Oct 29th
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    October 1: 242.2
    Goal for October: 237

October 8: 239.4 2.8 pounds lost!

October 15: 237.8
    1.6 pounds lost: 4.4 pounds for the month!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My 5 k was wonderful... so much fun! Oktoberfest was also wonderful, I drank way too much beer but I'm ok with that. Life isn't fun without some beer every now and then. Back on track today, and my next 5 k is next Saturday! :love:
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I SO fell off the wagon... dang it! Toward the end of last month, I totally messed things up, and didn't get back to eating right until last Sunday. But in that one week, I was able to get off all I gained, and I'm now down 2 more pounds :) Whew!

Okay, so for my very 1st October weigh in...

10/16/2011- 184.4

I'm really hoping I can pull off 3 lbs in 2 weeks!

Theresa, so glad you are back on track!! I have been on the fence for a few weeks, so I know how you feel. Let's stick with it for the rest of the month, and see if we can live up to this month's mission, and "punch October in the face"!

Sounds like a great plan!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ok, as I mentioned, Monday is my hectic night but I did ok. I ate a bowl of the chili I prepped last night - yay! I had one Girl Guide chocolate mint cookie, and although cookies are not on my meal plan, I am quite impressed that I only ate one. I am totally addicted to these cookies, and normally eat at least 4 at a time!! Then it was almost 10pm by the time I got the girls to bed and lunches ready, and even though I wanted to put my jammies on, I put on my workout clothes and went out for a 30 min walk! Yay! :happy: Time for bed now. :yawn:
  • hydranger
    hydranger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just another 0.5lb this week, gonna be a tough month!

03/10/11 137.5
    10/10/11 137.00
    17/10/11 136.5
    24/10/11
    31/10/11
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing in this week as i started Burn fat boost metabolism last week so im refusing to look at the scale until this friday...when hopefully ill be out of this plateau (it's been 6-7 weeks now..aaarrrgghhhh!!!)

so well done everyone who is on their way to losing 5 lbs...i hope to see u there by the end of the month! :)
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    Ok - this is just wrong. My ad banner to the right is currently displaying a poutine (fries with cheese and gravy)... Isn't this a diet site?

Anyway, another day off to a good plan start. I've got healthy options packed for lunch and snacks, and at least a half of a plan for supper. I will need to fit in some exercise between work, supper, bathtime for the girls, and book club meeting at 8pm... It's going to be tough. I may need to think outside the box and get some exercise at lunch today.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning & it is heading in the right direction :)
    I am getting back on the cross trainer this week also, so that should help give it a boost!

Lets kick Octobers *kitten* :)
  • xinahay123
    Options
    Ok, this past week was tough, but 1 I stil managed to get 1 pound closer to my goal! I'll take it!
    October 1......... 170
    October 8......... 168
    October 15....... 167
    October 22.......
    October 29......
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Ok, as I mentioned, Monday is my hectic night but I did ok. I ate a bowl of the chili I prepped last night - yay! I had one Girl Guide chocolate mint cookie, and although cookies are not on my meal plan, I am quite impressed that I only ate one. I am totally addicted to these cookies, and normally eat at least 4 at a time!! Then it was almost 10pm by the time I got the girls to bed and lunches ready, and even though I wanted to put my jammies on, I put on my workout clothes and went out for a 30 min walk! Yay! :happy: Time for bed now. :yawn:

Great job! Hard to pass up cookies and jammies, but you did wonderful! Yay :flowerforyou:
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    posted super late, sorry about that!

10/1: 174
    10/8: 170
    10/18: 167.8

i learned about and ate kimbap today, it's so delicious....
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I just wanted to come on and say that this weekend was tough!! I didn't say NO at All this weekend! I work two 16 hour shifts and the boys had 2 opportunities for cake and root beer floats and on a third occasion 2 of the boys were the only ones at the home left behind by parents and activity so we had a snack of icecream AND I had an icecream sandwich today! I also ate a store bought cake between me my sister and my kids over last week and the week before! This entire month has been punching me in the face instead of the other way around and im getting pretty tired of not saying no! Its sooooo hard! I do so well and then all at once here is all this cake and icecream and halloween brings promises of Pumpkin chocolate chip loaf that iv been waiting all year for (if hubbys mom makes it) and thanksgiving brings puffed rice balls and chocolate pie! This is a really tough time of year for me and im going to eat these things but NOT LIKE THIS WEEKEND!!!!! Small doses!

