(OPEN) 21 Days No Junk Food Challenge!

Options

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Day 5 and doing ok. I had a chocolate chip granola bar yesterday but I still ended up way under my sugar and carb allotment for the day. So I don't consider that a total bust.
  • idauria
    Options
    Ugh, I had two pieces of dried mango slices after dinner. Totally not worth it.
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Friday 7/21
  • barbdip
    barbdip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I totally lost it~! Starting new tomorrow.... dinner date with hubby just lead to poor choices :( Felt great though up until than
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Saturday
    8/21

djmommy2 I'm cheering for you :smile:
  • GreenGablesJes
    Options
    day 4 and i haven't cheated once! pretty proud of myself! friday was a challenge since a bunch of cookies,cakes and donuts were in the break room( Instead i allowed myself my fav dark chocolate!) and sat was tough as well seeing how i had orientation for college and passed up donuts and bagels(are my enemy).
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is over for me! I'm finally feeling really good about this challenge. The first 3 days were the worse, just like when I quit smoking, which makes me believe in sugar addiction!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Sunday
    9/21
  • idauria
    Options
    I'm on week 2. I didn't do too badly last week. I didn't have any cake, cookies, or ice cream. I was proud of myself for getting through my tom without stuffing my face full of chocolate!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 now and other than when I am in situations where someone asks me if I want a piece of cake or some sort of dessert, it is much easier now. I agree with Vegangal that quitting sugary junk feels similar to quitting smoking. It gets easier over time. I am on day 9 now, almost halfway through and find myself getting to eat more food volume wise now that the junk isn't there. Also eating almost completely clean and unprocessed as a result. :smile:
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Weekend with monthly left me with no resolve.... 12 days clean. Now back to day 1. I can and will get to 21!
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I have been good with this challenge.... even gone 8 days now without any alcohol. I do have so chocolate here which is almost 100% cacao which was on sale. When does this challenge end? so I know when I can open it.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Today is day 9/21 and I'm going strong!

I'm actually LOVING this challenge at this point. I'm learning so much about which healthy foods fill me up more and that I can actually eat a lot less calories while eating a lot more food.

It's pretty cool.

Anyone else want to do this challenge again after this cycle is over? I'm going to have a week "off" (while still tracking, but junk food allowed) and then will be starting all over again! :bigsmile:
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    I'm back.

I went 6/6 and then went off into junk land. Trying again and I'd love to do another round after this one. I KNOW that it does get easier once I get about 2 weeks into it but I'm having a heck of a time getting through a weekend. Will try again today 1/1 - I ate some junk yesterday and you're right - it does really bang away at the calorie count. Totally not worth it - will try to spend my calories more wisely.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Another round to Thanksgiving!?! That would be most beneficial!
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Thanks for posting this!!:smile:
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Fell off wagon last night had chocolate. Way less than usual but feel disappointed today and like i've gained ten pounds. Getting back to it today I hope. Day ten here.
  • idauria
    Options
    I will be eating pizza for dinner tonight, but I budgeted for it. However I only budgeted enough for 1 slice so I'm really going to need mega self control. 2 slices will totally put me over and since I didn't do any exercise today I have no wiggle room. I am still doing well with the no sugar thing though. Haven't had any in over a week.
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    I signed up ahead of time, but today is my 1/21. So far so good...I'm keeping in peanut butter, but plan to avoid it overall and replace it with whole nuts. My big problem foods are the refined carbs like white bread bagels and white rice. I can't seem to get enough of them...:( I do feel better when I'm eating more vegetables, for sure. The main things I want to cut out are : white bread, white rice (when possible), diet soda (well, any soda or juice cocktail), candy, chips and pizza. I'm still on the fence about things like clif bars or luna bars...sometimes they really come in handy when I have no time or money for lunch (on days I didn't get the chance to pack one). I guess I'll avoid them unless they're my only option.
  • GreenGablesJes
    Options
    day 7/21 and i've haven't cheated. yet right now i'm craving chocolate chip cookies so i gotta figure out something that i can eat that will curb that craving.