200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! I had another sick day yesterday, so didn't make it to my night shift. Feeling much better so far today, so much so that i was able to get out with the pups before the heat set in.

As far as the whole "closed group" thing goes, i think it might be a good idea, maybe just for the next two challenges? That would get us to the end of January - The end of the holidays where we'll all have less time to keep up with everyone? That's my two cents.

Now.

Tasha - Sounds like you had an awesome time!! YAY for partying!

Hailie - I actually try and avoid buying new clothes very often... i don't like the idea of buying them and then shrinking out of them again... i'm waiting until i get much closer to my goal before buying any new clothes.

Nava - Even though i'm not in the US, i like the new challenge name!

Katheryne - Beanies here. :smile:

Anywho. I'm gonna try and get some tidying done around here today... but i'm still so tired from feeling under the weather... Pleh. Oh well, i'll figure something out!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Nava - You know that person who has the right clothes, but can never quite pull it off? That's me. :P But yeah, most of my clothes either come from Torrid or Maurices.

Katheryne - I've never heard of them called taboggons. We've got beenies or hats or stocking caps (so called because of the type of knitting! :D), but I think that's about it.

Victoria - You can use a phone to call to Skype, but I've always used my video chat for things. My computer is a convertible tablet, so it sits nicely on the book ledge of most treadmills.

I seem to have misplaced Nerd. O.o
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi girls. I'm gone for one day and two pages later, I can try to catch up - in no specific order:

Sheeba: I think my suggestion would be to add in some strength training to build more muscle...long, lean muscle, not bulky muscle. Muscle looks leaner than fat and will also burn calories all on it's own. You may need to eat more, but I am not smart enough to try that, as I hit 1200 calories on a high calorie day. (I know, I'm supposed to eat a minimum of 1200 a day, but I just don't. I eat about 100 g or protein per day and am very careful with my calories and it has worked for me...so far.) When I started this, I worked out twice a day...run in the a.m. and Jillian MIchaels in the evening so I would build the muscle I needed to help me 'eat' the fat off. I don't know if that helps you or not, but it's what has worked for ME.

Nava: When I worked outside the home, I bought my wardrobe almost exclusively at New York and Company and Kohl's. I loved NY&Co because they actually make the bigger sizes look good for the bigger ladies instead of just making them bigger all over...just because I am a 16 does not mean my knuckles drag, folks... NY&Co got that. Love the name for the new group.

Lacey: I was so glad to see your responses on here when I logged in today. I was about to come hunt you down but then realized you told us it was a crazy week, so I left you alone. I am leaning toward a closed group for the holiday monrhs as well...but I kinda feel like a *itch for saying that since I wouldn't be here if you guys had closed the group before. :indifferent:

Katherlynne: I'm from Washington/Oregon. We call them stocking caps or beenies -- and I am an addict. I think I own 25 of them.

Tasha: reading your life makes me tired. for real.

Hallie: What is going on with U of M-AA? And, I buy my transitional clothing, from size to size at the Goodwill a couple of pieces at a time. I know, sounds ghetto, but we have pretty nice Goodwill stores here and I refuse to pay retail prices for clothing that I will be too small for in a couple of months. Besides, I have gotten some pretty amazing things there. Most recently, a Banana Republic peacoat that was BRAND NEW with the tags for $20, Coldwater Creek jeans for $7 and Nike running jacket for $5. All super cute and looked like they had never been worn.

Kendal: That BK ad made me blow water on my monitor. Hilarious! I wish people would get it. For real!! And I think a Winter Onederland would be lovely. Let's do it. :)

Amy: Girl, I hope you catch a break soon with all the illness in your house. That is just never fun. Ever. Happy Birthday...belated. That cake sounds amazing. Angel food cake is my all time favorite. (I actually don't really like cake at all, unless it's angel food.)

Jessie: I am excited for your treadmill and I am glad to hear about Nerd's dad. I can't play Angry Birds...I become addicted and ultra competitive. My husband has banned it from our house and thus, I don't have a smart phone. Along the same lines, he banned "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" (a tv show) when I was pregnant because he came home one day and I was screaming "LIAR" at the television with tears streaming down my face. Yeah. I'm pretty emotional.

