Dating no nos!

Options

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Saw a couple on a date the other day at a restaurant. The girl was non stop on her phone...texting and crap. Gimme a freaking break. Its sunday and you aint exactly the ceo of google. Put the phone away. Seriously...i would have flipped if i was the dude.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    no shockers.

on the first date.
  • drog2323
    Options
    No coupons....for anything....

Really? That doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. At least you know he's practical and money-conscious.

I couldnt coupon it....if early in the relationship. I see your point...but personally just couldnt do it.
  • drog2323
    Options
    no shockers.

on the first date.

Lmao!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Handcuffs on a first date...
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

Wow, makes me really glad I am married. But after my divorce and while dating I had a woman I met on Eharmony talking to me on the phone about all her dogs and how messy her house was....OK and I want to meet you now because of your smelly messy house and complaining attitude....nope whole reason I want to date is to be around people who DON'T complain, I get enough of that at work!
  • slender_sunshine
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I went out with a guy who seemed nice, so I agreed to a second date. We were just hanging out and chatting, and before I know it, he was telling me all about his history with S&M dungeons, etc. Needless to say, there were no more dates.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Heard on the radio this morning. Girl goes on a date with what she thinks is a really good looking guy, has a good job and conversation goes really well. She invites him to her place for a drink as the date is winding down.
    He asks to use the bathroom and is in there for a really long time. Comes out and asks if she has another roll of TP.
    With her remembering the one in there was about half way used she got grossed out :laugh:
  • slender_sunshine
    Options

Wait wait wait. I sense a story here. Handcuffs in what sense, exactly? 0.o
  • drog2323
    Options
    Heard on the radio this morning. Girl goes on a date with what she thinks is a really good looking guy, has a good job and conversation goes really well. She invites him to her place for a drink as the date is winding down.
    He asks to use the bathroom and is in there for a really long time. Comes out and asks if she has another roll of TP.
    With her remembering the one in there was about half way used she got grossed out :laugh:

I guess the thai curry didnt sit well...
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I agree Klingons suck. A couple dates does not mean I want:

You to move in
    Call me every hour
    Ask where I'm going
    Ask where I've been
    suggest I change anything
    tell me what I do wrong
    Call my mom
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Hey now, handcuffs could be a great first date for the adventurer...LOL JK, people, I wait until the third date to bring out props!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

What puts me off more than the "base-skipping" (they've been dating for 2 months after all) is the fact that is sounds like Chef in South Park. "Sweet love", really?
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    No coupons....for anything....

Really? That doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. At least you know he's practical and money-conscious.

I couldnt coupon it....if early in the relationship. I see your point...but personally just couldnt do it.

Early in the relationship when you are just getting to know someone....personally I would feel guilty. I would offer to pay half or scan the menu for something cheaper. We don't really know each other's finances quite yet and I would want to be considerate.
    Money isn't an issue....walks in the park, outside concerts, museums....all free....
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I haven't had to date in 20 years! (As of today actually.) :)
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    no shockers.

on the first date.
    So wait, is breakfast the morning after the first date considered a second date? I'm just trying to plan my morning..
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I haven't had to date in 20 years! (As of today actually.) :)

Congrats :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't have any no-no's I guess. I'd rather know on the first date that I'm dealing with someone needy, a workaholic, an alcoholic, someone suffering from poor self-esteem, a psychopath, a racist, a homophobe or any combination of these. Please feel free to show me your true colors.
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options

Hey now, handcuffs could be a great first date for the adventurer...LOL JK, people, I wait until the third date to bring out props!

Don't wait too long - props are good!
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

Dating a guy for 2 months without giving it up is a dating 'no no' .....