Motivated Momma's Week 5 (closed group)

Options
On behalf of Karie and all of this week's contributors, here is the week 5 challenge.

Cardio: Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1
Created by Renu

Part 1- Time for walking.. Walking is the best exercise for staying fit and healthy, be it Leslie Sansone's walk at home, a leisurely walk with your kids, brisk walking to gear up the metabolism or walking on treadmill. Set a goal for yourself this week in terms of miles to be covered, say 10 miles in one week.. If you are an running/jogging expert, feel free to include that as well.. Lets walk away those pounds this week.. You meet your goal and earn 5 points and one extra point for each mile exceeded. (Suppose your goal is 10 and you covered 12 miles, you earn 2 extra points)

Part 2- Interval training. Introduce intervals in your walking or workout for 3 days this week. Suppose you are walking on a treadmill, change your walking phase from 3 to 3.5 for a mins, include the incline, etc..Intensity is measured in a scale of 1 to 10. Eg, 1 = standing still, 5=jogging, 10=running..Mix and match walking and running.. This will boost your metabolism as well..
Points-3

Part 3- Logging the details in the spreadsheet for 4 days
Points-4

Strength: Possible 6 points
Created by Lynda

Wednesday: 1 point
100 Crunches

Thursday: 1 point
50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1 point
50 Pushups

Weekend: 1 point
100 Squats

Monday: 1 point
100 Lunges (50 per leg)

Tuesday: 1 point
50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Possible 1 point + Bonus point to winner of the Tuesday vote
Created by Lynda
Eating well on the go is always a challenge especially with a couple of kids in tow. This week's challenge is to post a recipe, snack idea or treat that is quick and easy to prepare and easily transported to quickly feed and satisfy yourself and the little ones. Get creative! 1 point.

Bonus point: Tuesday morning please cast your vote for your favorite recipe/idea. Most votes = 1 bonus point.

Emotional: Possible 5 points
Created by Elaine
Excerpts taken from Jack Canfield's book " The Success Principles- How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be"
What's your Life Purpose?? As your goals, hopes and path are changing with the physical and mental changes you are going through, how is your life purpose changing? For more of the chapter ( which I STRONGLY recommend reading to get the most out of the exercise [it's only 3 or 4 pages] --http://www.thebigwhitebook.com/the-success-principles-2-chapters.pdf ** skip to page 35**
"I believe each of us is born with a life purpose. Identifying, acknowledging, and honoring this purpose is perhaps the most important action successful people take. They take the time to understand what they’re here to do—and then they pursue that with passion and enthusiasm...You see, without a purpose in life, it’s easy to get sidetracked on your life’s journey. It’s easy to wander and drift, accomplishing little.
But with a purpose, everything in life seems to fall into place. To be “on purpose” means you’re doing what you love to do, doing what you’re good at and accomplishing what’s important to you."

THE LIFE PURPOSE EXERCISE7
1. List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.
_________________________ __________________________
2. List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others, such as to support and to inspire.
_________________________ __________________________
3. Assume the world is perfect right now. What does this world look like? How is everyone interacting with everyone else? What does it feel like? Write your answer as a statement, in the present tense, describing the ultimate condition, the perfect world as you see it and feel it. Remember, a perfect world is a fun place to be.
EXAMPLE: Everyone is freely expressing their own unique talents. Everyone is working in harmony. Everyone is expressing love.
4. Combine the three prior subdivisions of this paragraph into a single statement.
EXAMPLE: My purpose is to use my creativity and enthusiasm to
support and inspire others to freely express their talents in
a harmonious and loving way.

Think about it, process it, and sometime this week post your Life Purpose statement to the group

Once again, the link to the google spreadsheet is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGJmckI0LXhiV2piODNrU3o3NG9XRVE&hl=en_US#gid=5

Replies

• daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Lookin' Good!!!

I'm re-posting the link to the thread from last week-- when I tried to open it from there, it told me the page was not found.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This week looks like a real challenge..whoooo...

Btw, thanks for those lovely comments on my profile pic.. It was on the day of my wedding.. Was browsing for some other snap and found it.. :-)
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommas!