I have started Bikram Yoga as a form of cross training and I have to admit that I love it. My third class is tonight and I am pretty excited. 1) It makes me drink way more water. 2) My skin looks AMAZING 3) I have NO muscle soreness 4) My doctor does it with me and I know she won't let me die. I walked in and almost ran her over. I was so glad to see her there. (see #4)

I am pretty excited about the huge weight loss last week, but am fairly positive it was due to some dehydration from the race since I am up a pound since then. TOM showed up today too. joy. rapture. hooray. lovely.

In other news, my husband has just jumped on the wagon. The man who would eat a stick of butter with each meal and think nothing of it went running with me last night and ate a salad for dinner. I am wondering if he was abducted by aliens or if he really is uncomfortable enough in his skin to really go at this.

My friend is finally improving and the new schedule is working out beautifully. I am rested and therefore more able to cope with changes and hiccups as they inevitably occur. I get to spend 3 hours with her all on our own on Friday. I. cant. wait. :love:

Thank you for all of your encouragement on my race. I am still in awe that I did it and even more happy that it's now over and I don't have to think about it again for another 6 months. :) I have a 12K on Thanksgiving weekend that I am pretty excited about. It's called The Hot Buttered Run. My husband is doing the 6K and my son is doing the 1K. Family fun. Twinkle will be with grandma for the day, I think. She's just a little bit too young.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    lol, it's amazing all the different meanings of the same word. To me a beenie is a little cap with a propeller on the top. After i received a few of your responses i googled it. Apparently, according to Wikipedia (and we all know how reliable they are) the skull cap is called a taboggon in some parts of the Appalachia Mts. I grew up in the foothills, so maybe Wiki is right :). Either way, I'm not shareing with my husband that none of you called it a taboggon.

Sarah, Don't feel bad about goodwill. Here in Juneau, pretty much everyone shops at this second hand store called Alaska Dames and Gents. Outside of used clothing, the only option is Walmart, for cheap prices and cheap quality; or you can get clothes at Fred Meyer for cheap quality at not so cheap prices. Otherwise everything has to be ordered out of catalogues or off line and shipped in. To be a capital city we really don't have much.

-Katheryne
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Kendal: true that about others "seeing" the weight loss. however, I am broke. boo. also, I've only lost 20 pounds--still have my guttttt. BAM! I loved your random ONEderland moment!

Victoria: Thank you for the insight! What does "fly by the night" newbies mean? I agree, I am here for the long haul too! Even if I have my turtle shell moments! If you did the charts when this group started how did this group get started and Kristina get the charts? I'm curious because I've never heard the story how these lovely ladies were started! Skype rocks. It is a computer webcam session type thing. It's a free calling/video service. It rocks!

Megan: Maybe too personal, but how do you buy bras with weight loss?

Nava: I freakin' love the challenge name!

Amy: What do you consider regular sizes/stores?

Jessi: My high school is stupid, so currently I am a super senior. I was suppose to go to U of M-AA this fall. I received a letter a few weeks ago saying something to the effect of "you were registered currently for this semester, however, you are not here so we have to kick you out". Your insight was helpful!

Lacey: I like your idea(s) about newbies!

Katheryne: I so want to call it a taboggon now! I am from Minnesota, therefore, I call it a cap/hat. Hahahha, I don't always follows standards because I often say "ya'll" too!

Hosanna: I feel the same way about buying new clothes in terms of getting closer to goal weight.

Sarah(wiggle): Look up at my reply to Jessi. Sorry, super laziness is kicking in tonight.

Sooooooooooo, I know some of you ladies have read The Hunger Games (I am talking about the first book in the series). Will ya'll help me? I understand it is about killing kids and survival of the fittest. I so do not understand it. Spark notes are useless. Please help me understand this book? I'd love you ladies a million and ten times more than I all ready do if you're able to help me!

Edit: My mom and I have gotten in a HUGE fight because she wants me to "save" money for college. I freakin' have 12K in the bank, thank you very much. Yes, college will cost a lot more but still. She wants me to stop doing personal training....ummmm....excuse me!? YOU DON'T PAY FOR IT! I save all my paychecks, and only spend money I "have" to on....phone bill, gas, etc,......and personal training is something for ME!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Katheryne- I also call that warm thing on your head a "toboggan." and I'm in NC
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't had time to check in until now...busy day today!

