If you knew how long it took to burn off that Big Mac...

Options
13»

Replies

• jshoe33
    jshoe33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would not eat one; however, Americans are addicted to that disgusting "fake" food loaded with fat...which is why 72% of Americans are overweight by 20lbs. or more. Crappy food should cost more and healthy people should get free health insurance...this way, if you choose to make ridiculous choices, the only one paying for it is YOU.

Be RESPONSIBLE and take care of yourself.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    When I want a big mac I really don't think about burning it off. I either leave enough calories for the day or worry about it tomorrow.
    Thank God it's not very often.
    Really you could say that about anything. Would you eat a Cookie, Muffin, Cheesecake or candy bar if you knew how long it would take to burn it off.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize that if I'm going to treat myself to a burger and take the calorie hit, it sure ain't going to be a disgustingly poor excuse of a burger like the big mac. It's going to be some quality burger.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So glad I didn't read this before my lunch yesterday...of a Big Mac and fries. :laugh:

^That^ is a every-so-often thing for me, and I knew yesterday was a bust due to my dinner club meeting, so eff it. :drinker:
  • wendylady76
    Options
    This assumes that people are stupid. People AREN'T stupid. Nutrition information is EVERYWHERE. On packages of the food, in flyers in the restaurant, on restaurant websites. It's readily available. People KNOW it's not the healthiest of things to eat in the world... Or, in MY take, it's not that bad depending on what you order. I don't eat fries and I don't eat hamburger buns so, heck, I'm pretty good to go with a hamburger patty, (In Canada they are 100% beef). But anyway, it's the same deal as smoking. People are going to do what they're going to do regardless. We have warning labels on our cigarettes with GRAPHIC pictures depicting health implications... People still smoke.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure if you walked through McDonald's and took a survey, 100% of the people chowing down would agree the food is fattening and bad for you, so not sure labeling it further is going to help...

They have their nutrition facts on the trays. I'm sure the majority of the customers never look at it though.

Either never look at it or don't really care to figure out how it relates to their diet.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't even post this, but that's actually discouraging me to diet. You mean if I ride my bike for an hour I can treat myself to some wendy's??? I'm all over that!!!!!

It's actually somewhat misleading... people should pay more attention to the quality (or lack there of) of those calories, not the number of them and thus how long it might take to burn them off. Not to mention that a cup of 2% milk is just as "bad" as a 12oz can of coke!!!

*shakes head*

That's why macros matter.

If you only count cals you could be well in your calorie goals consuming coke and other sugary things. However, you could also be well below adequate amounts of protein & fat which could have been avoided by drinking milk instead.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't even post this, but that's actually discouraging me to diet. You mean if I ride my bike for an hour I can treat myself to some wendy's??? I'm all over that!!!!!

It's actually somewhat misleading... people should pay more attention to the quality (or lack there of) of those calories, not the number of them and thus how long it might take to burn them off. Not to mention that a cup of 2% milk is just as "bad" as a 12oz can of coke!!!

*shakes head*

That's why macros matter.

If you only count cals you could be well in your calorie goals consuming coke and other sugary things. However, you could also be well below adequate amounts of protein & fat which could have been avoided by drinking milk instead.

You mean nutrition actually matters?
    Man....I should have had a V8..... literally.

And I'm fairly certain that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.....hmm maybe its the other way around....

Can you delete a post after you have made it? Nevermind.....I feel better now....*sigh*