I have a request that I'd like to put out there to the group that is in no way related to weight loss but is simply from one mom to another...

I just got some very sad news about a friend's 8 week old baby girl that is sick. She's in the hospital and the doctors are not sure what is wrong and whether or not she will survive. The family is asking for positive thoughts/prayers to be sent their way. I'm not an overly religious person but I do belive in the power of positive thinking so I'd like to ask that if you are willing take a moment and send a mental "get well soon" to baby Madeline.

I hope this request doesn't offend anyone. But as mother I know if I were in Madeline's mom's shoes I'd ask for every spec of positivity I could find. So I'm asking everyone I know to join in.

Thanks and much love,
    Lynda
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Hey Mommas!

I have a request that I'd like to put out there to the group that is in no way related to weight loss but is simply from one mom to another...

I just got some very sad news about a friend's 8 week old baby girl that is sick. She's in the hospital and the doctors are not sure what is wrong and whether or not she will survive. The family is asking for positive thoughts/prayers to be sent their way. I'm not an overly religious person but I do belive in the power of positive thinking so I'd like to ask that if you are willing take a moment and send a mental "get well soon" to baby Madeline.

I hope this request doesn't offend anyone. But as mother I know if I were in Madeline's mom's shoes I'd ask for every spec of positivity I could find. So I'm asking everyone I know to join in.

Thanks and much love,
    Lynda

Sure Lynda.. May god bless her.. Thoughts will be sent in today's prayers.. I am not a Momma, but I do understand..
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Excited for this challenge! Looks so fun!!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Many thoughts to your friend, her family and baby Madeline. Hoping the doctors can help!
    Hey Mommas!

Thanks and much love,
    Lynda
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommas!

Thanks and much love,
    Lynda

Sending prayers to Baby Madeline and her family...I cant even imagine what they must be going through!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

For the walking goal, I am going to set the goal as 13 miles....

Already completed 2 on the treadmill this morning..
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've set a few different goals for myself for this week.

Calorie burn goal- 2500
    Mile goal-12
    Weight goal-234
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    My mile goal for the walking is 8 miles. I don't have access to a treadmill and it is starting to get too cold walks in the mornings, hope this is ok.
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    My mile goal for the walking is 8 miles. I don't have access to a treadmill and it is starting to get too cold walks in the mornings, hope this is ok.

Of course it is ok Tasha..:-)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    I've set a few different goals for myself for this week.

Calorie burn goal- 2500
    Mile goal-12
    Weight goal-234

Ashley,

I am sure you are going to burn those calories through cleaning and dancing today..:-) wtg
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My walking goal is 12 miles. I got 3 in this morning and did some jogging/running intervals in there :)

3 points for today: interval, strength, and posting on spreadsheet.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge Ladies!! Thank you!

My walking goal is 10 miles. I walked on the treadmill this morning 1.5 miles and then did walking and dancing at work for 15 min! Hope no one was watching!:noway:

3 points for today: interval, strength, and posting on spreadsheet.
  • rapitup
    rapitup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My goal is 10 miles this week and burn 1500 calories to burn:smile:
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Cardio: Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1
    Part 1- Walking 8 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 0/3pts

Part 3- Logging 1/4pt

Strength: Possible 6 points

Wednesday: 1/1 point
    100 Crunches

Thursday: 1 point
    50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1 point
    50 Pushups

Weekend: 1 point
    100 Squats

Monday: 1 point
    100 Lunges (50 per leg)

Tuesday: 1 point
    50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Recipe 1pt

Emotional: Possible 5 points

Wednesday points = 2 Logging and strength
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Total points for today- 3

Logging, strength and interval training..

Walked on tread mill for half hour (brisk), played racquetball, some strength training.. Have started lifting weights(8lbs) at the gym and completed my toning workout.. Will get more walking tomorrow.. I have set higher goals in terms of walking so that I push myself for more..
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Mile goal for week is 10 miles. Completed 1.3 this morning.
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

For the walking goal, I am going to set the goal as 13 miles....

Already completed 2 on the treadmill this morning..

Way to go!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mile goal for week is 10 miles. Completed 1.3 this morning.

Good goal! 1.3 down = awesome!!!