Katheryne, I have never heard it called a taboggon before! I've lived in Missouri, New Hampshire, Virginia (the DC area), and West Virginia, and I'm pretty sure everyone in those places just called it a hat or a cap. I know in the past decade or so I've heard people start calling it a skull cap, and I have heard beanie before, but never taboggon! That's cute. :smile: I just call it a knit hat. I found a water zumba class around here too; I think I'm actually going to try it this Saturday. Sounds fun!

Hailie, I loved the Hunger Games! What were you wondering about? Are you reading it for school? I'm sorry that you and your mom got in a huge fight, but glad you're enjoying your personal training!

Sarah (WnT), you are running half marathons and doing Bikram Yoga, so you are officially awesomely hardcore as far as I'm concerned. Mad props! Very cool that your husband is jumping on the bandwagon too. I'm glad your friend is doing better. I love the name of that race -- who wouldn't want to run in something called "Hot Buttered Run?" Sounds delicious! :laugh:

Hosanna, feel better soon!

Nava, I can't really help you because I haven't bought nice new clothes in awhile....I just sort of gave up on looking nice, sad as that sounds. I recently bought that great dress from ideeli (thanks, Lacey!), but for now I plan to buy any new clothes from this place in my area called Gabriel Brothers (or Gabes, as it's known), because they have overstock, discounted clothes. I recently got two great pairs of Tommy Hilfiger jeans that fit like a dream for only $10 each. I'm with everyone else on here -- right now anything I buy needs to be from a discount place, because I'm hoping I won't be wearing it for long! Also, I love your idea for the new challenge name!

Qofsheba, I agree with the others that you're probably not eating enough...I know for me I had to eat more than I thought I would in order to lose weight somewhat consistently. Zig-zagging (eating more calories on one day than another) has helped me too. Check out this calorie calculator: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Once you hit "calculate" and get your results, there's another button under those results that you can press that says "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)" that could give you an idea of what calories you might want to eat if you zig-zag.

Victoria, sorry things aren't working out with coordinating with your running partner. My running has been almost all on the treadmill...I'd love to run outside, but my neighborhood has no sidewalks and is pretty much up HUGE hills everywhere. I mean HUGE hills. When I can run in my neighborhood without dying, then I'll know I'm a real runner. :smile:

Jessie, yay yay YAY for your treadmill coming!! That's awesome that you found such a great guest for your radio station too!

Lacey, I'm right there with ya on thinking that the number of new people is overwhelming. Closing the group sounds great, but I also have the guilt and think "but if they'd closed the group then I wouldn't be here..." But yeah, there were just WAY too many this last time. The idea of having people complete a full challenge before getting on the list is a good one. Even if the group said "closed" I bet there would still be people asking to get in though, since we're all so awesome. :wink:

Amy, I hope everyone in your house feels better soon! Crazy about snow already....I wish I had a fireplace too!

Kendal, I definitely want to be in a Winter Onederland this year too! That BK pic was awesome. :smile:

Tasha, I love your costume! Sounds like you had a great time. Your posts always make me want to play some kickball, even though I was HORRIBLE at it when I was a kid. I was horrible at everything in gym class when I was a kid.

Megan, I would be crazy nervous to speak in front of so many people, but what an honor that they asked you! You will do a great job, and I know you'll look fantastic for it.

It is 9:30pm and I have not yet exercised at all today. Normally I'd say "Oh well, forget it, it's too late," but I'm already negative calories....almost 300 negative calories, in fact. So I guess my tired *kitten* is getting on the treadmill before bed. Wheeeeee!!!!
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I call it a boggin as well!!

Hailie- as for bras. That is an area I do not treat myself in but should be the first. Im just a B so finding bras in a doable size means I go to target. I'd love to get fitted but I wont spend 50 bux on an undergarment no one sees.

I went to the state fair tonight. I ate part of an F-word......funnel cake. I split it with 2others and ate less than my share. Could have done better....or could have been way worse.

Btw, I've also heard that ur food and drink is 80% of ur weightless. My aerobics teacher preaches that every class.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Megan: Makes sense about the bras.