:love: So I wanted to let you all know that after all this time that I have been promising to bring my elliptical back from the dead (about 6 months since I started my new job) I FINALLY DID IT!!!!! My elliptical is alive after nearly 4 years of non-use.:drinker: :drinker: I even tested it for 5 minutes tonight lol its rickity but alive all the same

It helped me lose my 25 pounds of baby weight with my first baby within 6 weeks and im hoping it will do me some good untill I get prego and then ill use it lightly throughout so maybe I can bounce back gracefully! : ) :heart:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    55-
    I have had a hard time with treats in the past also. The one thing that helped me the most was giving myself more calories everyday. Sounds like the wrong thing to do, but when I was eating at 1200 calories I could only stay strong for 2-3 weeks before I dove face first into cake, or ice cream, or whatever it was that I saw... Now that my daily calories are set at 1500, it is much easier for me to pass on those kinds of things. I am still losing, I feel great, and I haven't had a stall yet with my weight loss. Just an idea, but maybe you are burning more than you think you are chasing around your kiddos so your body needs more fuel. I have read that when you don't eat enough your body craves the things that fatten us up, so that your body has the extra store in case you really need it.

:flowerforyou: Let it roll off your back, today is a new day with new choices and new things to say NO to! Good luck honey, you can do this!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    Yay I have icecream sitting in my freezer and didn't have any at all! No sweets for me today :noway: But I didn't visit my elliptical today because of grocery shopping and meetings but thats no excuse as I very well could have between 7:30 when the kids were asleep and 9:30 when hubby got home so that is my bad :frown: but im slowly getting back to being used to this so im not giving myself a hard time since I ate pretty good today

Thanks so much jen! Im not actually counting calories as I don't have the money to stick to a regular food plan its usually fix what I have even if I have to eat that same thing a few times a week. we always have cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch (which I opt out of and reach for a pepsi instead) and then we go super cheap on dinner like spaghetti with hamburger, ,,stove top stuffing and a vegie all by its self,,,,fettucini all by its self,,,, goulaush all by its self,,,, mac n cheese,,, chicken nuggets n fries,,, sometimes give the kids a corndog,,, chilli cheese dogs,,,, nachos,,, and those are basically our main go to meals on the weekdays but not one of those things my hubby will cook on the weekend so he has chicken strips and spanish rice,, hamburgers,, hamburger helper,, and english muffin pizzas and thats the only meals he rotates through its no good at all I know.. no vegies, no meat, I don't know how to buy vegies and meat on top of what I already buy because there isn't a dollar of extra money left I sometimes go a month with only shopping one time and eating random things. the kids eat well (repetitive but well) and I skip meals all the time because I dont' like the foods they have for breakfast and lunch
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in tomorrow as again I don't have access to scales this weekend :(
    Started my TOM last night, so fingers crossed it hasn't affected my weight loss too much :/

x
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!!

I am checking in after my vacation to San Diego! The trip was amazing but I ate every piece of good food that was in that city! I am literally afraid to get on the scale. Sooooo..... while I am still here I am going to wait until the end of the month to actually weigh in. My boyfriend and I actually just ordered our first JUICER and we may do a Reboot to try and reset our bodies!

If anyone has netflix and has interest in learning about Fruit and Vege juicing or just plain interested to watch a great documentary check out "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"

We were completely motivated by this! Hope everyone is doing great and losing that 5 pounds!
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    Sneak peek on the scale was motivational today... I was down to 145, which is a 3 pound loss for the month, so maybe I'm not out of this month's 5 lb challenge after all... Never give up! Punch, punch, punch!!!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    weigh in today shows a 2 pound gain from the first of the month

up to 168
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I ate a ton of frozen yogurt last night (better than other things I could have done I guess) :ohwell: but I did burn a bunch of calories during my boot camp class, so I'm trying to get over it! :tongue:

Drinking as much water as I can today and going for a run later (my last chance workout!) so I hope I do ok on the scale tomorrow! I'll let you know, but I really hope I am under last weeks 143.7 because this had been my lowest adult weight. I have seen the number twice now but never passed it before...
    Wish me luck!