OMG this is sooo frustrating, there are carbs EVERYWHERE

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    But he's not obese. He is 6'1" 190 lbs, that is teetering between healthy and overweight. Hence why I said to not have more than 1000 deficit.:wink:

Wow, that is some messed up numbers to put 190 for 6'1 within an overweight category. Being 6'1 and currently at 188lb, I am skinny enough to hula hoop thru a cheerio! To each their own I guess...

all I did was put 6'1" 190 into the BMI calculator...not my fault it said it's borderline overweight. Those calculators are stupid anyways...
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    CARBS ARE GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! of course they have to be the right carbs and eating them first thing in the morning is best so you have all day to burn them:bigsmile:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Folks, please remember that not everyone has the same level of knowledge regarding health and fitness that you might - give people the benefit of the doubt. If you feel a post is inappropriate or trolling, the ONLY solution is to report the post.

And please remember to follow forum rules at all times.

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

17) Please stay on-topic, and help us make our forums a "No Hijacking" zone. Users come to MyFitnessPal for support and encouragement. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are discouraging and disrespectful, and will be deleted. Repeated offense may result in revocation of posting privileges. Please either contribute positively to a thread, or move on without posting.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

With respect,

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    CARBS ARE GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Truth
    of course they have to be the right carbs and eating them first thing in the morning is best so you have all day to burn them:bigsmile:

Myth
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Try gluten free products as well..

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what GF has to do with low carb? Gluten free does not necessarily mean low carb. It just means gluten free.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    what the fudge.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    CARBS ARE GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! of course they have to be the right carbs and eating them first thing in the morning is best so you have all day to burn them:bigsmile:

It doesn't matter which time of the day you should eat carbs.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    what the fudge.

Fudge has a ton of carbs in it. Just sayin'
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Carbs are essential to the body. ESSENTIAL to some areas of the brain and red blood cells, as well as the primary source of energy for your muscles and the entire brain. I could go on and on about this giving way too much detail but I will spare you. The point is to stay away from refined carbs (bread, chips, refined pastas, cake etc ) and eat 100g (min) to 130g of healthy carbs (veggy's, some fruit and some whole grain). Make 1/2 your meals veggies. :flowerforyou:

CHO is not an essential macronutrient to the body.

Yes it is
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options
    Carbs are essential to the body. ESSENTIAL to some areas of the brain and red blood cells, as well as the primary source of energy for your muscles and the entire brain. I could go on and on about this giving way too much detail but I will spare you. The point is to stay away from refined carbs (bread, chips, refined pastas, cake etc ) and eat 100g (min) to 130g of healthy carbs (veggy's, some fruit and some whole grain). Make 1/2 your meals veggies. :flowerforyou:

Yes it is.
  • joejccva71
    Options

Yes it is.

Sorry but you are incorrect. Let's quote Lyle McDonald shall we:
    Despite oft-heard claims to the contrary, there is no actual physiological requirement for dietary carbohydrate. Even the RDA handbook acknowledges this, right before recommending that a prudent diet should contain a lot of carbohydrates.

An essential nutrient is defined as:

1. Any nutrient that is required for survival.
    2. Can’t be made by the body.

The second criterion is the reason that dietary carbohydrate is not an essential nutrient: the body is able to make as much glucose as the brain and the few other tissues need on a day-to-day basis from other sources. From the standpoint of survival, the minimum amount of carbohydrates that are required in a diet is zero grams per day.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I can't believe the mods haven't removed this obvious troll post yet.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I can't believe the mods haven't removed this obvious troll post yet.

They seem to be a little more sporadic these days.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,002 Member
    Options
    Personally i don't think you know enough about nutrition to worry about whether an egg has a trace amount of carbs in it, or the fact that you think carbs make you fat...............plus the fact you want to lose 1/4 of your total body weight without even worrying about body composition......try eating in a moderate deficit, about 20% and a balanced diet, go from there.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options

Yes it is.

Despite oft-heard claims to the contrary, there is no actual physiological requirement for dietary carbohydrate. Even the RDA handbook acknowledges this, right before recommending that a prudent diet should contain a lot of carbohydrates.

The second criterion is the reason that dietary carbohydrate is not an essential nutrient: the body is able to make as much glucose as the brain and the few other tissues need on a day-to-day basis from other sources. From the standpoint of survival, the minimum amount of carbohydrates that are required in a diet is zero grams per day.

You can quote who ever you want. Your wrong. I know what the technical term for an essential nutrient is. Doesn't change the fact that not only do the majority of the MICRO nutrients come from the MACRO CHO, but Glucose is essential to many areas of the body. When the body is FORCED to make glucose it does so by converting protein or fat. This takes protein away from the areas including the body's immune defenses. The body can not convert enough fat to glucose to prevent ketosis. But again some areas of the brian will not function on ketones. This is a really stupid argument. Is someone really going to spend their life eating nothing but CHO free protein?
  • joejccva71
    Options

Yes it is.

You can quote who ever you want. Your wrong. I know what the technical term for an essential nutrient is. Doesn't change the fact that not only do the majority of the MICRO nutrients come from the MACRO CHO, but Glucose is essential to many areas of the body. When the body is FORCED to make glucose it does so by converting protein or fat. This takes protein away from the areas including the body's immune defenses. The body can not convert enough fat to glucose to prevent ketosis. But again some areas of the brian will not function on ketones. This is a really stupid argument. Is someone really going to spend their life eating nothing but CHO free protein?

You said carbs are essential. I said they aren't. I provided proof from Lyle who is pretty much a genius in the nutrition and fitness world.

What point are you still trying to argue?

Carbs are NOT essential to survive. Period. Your body makes glucose from other sources like lactate, pyruvate (produced from glucose metabolism), glycerol (from fat metabolism) and some amino acids.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    looks like i missed a good thread hahah
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,002 Member
    Options
    The body can make it's own glucose in the absence of dietary carbs. It a very basic suvival adaption in humans.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    troll-kitteh.jpg
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    what the fudge.

Mmmmm....fudge!!!
This discussion has been closed.