Pam: I don't understand any of the book. How the heck would you explain it to someone who hasn't read it? I don't understand the whole message behind it? Yes, I am reading it for school.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hailie dear. Are you trying to get out of writing a book report!? Lmao!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Also for the ladies that have never been fitted for a bra. GO. Do ig. Jc penneys does it and you can find bras there for good pricing. The Felina brand at Macy's is not cheap by any meansgoes way up on sizes and I just got four of their bras on ideeli for $12 each when they are normally $40.

Anyways. I used to work at victorias secret and it is unbelievable what wearing the right size bra and shape can do for your shape and confirmed. If could afford it I'd travel and fit all of you. Zeriously. You all need to go!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Lacey: No, it's not a book report. It's a 20 page analysis. I am on page 11. I have no clue what to write because I can't figure out any other themes.

I hate English instructors, seriously, it couldn't be a 3 page book report/summary? I could do that in my sleep, they have the drawings, they battle, the districts, blah, blah, blah, see I can so do that! But no, I have to take college lit classes.

Sorry I'm really b * t c h y about school lately.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Just by the way... I've now posted all photos of the weekend on facebook for those who are interested!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hallie - the book has a strong female lead character that self sacrifices for family (so her sister doesn't have to go).... She breaks rules to feed her family and gains skills that help her do well in The Games... There is a love triangle... Compassion for others (singing chick that dies)... Unexpected team work.. Bucking the system so both of them live... What's not to love about the book... Maybe you should google and Wikipedia the book to gain insight into themes, then write about them. I had bookclub tonight on John Grisham 's "The Confession"... Several members thanked me for suggesting "The Hunger Games" last month - they loved it. Not sure what else you need... 20 pages does suck..
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Victoria: I LOVED the Hunger Games! And it's cool because there is all this rebelliousness and love triangles and such but also it's just a great story if you don't want to "think" too much (my 8 year old doesn't really appreciate hidden themes in novels but he LOVED kick @ss heroes and fight scenes so he LOVED the book too).

Hailie: I can't really add anything to what Victoria said about The Hunger Games but I like her idea about googling the themes of the book and then writing about what you find. 20 pages really sucks. Shopping got easier for me once I got into the 12's and 14's- before that it was just too much of a pain to find clothes that fit well. I'm sorry about the fight with your mom, I think it's good that you do the personal training.

Hosanna: Yay for facebook pics!!! I LOVE looking at everyone's pics. I hope you are feeling better!

Lacey: You are SO right about getting fitted for a bra. It's easy to think you're wearing the right size/style for you but you could be off. That salad looks SUPER-yummy.

Megan: I used to love funnel cake, props to you for not eating the whole thing!

Pam: Good for you for hitting The Tready before bed! Thanks for the info on zig-zagging, I might have to try that.

Katheryne: I've heard them called knit caps, stocking caps and beanies. I always thought a toboggan was a sled.

Sarah: I'm so glad that your friend is improving and that you are getting enough rest. It's awesome that your hubby is running with you and eating salads. I am also bowing down to your awesomeness with the Bikram yoga - wow!

Sheba: I agree with what the other ladies said, you probably need to eat more calories or add strength training and eat more calories or do the zig-zagging thing.

Nava: I love NY&Co but I also troll ideeli.com for super-awesome deals on cute clothes. I have also found good deals on sale clothes at JJill (I love their pants as their Tall sizes fit my legs perfectly but they are really pricey when not on sale).

Jessi: It never occurred to me to Skype someone while on the treadmill but it would TOTALLY work! (As long as I wasn't running) Cool idea!

