TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES - WEEK 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 15 woodchops, lawnmowers, swimmers press, 3 sets of 21s
    under cals
    8 glasses water
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    W3D2

water-done
    calories-done
    Plan A
    3 sets 15 H/S/K/T
    3 sets 20 kicks
    3 sets 20 side bends
    90 crunches

sorry so short tonight...not in a happy mood (MEN!!)
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    Week 3/ Day 2-
    Plan A- Done
    Water- Done
    Calories- Done
    Walked- 90 minutes moderate paced.

Slightly getting used to the silence.A nice thing happened last night my daughter always tells me good night before she sleeps, she took the teacher's cell and texted me good night from her camp, that was so nice of her.
    that's so sweet! my daughter does the same type of stuff. Makes you feel good to be a mom.
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Arrrrgh, mateys! A good day here, but a slightly confused pirate (thanks to PMS!). The pre-week is always a hoot for me as I tend to forget what day it is and routinely trip, fall, or drop breakable things. Case in point...twice today:

1. Jumped on my treadmill tonight, trying to be good, and walked two miles before I remembered that I had ALREADY walked two miles at work today over lunch. (I also routinely kept telling people it was Wednesday today.)

2. While cooking my dinner and, again, trying to be good...I kept running over to my computer to enter the ingredients in MFP, but got caught up in reading everyone's posts and such...and I burned dinner...bad. Chicken lo mein. Really, how do you burn lo mein?!?! Hahaha!

Anyhoo, a good day otherwise, but am definitely getting the pre-TOM cravings, especially salty.

Good on water and calories (mostly thanks to the double, accidental walk).
    Walked 5 miles - split in 2 and 3.
    Did Monday's plan B exercises.

Gonna keep going here and get some crunches in, but will have to report the totals tomorrow.

@ One-eyed Jackie - Hope you have a better day tomorrow! :)
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I am under calories today,water goal met.

Went with plan B today, and got 50 crunches in today.

Got 2 miles in, and I ran 1/2 mile in the middle somewhere!

In our house, as a little challenge, we are going without sweets this week :noway: Let me tell you, when the twins had thier ice cream tonight, I REALLY wanted to give in and have some too, but I didn't....LOL!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
    I llive for my Skinny Cow ice cream! Only 100 calories....and so many flavors to choose from. You've got to give it a try-then you can have your ice cream and eat it too!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    W3D2 / Not the best day to report here...but arrrrgh, here I go:

Calories: over
    Exercise: never got the chance today, will make it up tomorrow.
    Water: At least I did this right - 64 ounces
    Cigs: Still 0

No crunches yet either - I am going to be a crunching fool for the next few days!!!

Back on track tomorrow... :smile:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Obviously, I don't know how to do the quote thingy - LOL!

Regareding the Skinny Cow ice cream, I have tried it and really liked it. We are just having a hubby/wife dare in the house to see who can last the week w/out sweets!! So, come Sunday, I can have my ice cream again!! :D

Week 3, Day 2

Plan B done, did Head, Shoulders, and some side bends too. I like the way they stretch me out, since I am very inflexible (is that a word?) I skipped the treadmill today, but I am gonna try to get in my "5 miles" tomorrow while the kiddies are in school.

Take care!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Water over
    Calories under
    Plan B finished

200 crunches For a total of 400 so far for the week
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Fantastic night everyone!!!

Jae...Just making sure that you know that JULES shot you there...not me!! Her aim is a little sideways... :tongue:

Renu....Enjoy that empty nest for a couple of days...take advantage of YOU TIME!!

Randi..Great to see you're getting your workout in despite the overtime situation....food choices...well, you KNEW you could do better, that's half the battle!! ;)

One-eyed Jackie: Leslie is great!! I do "Four Fast Miles" whenever I decide I don't want to go to the rec center!! Gets me a good sweat going!! Great job today!!

Crystal: Tim to cancel your insurance and see if they STILL work you to the bone (so to speak!! ha!)!! GREAT job staying with it even though you have an injury...I bow to your tenacity!!

Jackie: Great job resisting ice cream!! It would have been calling my name...ear plugs, ear plugs!! ;)

Noelle: Fabulous job on that 5 miles!!! That's fantastic!! How did you feel afterward?

Gabby: Outstanding work today...you rocked it!!

My first day REALLY back with it was good....hard after a nice relaxing weekend to hit it hard, but I know I have to!!
    Cals under...check!!
    Water over....check!!
    Hi Impact Challenge exercises......check.....LOVE 'em!!!
    5 miles....check!!
    Crunches....well, the only crunches I did today was on popcorn for a snack!! :blushing:

Time to go home...I had to come down to work to do something, so that's done and I get to gooooo...yea!!
    G'nite mateys!!

thanks Jill...I really appreciate the encouragement...
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    AHOY MATEYS...Can't believe the night has finally come to a CLOSE

WEEK 3 ~ DAY 2
    WATER - DONE
    CALORIES - UNDER
    CHALLENGE - DONE

TREAD - 75 MINS 5.13 MILES 615 CALORIES - NON STOP! FIRST TIME EVER
    100 Jumping Jacks
    200 Crunches

HIDDEN TREASURES - Plan B (Mid Impact)
    Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

BLC Tuesday, October 18th: 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers, 100 jumping jacks & 100 crunches
    Save Note
    TREAD - 75 MINS 5.13 MILES 615 CALORIES
    100 Jumping Jacks
    200 Crunches

HIDDEN TREASURES - Plan B (Mid Impact)
    Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

BLC Tuesday, October 18th: 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers, 100 jumping jacks & 100 crunches
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1
    H2O over
    Cals under
    exercise done!

Week 3 Day 2
    H2O over
    Cals under
    exercise done!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    More great work reported for today!! I'm impressed!!

