talk me out of eating the corndog

Options
i just opened my pioneer woman email. she sent out recipes for homemade corndogs and cheese on a stick. i am a goner for corndogs! mmm, yummy! i love them.

and now i want one. very. badly. :)

talk me down from the dark side.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    It's not worth the hour of cardio you'll have to do to earn the calories.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Or plan accordingly so you can eat the corndog (or two) and fit it into your cals/macros for the day.
  • KaoticGirl623
    Options
    Just think of it as grease on a stick.... and your going to have to work 10 times harder if you eat it....
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    if you want it badly, try to fit it into your calories. and get off pioneer woman's mailing list immediately lol-
  • dmcgoon
    dmcgoon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, it will take more than an hour probably and think of all the fat , greese and carbs and how all of those don't ever seem to metabolize and just packs on weight to your body. DON'T DO IT.
  • Adventure2Fitness
    Options
    You already knew it was bad by taking the time to ask. So grab a healthier snack instead...carrots / grapes / celery.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    lol Maybe go for a veggie corndog with fat free cheese... Satisfy the craving and then do a bit of exercise to feel better bout it :)
  • brunnemeyer
    brunnemeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. It's not gonna kill you and you can't deprive yourself completely of the things you love or you will go crazy.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "Common hot dog ingredients include:

Meat trimmings and fat
    Flavorings, such as salt, garlic, and paprika
    Preservatives (cure) - typically sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_dog

Did that work?

How about...

hot_dog.jpg
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Look up how hotdogs are made?

Aegelis beat me to it :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Eat three.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    if you want it badly, try to fit it into your calories. and get off pioneer woman's mailing list immediately lol-
    this! lol
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    greasy, grimey gopher guts....eww, does that help? :sick:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    just eat it. geez.
  • Tahoe77Chelle
    Tahoe77Chelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients...if there is anything there that you don't know what it is, don't eat it. :)
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i just opened my pioneer woman email. she sent out recipes for homemade corndogs and cheese on a stick. i am a goner for corndogs! mmm, yummy! i love them.

and now i want one. very. badly. :)

talk me down from the dark side.

look at the ingredients...that should help
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm, sure if it's made at home there are ways you can drastically reduce the calories! Use a turkey dog, wrap it in wheat bread...

Or just think of how DISGUSTING hot dogs are!! OMG the things that go into them. *gag*
  • BrendaPetersen
    BrendaPetersen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Honestly...if you knew what went into the dog part...... ewwwww now visualize....you won't eat the icky thing... lol :noway:
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Not to be rude, but you need to learn how to talk YOURSELF out of eating this kind of garbage. :) That's what it's all about.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    The craving will probably pass - and imagine how much work it would be to make one!!

Actually, there's a good deal for yourself - you can have 1 if you make it from scratch... ;)