (Is that weird? I dunno, I guess we all share birthdays with celebrities, it just seems weird to me.)

2. I used to be able to push my thumbs back to touch the tops of my wrists, but I guess I've lost that "talent" because I stopped doing it. LOL :laugh:

3. I've taught both my kids (four and two) the ABC's backwards as well as forwards, and they know most of their 50 states.

4. I have a fear of MayFlies. When we go out at night and they are swarming near a lamp post, it freaks me out, and I MUST cover my mouth and nose with my shirt or a cloth or at least my hand, because I'm so afraid that they will go into my mouth or nose. We had a convertible once, and it was warm enough that the top was down when we got gas and I begged my husband not to get gas with the top down, but being the jerk that he was feeling like being that night, he acted like I was just being stupid and forced me to sit there while he got gas. I nearly got out and walked home, but I was so petrified that the mayflies would get me, that I couldn't move.

5. As a kid, I thought it was funny to catch flies and tear their wings off and call them a "walk". I also used to swat them with the fly swatter and then pour salt on them to "bring them back to life". I have NO CLUE who told me how to do this... it's pretty cruel. I never caught one and tied a hair around it and tore it's legs off though, so that I could fly it around. (Someone told me about this when I relayed the rest to him... that's just weird.)

6. I am in love with the smell of scotch tape. It smells like Christmas, and I could smell it all day.

7. I am also fanatical about the smell of Gain laundry detergent. I would make the entire world smell like Gain if I could. I ought to have stock.

8. Eye crossing... I can cross my eyes, cross only one eye and whirl the other around in a circle (either eye, I can do both!), and do what I call "figure eights" with my eyes, meaning that I cross one, circle the other once, cross that one and circle the other one.

9. I have amaxing tongue dexterity. (Yes, before you ask, my husband adores me. :tongue: ) I can do all kinds of tongue tricks, too weird to be able to describe all of them, but for example I can fold it in half either way, make it into a talking smiley face, make it do "the wave", flip my tongue over both ways and FAST, and I can put my tongue into the back of my throat, past my uvula, down into my throat or up into the back of my nose (I know, that's gross.)

10. I am generally much less than six degrees of separation from any celebrity, because as a kid, I met Gordon from Sesame street, and played "One of these things doesn't belong", with him. Since he works with Elmo, who has met just about every celebrity in America :laugh: I'm generally only 3 degrees from most celebrities, four at the most.

11. I have been a "writer" since I can remember. My elementary school teachers always said that they knew I would be a published author one day, and always said that they couldn't wait to read my stories. I begged for a typewriter for Christmas every year from age 11-13, and spent much of those years alone in my room, writing. I've been published, but most of it is ghostwriting, however I have gotten a few paying and credited gigs here and there, though nothing fancy.

12. I've never broken a bone (yet!!), however I have had four surgeries and stitches in my mouth once.

13. I have a dream to become a roller derby girl.

14. I have created a "bucket list" online.

15. I saved my friend's life once.

16. I have helped stay at home moms become friends hundreds of times over, and the effects of my work are still going on today.

17. I have two phobias, one is the fear of disease and dying (and of going to get diagnosed, which goes along with that phobia) and the other is claustorphobia. I remember the exact moment that these phobias started. The clausterphobia I'm not really sure about if it still bothers me, but it freaked me out enough not to want to find out by being in a tight space again.

18. I once stepped on a piece of a jellyfish, and it made my pinky toe numb for a year or so.

19. I can wiggle both ears individually or together and both eyebrows individually or together.

20. This summer I will have been married for one third of my life, and I'm only thirty.

21. I have a lot of floaters in my vision, but, because of aforementioned disease phobia, can't bring myself to go to an eye doctor.

22. My husband and I met in high school by writing on a desk to one another, and I actually envisioned meeting my husband this way when I was in middle school.