My day:

Cals under....yep!!
    Water over....yep!!
    Challenge exercises.....yep!!

Great job everyone!! I'm too pooped to pop, so I'm retiring a little early tonight....g'nite!! See y'all in the morning!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Overboard C- check
    Undercals- check
    water over- check
    150 crunches

5 mile team challenge complete :D
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    ARRR! ME FAVOURITE CREW OF FIESTY WENCHES!!

It's Day 3 of Week 3!!! We are awesome!!! It looks like everyone still on board have a GREAT day yesterda - congrats!!! Keep it up, you're getting stronger every day!

Todays challenges -

Plan A (Low impact) – Back to strength training!

3 sets of 21's, 3 sets of 8 - 12 Swimmer's Presses, 150 punches and today you need to walk for 10 - 20 minutes. Remember you will need to walk one more than you did yesterday!

Plan B (Mid Impact)

20 Globe Jumps, 20 Burpees, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Plan C (High Impact) - Overboard in October exericses - but longer!!!

Slow Pushups
    Begin in pushup position on a ball or floor. Perform 4 pushups, abs in and back straight. On the 5th pushup, lower halfway down and hold for 4 counts. Push back up and repeat the series - 4 regular pushups and 1 half hold. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Plyo-Jacks
    Begin with feet together and jump up, taking feet out to the side while circling arms overhead and land in a squat. Jump up and bring feet back together, circling arms back in. This is just like a slow jumping jack, but really use power when pushing up into the jumps. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Walking Lunge
    Start at one end of the room, holding weights if desired, and step forward with right leg. Bend both knees to 90 degree angles, lowering body into a lunge (keep front knee behind the toe). Bring the left foot forward and step into a lunge. Continue lunging, alternating legs for 60-90 seconds..

Jumping Jacks with Front Kicks
    Do one jumping jack. After you jump the feet back together, bring the right knee up and snap the foot out in a front kick (don't extend the leg all the way, but keep a small bend in the knee). Do another jumping jack and kick with the left foot. Continue for 2 minutes, alternating jumping jacks and kicks.

Wall Sit with Chest Squeeze
    Hold a medicine ball (or just press the hands together if you have no equipment) and slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor while squeezing the ball. Hold this position and keep pressure on the ball as your straighten the arms out in front of you and slowly pull them back in. Repeat the chest squeezes in and out for 60-90 seconds and stand up.

Ski Jumps
    Stand with feet together. Bend the knees and jump to the right as far as you can--think of jumping laterally rather than vertically. Land with soft knees and immediately jump laterally to the left. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

March in Place
    Aren't you tired? Take a few seconds to catch your breath.

High Jogs
    Stand with feet together and hold arms straight out in front of you at mid-torso level. Jog in place, bringing knees high enough that they hit your hands (don't lower hands!). Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

Triceps Dips
    Sit on a chair or bench with hands next to the hips. Lift up and take the hips forward, just in front of the bench. Bend the elbows and lower down until elbows are about 90 degrees. Squeeze the triceps to push back up and repeat 60-90 seconds.

Pushups/Side Planks
    In pushup position (on knees or toes), perform one pushup. As you come up, shift weight to left arm, twist to the side while bringing the right arm up towards the ceiling in a side plank. Lower the arm back to the floor for another pushup and then twist to the other side. Repeat for 60-90 seconds.

AND Week Three Weekly Team Challenge -
    Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this! Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

AND walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!

THERE'LL BE NO STOPPING US!!!! ARRRR!!!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Cigs - 0 (is anyone paying attention???!!!)

I AM!!! How much you add to your fund so far now?? You've been without for a couple of weeks now, at least, haven't you??

$70 for last week, and I'll 'owe' myself $70 for this week. Today is 2 weeks! :smile:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Cigs - 0 (is anyone paying attention???!!!)

I AM!!! How much you add to your fund so far now?? You've been without for a couple of weeks now, at least, haven't you??

$70 for last week, and I'll 'owe' myself $70 for this week. Today is 2 weeks! :smile:
    Awessome!!!
    Congrats Sherri - spend that money un-wisely* and have fun with it!!

J xx

* excludes cigs - otherwise we ALL come & kick your butt!! :wink:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello all!

Just 'attempted' to do my 5 miles...fail! I got a little over 2.5 miles done before I got a weird pain in my chest (not my heart area). I'm not sure if its cuz I was carrying a water bottle with that arm or what, since I usually walk/run on a treadmill and don't hold a water bottle, and I tried this outside since it's a beautiful day!!

Oh well, not giving up! Will try again Friday night, or early Saturday when it is cooler!

Take care!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 3 - DAY 3

Plan 3 exercises - DONE
    Under Cals - DONE
    Water - DONE
    Crunches - 500 total for week - DONE
    5 miles run - DONE

Received a kick up the butt - Haha - yeah!!!!
  • femmemusicale
    Options
    Hello all!

Just 'attempted' to do my 5 miles...fail! I got a little over 2.5 miles done before I got a weird pain in my chest (not my heart area). I'm not sure if its cuz I was carrying a water bottle with that arm or what, since I usually walk/run on a treadmill and don't hold a water bottle, and I tried this outside since it's a beautiful day!!

Oh well, not giving up! Will try again Friday night, or early Saturday when it is cooler!

Take care!

Sorry to hear about the funky pain, but hope you are feeling 100% again soon! You can do it!!!!
  • femmemusicale
    Options
    WEEK 3 - DAY 3

Plan 3 exercises - DONE
    Under Cals - DONE
    Water - DONE
    Crunches - 500 total for week - DONE
    5 miles run - DONE

Received a kick up the butt - Haha - yeah!!!!

A kick UP the butt, huh? Hmmmm...wondering if this is an "across-the-pond" variation, but all I can say is: Ouch!!! ;-p