• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I've had both, and I prefer my Droid X
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    iphone
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    If you're a techie or a geek, then Droid. If you're a "regular person" then whatever's cheaper I guess.

What little you know. TechGeeks go with iPhone for security issues. Nerds and wannabes go with Droid

Agreed. I am not a techie but know plenty. They own Iphones.

Not all of them, apparently.

OP, sorry I don't have either. I can't cast my vote.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    If you're a techie or a geek, then Droid. If you're a "regular person" then whatever's cheaper I guess.

What little you know. TechGeeks go with iPhone for security issues. Nerds and wannabes go with Droid
    I don't know what techgeeks you know. The only iPhone people I know are fanboys. People who want complete control over their phone go with Android.

open source > closed source any day.

YES!
  • I plan on jailbreaking my iPhone as soon as I get it, so I don't have to deal with apps only in the confines of the iPhone Store. Much more freedom ha ha.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Droid, why pay more? You can buy a great Droid phone which is completely amazing, has tons of free apps (and a free MFP app too) and have a wayyy cheaper data plan without having to pay $200+ for your phone.
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Team Droid!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member

Been in IT for 15+ years. Android phones are far superior, show me a 4g iPhone, please. I'm using the HTC EVO 4g....superior in wireless speed, screen size and camera quality(well ok, it's equal to the NEW iPhone 4s but my phone has been out a while...)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    One last thought. People who have jailbroken their iPhone still do not have complete control over their phone. There is a vast difference between jailbroken (iPhone) and rooted (android). From what I last read, the hardware still limits what you can do with a jailbroken phone.
    Like I said. It really depends on HOW you want your phone to perform and work. You want a phone with an app for anything, but if there isn't one, you accept that is how it is (find swype or swiftkey for iPhone), then by all means, get an iPhone.
  • I think both are great phones. The new iPhone has 4G. What burns me up about 4G is I have to pay a little extra for it, but it's only available in a small handful of markets! Not where I live.
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    You KNOW you want an ICE CREAM SAMMICH! :D
  • I have the latest iPhone and I love it! I've had absolutely no issues with my phone.

The battery life with the iphone's are way longer than the android phones. have to go with the iphone! :D
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Iphone and it isnt even close...
  • killagb
    I think both are great phones. The new iPhone has 4G. What burns me up about 4G is I have to pay a little extra for it, but it's only available in a small handful of markets! Not where I live.
    Exactly. Not where most people live. Fact is if you have an iPhone, you are probably on 3g and nothing but that. I get lots of 4g coverage from my Android in a market where the iPhone 4g is not available.
  • killagb
    Then why is the new iPhone only now matching the quality of the camera on my HTC EVO 4g that is over a year and a half old? Why don't they have widely available 4g support? How about the fact it's a smaller screen too? I'll give you the fact they have better battery life, but not much else.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

Phuck (iPhuck?) you. I guess you're a "TechGeek", as opposed to a nerd or wannabe? What are your qualifications... that you own an iPhone and like to play XBox?
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    iPhone...anything else is just a wannabe.
    Also, when hakers decide to attack phones, the open format of the OS will be a ***** to clean

You obviously have no clue what open source is.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Then why is the new iPhone only now matching the quality of the camera on my HTC EVO 4g that is over a year and a half old? Why don't they have widely available 4g support? How about the fact it's a smaller screen too? I'll give you the fact they have better battery life, but not much else.
    I haven't checked the battery life of the iPhone, but i under-volt mine and get great battery life.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member

Been in IT for 15+ years. Android phones are far superior, show me a 4g iPhone, please. I'm using the HTC EVO 4g....superior in wireless speed, screen size and camera quality(well ok, it's equal to the NEW iPhone 4s but my phone has been out a while...)

I didn't say all techies, just stated the ones that I personally know own iphones for security reasons. I am happy you enjoy your phone. :flowerforyou:
  • I have an iphone 4s. Love it!!!