23. When I was young, there was a house that had a garage with a smiley face painted on it, near where my cousin lived (only a couple of blocks away from where we lived.) I told my brother that one day I would buy that house and I'd paint a hole in the forehead of the smiley face, and make it look like it got shot in the head and write "Have a nice day" on it. Years later I bought a house that was all yellow siding, and years after we bought the house, my cousin told me, "You know, I remember when I was a kid, your house used to have a smiley face painted on the garage, before they put siding on it."

24. I experience Deja Vu to the nth degree. Once a day would be a slow day for me. I fear that it means that I have a disease or brain tumor, but I recently read that people who have depression/anxiety have deja vu more than the rest of the world.

25. I'm working on an invention that mostly markets to moms of kids who are potty training. I hope to have some prototypes out in the next few weeks.

26. I've been "attempted" to be abducted by child molestors twice in my life, both by people who I didnt' know. Once when I was four, once when I was 11. The first time the man asked me from his red truck if I wanted some candy, the second time it was a man on our street who asked me if I would come into his house and look at the fish tank that he had for sale (who turned out to be a convicted child molestor.)

27. I've had chicken pox twice and my husband had it three times. We've had our children both vaccinated for chicken pox... (I realize that this is highly controversial, and I have nothing against those who choose not to vax, but for us it was a no-brainer.)

28. I play pool left handed and skateboard "goofy-footed" or "left footed", although I am primarily right-sided for everything else.

29. I used to be really great at playing chess, and in fourth grade I was second place chessmaster in my class, but I only remember the basics of how to play now.

30. I hate the sound of corderoy or of fabrics rubbing together; it hurts my teeth.

31. I also have a "fear" (I wouldn't call it a phobia, I just really REALLY hate it) of wood touching my teeth, like from a popsicle.

32. I am notoriously good at remembering commercials... not just the jingles but the whole commercials. I used to drive my parents crazy by saying all the commercials along with them. One of my favorites was Sally Struthers for ICS where she said, "Do you want to make more money? Sure, we all do!" (I have since forgotten the middle bit, but then it says, "Choose from any one of these courses! high school, TV VCR repair, computer programming, child day care, book keeping, legal assistant, veteranary asssitant..." I think there were a few more, but then it said, "You can major in business management or in accounting!" I've forgotten a lot of it now, but remember that this was from when I was six or so. :laugh:

33. I'm afraid of the dark.

34. As a kid, I had an "extra" phobia of being abducted. Occasionally I'd wake up flipped around so that my head was at the foot of my bed, and I was sure that I was in an alien spaceship, and I was too terrified to move.

And getting slightly morbid....

35. I have two brothers, but am recently an only child. :cry:

36. My parents and I have eerie similarities sometimes... for example my due date months were October, February and November, and so were hers. We both had three children and one died.as a baby. My dad's brother, Donnie, was walking on a highway and got struck by a vehicle and killed, and it was immediately declared a suicide, and later they found out that it was the recklessness of the driver, and the EXACT same thing happened to my brother, Donnie, just a few months ago. (walking on the highway, struck by a vehicle, immediately ruled a suicide and then they found that it was the recklessness of the driver at fault.) Although neither of my children are named Donnie, I'm now afraid that one of them will be killed by a car as an adult. :cry:

Is anyone still reading? Seriously, this went WAYY too long... which is #37: I have a tendency to go overboard whenever I write anything.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm still reeling from your saying that you were 30.

You look great!:flowerforyou:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    1. always eat my favorite foods last (BAD HABIT!!

I totally do that too!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    1. my birthday is April 15, 1980, the same day that Titanic sank, only it sank in 1912.
    2. I met Garth Brooks when I was 16 years old, we won backstage passes
    3. I eat one thing at a time also, starting with the things that I like least and finishing with the things that I like the best.
    4. I can't stand things in the pantry to be facing any other way but with the labels all facing the same way, it drives me nuts
    5. I have to have the towels and wash clothes all facing the same way
    6. things in the fridge have to be in order too, the milk on one side, and the juice on the other
    7. I can't go out of the house without matching clothes on and without my makeup on
  • ericajewel
    Options
    ok, I guess I will try....

