Sexy in Six Round 2 ***closed group*** Week 3

Options

Replies

• arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    impromptu QOTD: Peanut and a colleague at work who is young and gorgeous but who let slip that she used to be triple her present size. She makes good choices, exercises regularly and walks lots. Like our friend Peanut, she is an inspiration!

REAL QUESTION OF THE DAY: !!!!!

IS THERE A SONG OR MOVIE, POEM or PAINTING that has inspired you in your weight goal quest?
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    IS THERE A SONG OR MOVIE, POEM or PAINTING that has inspired you in your weight goal quest?

PROUD (Heather Small)

I look into the window of my mind
    Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
    I step out of the ordinary
    I can feel my soul ascending
    I'm on my way
    Can't stop me now
    And you can do the same (yeah)

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
    It's never too late to try
    You could be so many people
    If you make that break for freedom

Still so many answers I don't know (there are so many answers)
    Realize that to question is how we grow (to question is to grow)
    So I step out of the ordinary
    I can feel my soul ascending
    I'm on my way
    Can't stop me now
    You can do the same (yeah)

It's never too late to try
    You could be so many people
    If you make that break for freedom

(yeah) We need a change (Yeah)
    Do it today (yeah)
    I can feel my spirit rising
    (change, yeah) We need a change (yeah)
    So do it today (yeah)
    'Cause I can see a clear horizon

What have you done today to make you feel proud? (to make you feel proud)
    (let me hear ya X3)So what have you done today to make you feel proud?
    (yeah)'Cause you could be so many people
    Just make that break for freedom
    So what have you done today to make you feel proud?
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Like our friend Peanut, she is an inspiration!
    Awwww thank you! you're too sweet!
    REAL QUESTION OF THE DAY: IS THERE A SONG OR MOVIE, POEM or PAINTING that has inspired you in your weight goal quest?
    I wouldn't say there's one that inspired me to lose weight, but there's one song that ifind really motivating and inspiring: "Life is Beautiful" by Sixx AM.

"Alive
    just open your eyes
    just open you eyes and see that life is beutiful
    do you swear on your life
    that no one will cry
    at my funeral."

It's a very uplifting song that found it's way to me at a rough time and has always been a way of reminding me it's never too late to make life better.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    hmmmmm, not sure about one particular media that has influenced me, my own personal self has influenced me the most.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Helping my obese aunt out of her hospital bed today after back surgery (removal of 2 discs and insertion of rod) to go pee is motivation enough for me!!!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Wednesday QOTD: Is there a person in your life who has inspired you to lose weight? Either someone who has lost weight themself, or someone who has developed weight related health issues?

Can't say I have any major ones. A girl I work with keeps me motivated. She lost some weight recently and while I've always thought she was thin, now she asks me about what I'm doing and how I'm doing. That keeps me going. My former sisnlaw is a bit of an inspiration because she lost a lot and became a runner. And mostly, there's my good friend Logan who inspires, motivates, and keeps me in check. She knows far too much about me and I am pretty sure that if either of us fell off the bandwagon, the other would kick her back into gear. :heart:
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    REAL QUESTION OF THE DAY: !!!!!

I don't have one, but some of my more upbeat music gets me pumped up when I am exercising.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Idk if it inspired me to lose, but when I need that 2nd wind of inspiration, I listen to Matthew Wilder's Break my Stride and Christina Aguilerra's Beautiful. :)
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Question: there isn't one person that's inspired me! However diabetes runs heavily in my family and I am at a borderline level before going on meds. I also have pros and really would like to have another baby. Its proving difficult though and of course the doc says lose the weight and things should level out.

Actual question: no I don't really have one
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Question: there isn't one person that's inspired me! However diabetes runs heavily in my family and I am at a borderline level before going on meds. I also have pros and really would like to have another baby. Its proving difficult though and of course the doc says lose the weight and things should level out.

Actual question: no I don't really have one
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    IMPROMPTU WEDNESDAY QOTD: INSPIRATION PPL

hhmm....i'm gonna say my dad. when he went to the doctor not too long ago (the first time since i've known him (25 yrs)), he found out he had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and all the bad stuff. so he started to lose weight, and he's done fantastic! went from around 380 to 318 and still working on it. (i've got a blog about this but i'll tell it again lol) he's a big man too. about 6'4" and huge frame. i mean mountain man frame with the beard and all! lol but he's looking slimmer everytime i go visit. so when i do go home we help each other with our plans and things. nice bonding time since i don't see them much often anymore. now to get my mom with the program......

REAL WEDNESDAY QOTD: SONG, POEM, MOVIE INSPIRATION

hhmmm....haven't given much thought, but when i think about it, a line from an evanescence song entitled "Good Enough" comes to mind: "so take care of what you ask of me, cuz i can't say no."
    love this song as a love song for someone, but it could be sung to myself at some parts. great song. love it :)
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Impromptu: Friends that have lost weight...wanting to be an inspiration for others....and wanting to be healthy for my daughter.

Real: Never really thought about it before. Although I do picture myself looking pretty awesome for my high school reunion and dancing up the night away to every song they play :)
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think you can use "cheat day" to "reality check day" interchangeably! :) The cheat days are where you don't work out, eat too much and end up feeling like a slug! You're bloated, guilty and hopefully realize why and decide you're ready to get back in the game!

Just a thought.
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Impromptu Wednesday QOTD: Is there a person in your life who has inspired you to lose weight? Either someone who has lost weight themself, or someone who has developed weight related health issues?

Laura with the red shoes was my original inspiration! And still is! :smile:

Since starting to lose weight my husband has been not only my inspiration but also my support. We lost weight together and took turns encouraging each other!
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Real Wednesday Question - u2 beautiful day - Mikey and I walked down the aisle to that one at the end of our wedding ceremony. He inspires me daily :-)
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Real Wednesday question: After the storm by Mumford & sons has helped inspire to lose weight in the sense that it made me want to get to a happy place in my life. I can't see myself truly happy with all this extra weight.

There will come a time you'll, see with no more tears
    Where love will not break your heart and dismiss your fears
    Get over that hill and see, what you find there
    With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    IMPROMPTU WEDNESDAY QOTD: INSPIRATION PEOPLE

I wish I had some amazing story to tell, but I don't. It's just me. I open up my totes of pre-baby clothes and realize there's no reason that I can't fit back into them. Instead of whining and stomping my feet about how unfair it is, like I used to do, now I just work on what I can for me.
    REAL WEDNESDAY QOTD: SONG, POEM, MOVIE INSPIRATION

Hmm...I don't think so! Unless you count seeing Victoria's Secret commercials ;)
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Impromptu QOTD: I am doing this for me!!!
    Real QOTD: I usually go to the 'success' page under community for picture motivation to keep going!!!
  • anettabon
    anettabon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wed QOTD: IS THERE A SONG OR MOVIE, POEM or PAINTING that has inspired you in your weight goal quest?

Sadly not, but now I'll look for one
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Nope. There are songs that get me moving (Moves like Jagger, Blow by Kesha, etc), but nothing that has inspired me per se.