Anybody have an IUD?

Options
I went in yesterday to get an IUD. It effin hurt like a mother!! I was crying and panting and squealing!! sum***** about killed me. They finally had to give up cuz they couldn't get the stupid thing in. So now I have to take some pill that (should) will open my cervix a get the little *kitten* in. Anyone else have this problem? And if you did, did the pill help?

Replies

• ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of women find them painful. . . Why don't you just get the Nuva Ring? It does't hurt. AND my aunty got pregnant with her 3rd kid while she had an IUD in. . .
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    I had an IUD for 5 years. it hurt so bad getting it the first time, but i was willing to endure the pain to get a new one... that is until they coudln't get it in. and it hurt so freakin bad, i nearly started crying at the office. they told me about that pill and i told them to just forget it! i went back on the BC pill and as much as I don't like it, its better than dealing with that pain again!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I had MIRENA put in after my 2nd child and it was hell getting it in..After about 3 weeks of having it in I was having second thoughts about it.

I was bleeding heavy & cramping bad! My gyno told me that was normal for the first month and it should lighten up.

After 6 weeks of having it in I went ahead and had it removed! The bleeding worsened as well as the cramps. I felt as if I was in labor on top of that you GAIN weight!
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp

Seriously - The best thing since sliced bread. . . No pills, no pain. . .

I endorse this message. . . :P
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Never had it, either, but I've known 2 people that had it implanted.... and it FELL OUT!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I got one shortly after the birth of my son. I didn't have the problems to open up my cervix... As you can imagine, it was still trying to close. But I did get an infection that drove me batty. I had it removed about a month after getting it.
  • mleb2005
    Options
    I have one, they got it in on the first time but it hurts every now and then and my body started to reject it so they had to push it back into spot. After they got it in I had major cramping for about a week.

Not really sure if it is worth it. Good luck with what ever your decide.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I've one one for a couple years now. It was a little painful and I did have what felt like cramps for a few hours after that, but with some aleve it wasn't too bad. I tried BC pills, but didn't like them at all...
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My doctor put it in without any problems at all...then again, my OB/GYN is hot enough to be on Grey's Anatomy, so that probably helped relax me quite a bit, lol!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had one in for about two years and it killed. Finally after my cycle never regulated I had it taken out. I will never do that again!
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I had one for a little over a year, what a nightmare it was.. I finally got it out and on lo-seasonique and LOVE it .. It hurt at first but the side effects are wicked, bloating, cramping, hair loss, acne, constant spotting.. It was the worst BC i ever tried
  • frosti1031
    frosti1031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had an IUD for 6 years and have 4 more to go with it. I love it. I remember it hurt when I got it, but nothing like the labor I went through 6 week prior. It was worth it. They told me that it's not good for women who haven't had a baby because the cervix is still closed, but I had an emergency c-section and never dilated past 4 cm anyway. Hopefully your cervix will open enough with the pill!
  • allison_joan
    Options
    Never had it but I'm on Depo shot. Some people complain about weight gain but I haven't gained weight from it & I've had no side effects. One shot every 3 months and nothing to worry about everyday like the pill? I'll take it!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Mine was painful getting it put in, but nothing compared to the cramping afterwards. However, I've had it in for 3 years and I couldn't be happier, very light to non-existing periods and not one problem since...
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I took a strong painkiller before going into the office and even though the pain was still pretty intense, i just dealt with it. and i'm glad i did.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nope. I always get a designated driver.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Nope. I always get a designated driver.

When life hands you melons, you might be dyslexic.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can't use any hormonal birth control, so the IUD was pretty much my only option. I took 3 tylenol before going to my appt, and 3 afterwards. It really was not bad at all. I had some cramps for a couple days, but nothing worse than period cramps.

OP, have you ever had a baby? I've heard it's worse for someone who hasn't been through childbirth.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've got a non-hormonal IUD. Hurt a slight bit going in. Had cramps for a couple-few days. I stuck with it and don't regret my choice. I'm not too keen on what the pill / hormonal IUDs do/would do to my bod -- I perfectly managed the weight gain all on my own without the help!

I've had it for a couple years now and I don't even notice it. Though, I do like to call it my "Intrauterine Switchblade" or my "d*ck sticker" to my hubs. 859.png
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Never had that but I do have an IOU from a DUI....