1.) My maiden name is Erica Cain....like Susan Lucci on All My Children....lol
    2.) I married my jr. high school sweetheart (I am 24 and we have been together for 10 years, non stop:)
    3.) My grandparents are founders of a children's home (Galilean Children's Home...Liberty, KY)
    4.) I was one of only two graduates in my graduating class (very small private school)
    5.) my firstborn was born on her due date.....which happens to be April fools! 4-1-06
    6.) I have met Charile Daniels along with some others I cant remember right now...lol
    7.) I live in the same place that me and my parents lived in when I was growing up...just remodeled a little!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I can move my baby toes around without moving the rest of my toes whatsoever.

Although this is actually pretty rare, I am an adult sleepwalker/talker and never really remember anything. A lot of times I wake up somewhere in a random situation, completely terrified. My husband thinks I look/act like I am possessed or something and he thinks I speak different languages, it is kind of nuts really, lol.

I share the same birthday as my brother, although we are two years apart. Garfield’s birthday is the same as ours. It’s cool because it’s like that comic strip is just for us : )

My eyes are a mix of green, grey, blue and yellow eyes. My husband says that it’s like I have a yellow sunflower in the middle of my eyes.

I am obsessed with roses in any way shape or form. It’s my middle name and my late grandmother’s middle name.

I am the female George Costanza, lol. I can talk my way into or get myself out of almost anything. If there is a deal/way into/out of something I can find it or figure it out in a matter of minutes.

I have an insane memory for numbers. I can remember any sequence of numbers you throw at me, and any phone number I have ever been told. I am like a walking phone book. I even remember my friends from kindergarden's numbers.
  • leeanne1317
    Options
    Some interesting posts here lol

Ok will give this a whirl: in no specific order of weirdness lol

1 - I like to slide my mac and cheese noodles onto the prongs of the fork then eat it
    2 - I will only clean my apartment on a Thursday (been doing this years and have no idea why LOL)
    3 - I always take pictures of construction sites, they fasinate me for some reason
    4 - All my Cd's are in alphabetical order and I check them at least once a month to make sure they still are
    5- I constantly complain I need new tops but when I get to the store and find something I decide I don't need it lol
    6- I freeze my Cadbury cream eggs before eating them
    7- If I have a burger and fries and I always put the fries on the burger
  • shariweber
    Options
    Let's see: I am sure I can get 7 (I am weird) but I wonder what they will be.
    1. when I was 15 I had to get a prostitute licence in Mexico because I was wearing red cowboy boots. I had a choice, licence or Juarez jail.
    2. I dance on my treadmill. I have a treadmill burn from falling off.
    3. One of the YMCA instructors makes fun of me for smiling so much during class.
    4. I broke my foot walking, my finger sleeping and dislocated my shoulder driving. In all three cases there was no "incident" to cause the problem. It just happened.
    5. When I am happy, I can't help myself. I jump up and down and clap like a kid. I am 37.
    6. I quit smoking after 23 years. I quit because my 40 friend was picking it up and I was too co-dependent to put up with that crap.
    7. I won a joint rolling contest at 8 years old at a Hippie Thanksgiving Festival where 3 dog night was playing. 5 people could smoke off of it at the same time. I don't smoke marijuana.
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    jdelisle, "I am the female George Costanza, lol. I can talk my way into or get myself out of almost anything. If there is a deal/way into/out of something I can find it or figure it out in a matter of minutes. "

George is so funny. The way you wrote that hell I believe you have that talent. Can you share with us some examples!!??

Hey Everyone, this has got to be the best most fun most fascinating :huh: best thread of the entire board ever!!!Thanks for sharing fascinating tidbits about yourselves and thanks to ladyofivy for starting this thread!! Lots of fun to read and get to know each other.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options

i dont even own an iron:laugh:

really? what do you do about wrinkles?