Zumba 30 day Challenge

Options

Replies

• mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    28qulib.jpg
    28qulib.jpg

replace the capital IMG with a lowercase and put it in your sig! :flowerforyou:
  • KoriBarry
    KoriBarry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely doing this. Will update my stat's when I get home from work! Yea!

When were you planning on starting? I've been wanting to get the Zumba game for kinect for a while now...this just gives me that much more of a reason to do it sooner than later.
  • Lillyzar
    Lillyzar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just got my Zumba DVD's yesterday so I'm on it!!!! I'll put my stuff in shortly just wanna save the page :)
  • shrinkinglily
    Options
    I'm in! I will get my current measurements and report back later. I have just started Zumba at my gym - I can make it to 3 classes a week. I just got the 5-pack DVD program so I will try to do those on the days I can't make it. My goal will be to Zumba 5 days a week!

I hope that after 30 days of this I will be confidant enough to take a salsa class with my husband!

I have already noticed a difference in my body after 5 workouts. People are just now starting to notice my 10 pound loss!

Love love love Zumba!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    *Starting Measurements*
    Weight: 218.2 lbs.
    Neck:15.25
    Waist: 41.75
    Hips: 46.75
    Chest: 46
    Right Arm: 15.25
    Left Arm : 15.25
    Right Thigh: 29.25
    Left Thigh: 29.25

Goals for the 30 days: I'm aiming to get under 110lbs.

WORK-OUT:
    Week One Date:10/13
    Length of Time: 40 min.
    Intensity: med/high.
    Calories burned: 519
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I'm in! I will take measurements first thing in the morning and post them. My goal is to Zumba 5 times per week!
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    WORK-OUT:
    Date: Day 3 10/14
    Length of Time: 20
    Intensity: very very very High
    Calories burned: 281

Tried the "Expert" mode on my Zumba wii and had my butt handed to me! But i loved it!
  • cforbesm
    cforbesm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I just started Zumba today and also found this web site. So far I love it. I will post my info soon.
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    WORK-OUT:
    Date: Day4-- 10/5
    Length of Time: 45
    Intensity: instense...moderate...like, in the middle of those two haha
    Calories burned: 600

I didn't like this routine very much. I found it to be boring. I have to do it in order to get into the next class part though. So, there we go. Girl's Day today!! I need all the calories I can get!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any in yesterday. We went straight from work to Halloween at the zoo & didn't get home til 11! But I did walk a good 3 miles at the zoo so that made up for it. I am headed to the gym to do some elliptical & weights, the an hour of zumba! We had the best class ever Thursday...it was so intense & fun. I hope it's the same today! :)
  • HeatherR930
    Options
    Date: 10/15
    Length of time: 60 minutes
    Intensity: medium?
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    WORK-OUT:
    Date: Day5--
    Length of Time: 35
    Intensity: intense
    Calories burned: 492

I love the way my thighs feel!! so much smaller!!!
  • shrinkinglily
    Options
    Work out: Day 1 (Sunday, 10/16)
    Length: 70 minutes
    Intensity: Easy
    Calories burned: 440
    Yesterday I did not make it to my 8:30 am class but I did 1 1/2 Zumba videos instead! I definitely like the classes more, such a better burn, but it is nice to be able to do it at home. 70 minutes!

Update with my starting measurements:
    Weight: 178.2

Chest- 39
    Right Bicep- 13
    Left Bicep- 12.75
    Waist- 33.5"
    Belly Button- 41
    Hips- 44"
    Right Thigh- 26
    Left Thigh- 26.5
    Neck- 13.25
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am OBSESSSSED with Zumba, but I can't go every day, I hate doing work outs at home, but I go to zumba 4 days a week, does that count? I'd love to be a part of this!
  • Amanda_H31
    Amanda_H31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to start this challenge! How do I get started?
  • newlyknit
    newlyknit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hm, can I join in? I do Zumba 5-6 times a week and have lost 2 pant sizes since July.
    So here are my stats I think this started 10-12-11

weight: 200
    Chest- 37
    Right Bicep-
    Left Bicep-
    Waist- 35
    Belly Button- 40
    Hips- 42.5
    Right Thigh-
    Left Thigh-
    Neck-

Right now my workout routine is as follows
    MWF: 20 min Zumba high intensity with added hand weights. Then more upper are and ab exercises
    TThS: 35-40 min Zumba high intensity with added hand weights.

Here's a tip... I've been doing the Zumba DVDs for a while, when I started to get bored I added hand weights to some songs, eventually I'll increase the weight and use hand weights for the whole video. I also change some of the dance moves to make them more intense.
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and I would like to be in on this challenge. I enjoy Zumba but haven't done it is over a month. Will do the first workout this evening along with 20 minute Turbo Jam.

I will post my stats tomorrow as I will take the measurements this evening.
  • HeatherR930
    Options
    10/16/11
    20 minutes at home
    Low intensity (the intensity of the wii game does not compare to the live classes!
    Calories burned: 150

10/17/11
    60 minute class
    Moderate intensity

My gym doesn't gave zumba Tuesday's but instead if doing it at home I am thinking if doing a yoga class tomorrow to change it up!
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    WORK-OUT:
    Date: Day 6
    Length of Time: 20
    Intensity: intense
    Calories burned: 280

I added weights to my workout again!
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    I would like to start this challenge! How do I get started?

refer to the first post, put in all your information. Then just Zumba your heart out! =) You can go to classes, look up workouts on Youtube, do at home DVDs or game system, just do what you can! =)

We'll do measurements again on Oct 30th (changed the date) before Halloween so you can get your treats in if ya want them!

Good luck everyone, and good work so far! keep it up!!!