If you knew how long it took to burn off that Big Mac...

Options
would you still order it?

I always thought it would be a great idea if restaurants had to not only list how many calories foods on their menu had in them But also how long it would take to Burn Off that many calories!

I was going through my weight loss study notes and found this chart

caloriesburned.jpg

Damn it cut off the rest of the chart! Sorry!!! but the full size photo (with body weights up to 400 lbs) can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Lizzy_Sunflower/view/exercise-equivalents-exercise-and-weight-control-160282

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    why does a cup of cooked veggies have so many more cals than a cup of raw veggies???? is it like the whole why does muscle weigh more than fat thing???? :laugh:

oh_no_you_didnt.gif
  • fesse02
    fesse02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT piece of info Lizzy! Thanks baby girl.... No Big Macs for lil Fesserina!
    *YUCK*
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    why does a cup of cooked veggies have so many more cals than a cup of raw veggies???? is it like the whole why does muscle weigh more than fat thing???? :laugh:

cooked veggies are squishier, so you can pack more of them into the cup than if they were solid/raw
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    yes I would eat the big mac... that is why im fat lol i had one for dinner last night actually
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's why I try to log the food before it goes in my mouth! Lots of times if I see that huge calorie number I won't feel like eating it anymore.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I bet because they shrink when cooked, so 1 cup of cooked veggies is actually a lot more (when it was raw) than 1 cup of raw. Or something. lol

This is a cool post though. I need to remember this next time I want to binge on something stupid.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    So it takes 81 minutes to burn off an apple. So deos that mean I have to do an extra 81 minutes of exercise, or as long as I stay with in my calorie goal I am fine???

I am so confused right now. I don't mean to be such a nim whit. I am over whelmed as well my Docs told me yesterday I was malnourished and border line anorexic.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Geesh, add fries to that Big Mac and you'll be walking for hours! Thanks Lizzy!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Glad I don't care for Big Macs! On a related note, have you ever seen how many calories are in a DQ Blizzard? The smallest one has something looike 400 calories and a big one with lots of stuff in it is over 1400!!
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Thanks for the laugh :happy:
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Pretty sure if you walked through McDonald's and took a survey, 100% of the people chowing down would agree the food is fattening and bad for you, so not sure labeling it further is going to help...
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    So it takes 81 minutes to burn off an apple. So deos that mean I have to do an extra 81 minutes of exercise, or as long as I stay with in my calorie goal I am fine???

I am so confused right now. I don't mean to be such a nim whit. I am over whelmed as well my Docs told me yesterday I was malnourished and border line anorexic.

Aslong as you stay within your calorie goal, you will be fine. I'm one of those people who thinks that going over calorie goals with an apple is no big deal (as long as the rest of your calories weren't from that DQ Blizzard!).
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    A 'drink' ie shake contains more calories than a Big Mac?

That really is shocking
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just eat whatever amount of calories your doctor wants you to eat. Sounds like you need to eat. Good Luck!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

oh_no_you_didnt.gif

So hot.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    If I wanted it, yes. I obviously still have some things to work on.
  • gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    omg that is mental, it makes me not wanna eat anything off it lmao xxx
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

oh_no_you_didnt.gif

LMAO!!!!