Skinny Dippers! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    ok... so I did the first 2, modified. The first one, I did the modification they showed for the first 25, then I lifted alternate legs for 25 each, then their modified. For the 2nd one, I leaned back and did my side to side then I laid back and did a sort of bicycling by doing alternate leg extensions with legs out rather than up. The last one... hm... I didn't do well.. I did manage to assume the position and hold it for about 7 seconds then I was done. Better than I thought I could do on that one for sure.

All that matters is that you made the effort to do it! Good job! And it'll only get easier as the week goes on :)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is intense, and the first workout I have done in weeks! I start my Zumba DVD's tomorrow as well. :)

You got that right! That's the first ab focused workout I've done in a long while; feel the burn!

You will LOOOOOOOVE the Zumba DVDs! I have it for my Xbox Kinect and it's honestly fantastic. Doesn't even feel like a workout, and who doesn't like shaking their booootay to some Latin tunes!

For anyone who is looking for a few modifications for the abs moves (easier or harder), I came up with the following few:

Move #1 Hundred:
    Easier: As some people have mentioned, break it into 2 groups of 50 reps. Remember to breath, and try not to strain your neck muscles!
    Harder: Add some ankle weights, or hold a light medicine ball between your ankles (warning: this is tough; be sure to support your back properly!)

Move #2 Seated Bicycle Row:
    Easier: Keep your knees bent, but have your heels lightly touching the ground.
    Harder: Instead of a towel, use an medicine ball, dumbbell, or weight plate to amp up the resistance.

Move #3 Side Plank:
    If you don't have a towel, or you're working on a carpeted floor, you can always substitute with a paper plate. Additionally, you can:
    A) tap your feet out to alternating sides.
    B) lift your legs up and over to the side without actually touching the ground to add intensity.

Good luck to everyone this week; keep tabs on yourself and see if you can progress in difficulty levels with these moves!
    Goooooo Skinny Dippers!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Wow, that is intense, and the first workout I have done in weeks! I start my Zumba DVD's tomorrow as well. :)

You got that right! That's the first ab focused workout I've done in a long while; feel the burn!

You will LOOOOOOOVE the Zumba DVDs! I have it for my Xbox Kinect and it's honestly fantastic. Doesn't even feel like a workout, and who doesn't like shaking their booootay to some Latin tunes!

For anyone who is looking for a few modifications for the abs moves (easier or harder), I came up with the following few:

Move #1 Hundred:
    Easier: As some people have mentioned, break it into 2 groups of 50 reps. Remember to breath, and try not to strain your neck muscles!
    Harder: Add some ankle weights, or hold a light medicine ball between your ankles (warning: this is tough; be sure to support your back properly!)

Harder: Instead of a towel, use an medicine ball, dumbbell, or weight plate to amp up the resistance.

Move #3 Side Plank:
    If you don't have a towel, or you're working on a carpeted floor, you can always substitute with a paper plate. Additionally, you can:
    B) lift your legs up and over to the side without actually touching the ground to add intensity.

Good luck to everyone this week; keep tabs on yourself and see if you can progress in difficulty levels with these moves!
    Goooooo Skinny Dippers!

Ooh! Thank you for the harder mods! Even though they were really hard anyways, I'm always looking for a challenge :)
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ab challenge for today is done!!! I had to split the 100 in to 50 at a time, but I was able to use an 8 lb weight instead of a towel for the second exercise :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Okay guys, I binged pretty bad last night (didn't record it), so instead of sitting and moping all day I'm doubling up workouts and ab workouts. I'm going on a run in about a half and hour, then doing our ab challenge, then doing zumba at 6, then ab challenge again. I already asked Amanda to hold me to it, and I want the rest of you to also!

How's everyone else?
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Move #1 Hundred:

Move #3 Side Plank:

Goooooo Skinny Dippers!

Ooh! Thank you for the harder mods! Even though they were really hard anyways, I'm always looking for a challenge :)

Yep! Thank you! I will definitely be amping up my ab workout. (I kinda needed an extra push cuz I focus on abs a lot!)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Okay guys, I binged pretty bad last night (didn't record it), so instead of sitting and moping all day I'm doubling up workouts and ab workouts. I'm going on a run in about a half and hour, then doing our ab challenge, then doing zumba at 6, then ab challenge again. I already asked Amanda to hold me to it, and I want the rest of you to also!

How's everyone else?

I'M ON IT!!

Erm, I already told this to Alex, BUT I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds... AGAIN. Grr. So here's to sticking to my strict diet once and for all.

Other than that-- I bought a size SMALL jacket today! NEVER was able to do that! And an extra small sweater dress :) So thrilled!
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

How's everyone else?

Alright girlfriend, hope you got your butt up and did you double workouts!!! Be strong!!!!!
  • mar109
    Options
    Did the video again tonight!!! Still had to split up the 100s but maaaaaan my abs (or lack there of haha) are sooooooo sore!!! I think I'm going to take some fish oil tonight (I hear it helps with sore muscles), so I can go 100% tomorrow! I hope all my dippers are keeping up with the program!!!!! Love you all :)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Did ittttt. #1 with 1lb weights, and #2 with a 5lb weight. Wuddupppppp. :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    So, don't wanna get into it, but I didn't do my second workout. I did my run and my ab workout, but that's it. I've decided to not take my day off tomorrow and I didn't eat back any exercise calories. Let's hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Amanda - Awesome job, as usual.

Ladies - I'm so glad you're all doing the challenge. :)
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Checking in from last night since I didn't get on the computer last night. I just logged my food and exercise from my phone.

I got my challenge done... I even brought home paper plates from work yesterday so I could do the last one on my carpeted floor instead of on the kitchen floor like the night before!

Have a great day Skinny Dippers!
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Checking in from last night since I didn't get on the computer last night. I just logged my food and exercise from my phone.

I got my challenge done... I even brought home paper plates from work yesterday so I could do the last one on my carpeted floor instead of on the kitchen floor like the night before!

I think I might have to try the paper plate trick, I really don't like exercising downstairs in the kitchen.
  • mandeiko
    Options

I think I might have to try the paper plate trick, I really don't like exercising downstairs in the kitchen.

I've been using the paper plate. SO much better.
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ab workout done. I still did the modifieds and managed to hold the last position for 20 seconds. (actually used a timer this time!)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies!!! I'm so glad everyone's doing well with this challenge!!

Unfortunately I'm coming down with a cold, so I had to forgo my hot yoga date with my cousin as schedule, but I've got Zumba lined up for this evening, as well as some Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown, and of course the 8 min ab challenge video. Will report back upon completion!

Hope everyone's having a great hump day ;) ohhhhhhhh yeah.

Cheers!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Done did the abs today :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Okay, did 45 mins of dance and our ab workout. I was at my moms and she has a big kitchen, so the last one was a lot easier not doing it on carpet :) I also did weights with the first two. Tiny 2lbs for the 100's (well, 50's) and 5 lbs for the seated twist. Whew.

Also, I'm sad to say there's about 7+ people that will no longer be in this group.. :\
  • mar109
    Options
    Another day of abs done!!! Those 100s are starting to get much easier, bet I can finish them perfectly by the end of the week!

Keep up the good work dippers !!!
  • mar109
    Options
    Okay, did 45 mins of dance and our ab workout. I was at my moms and she has a big kitchen, so the last one was a lot easier not doing it on carpet :) I also did weights with the first two. Tiny 2lbs for the 100's (well, 50's) and 5 lbs for the seated twist. Whew.

Also, I'm sad to say there's about 7+ people that will no longer be in this group.. :\

:(