As for me, I'm up early this morning because Sofie isn't entirely over her stomach bug and had an accident on the floor. Loki still has the diarrhea as well and, after spending the last 24 hours thinking I was ok, I was hit with the diarrhea bug AGAIN. I spent last night alternately curled up in a little ball with intestinal cramps and/or glued to the toilet. WTF?? This is just ridiculous. I've decided that today will be a liquid diet day (jello, broth, etc) so that maybe my system can heal itself. I'm also seriously chowing down on the probiotics today. I've never had a stomach bug this bad before (nor have I recovered for a day just to get sick again) - this is totally lame.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sarah (rain) – Heehee thanks! I FELT adorable ;)

Hailie – Yay for C’s instead of D’s!!! But now I have all kinds of questions for you! What’s going on with U of M? Whatcha gonna do in Atlanta? Friends take awhile to grow on you… and vice versa. Maybe they’re trying to figure out if you care about them too ;) Your cousin… ugh. New clothes… I have no idea :( I’m still trying to fit into old ones :’( About your fight with your mom: maybe try to make her understand that you are doing this not just for fun but for your health! Great job on saving up that much, btw, that is quite an accomplishment!

Kendal – That BK billboard was funny. My husband hasn’t eaten fast food in three years (fast food being McD’s/JintB/BK type places, Taco Bell, KFC, etc). Even though he doesn’t count sandwich places like Subway, and he doesn’t count pizza as being fast food, it’s still pretty impressive. I can’t help stopping at McD’s once in a blue moon for their Bacon Egg n Heart Attack Biscuits when I’m super hungover, but he’s always been resolute. Now with MFP, it REALLY puts it out there that this stuff is NOT GOOD STUFF. But anyway… Winter ONEderland… YES!!!!

Nava – “Shedding the Stuffing” is perfect!!!! I go to Macy’s for work clothes (haha maybe I’m a little biased but forreal it’s good stuff!). I think that the Style&Co brand is contemporary and cute but still cut forgivingly for real women.

Amy – Ooooooh girl I hope you feel better SOON! Thanks for the compliment :) I like to keep busy or I’d go out of my mind worrying about my hubby when he’s gone. And I really really like being around people. Your cake sounded delicious and I’m so j that you’re so far into Game of Thrones. I’ve only read the first book so far but was hooked. I just need tiiime… Speaking of time, I like that you’re also in a weird time zone :) It makes me feel less isolated all the way over here in the middle of the Pacific knowing that another friend is also far from the mainland :)

Katheryne – Thank you for the compliment :) But YIKES sorry to hear about all the sickness in your house! Feel better soon lady! WHAT is WATER Zumba??? It sounds AHmazing. Oh but boo for it being on the other side of town – bleh! We call the caps “beanies” too in AZ/CA, I’m not sure what they’re called in Hawai’i because it’s never cold here haha, but I have never heard of toboggan (besides as a sled). But just did a search and apparently we’re ALL wrong, the hat’s official name is a “Tuque” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuque. Although I like Victoria’s “Sex Hat” hahaha! Learn something new every day ;)

Jessi – Thanks :-D I’m super excited for you to get your treadmill! Glad your preFIL is doing better! Where is Nerd from that he hasn’t seen snow? I like to visit snow, but I don’t think I would like to live in it. And awesome job on your radio guest! That’s such a great feeling!

Lacey – That recipe looks tasty, can’t wait to try it!

Hosanna – I DID have an awesome time, yay indeed! ;)

Sarah(WnT) – Bikram sounds like an incredible experience and I cracked up at your reasons for loving it (#4). Had you done regular yoga before you tried this? A lot of my skinny minnie friends swear by bikram, but it sounds a little more intense than I’m ready for just yet. I’m so happy your friend is doing better and that you get more of a break; did you guys decorate her helmet?

Viktoria – Your “sex hat” made me laugh. Thank you :) I think I was horrible at kickball as a kid because I just didn’t understand what was going on lol. I didn’t really get anything about sports til high school.

Okay I think I’m all caught up, sorry if I missed anyone.

I had a really hard time sleeping last night (hubby still gone) but man, I did not have a problem sleeping this morning. Sleeping right through the first two works of my work shift. Oops. Didn’t we just talk about not liking mornings? Yikes. Anyway it was fine but I had to stay late and make up the hours, so I didn’t have time to work out in between that and my Junior League meeting like I said I was going to. Boo.

BTW, the meeting went GREAT and our speaker was good. We also had one of our members (also a survivor) speak to the league and she made our eyes water and our hearts ache. She was phenomenal. Please ladies, don’t forget to check yourselves and check yourselves often! You can’t abdicate your health to someone else like a doctor – you are the only one who has YOU as your number one priority. If that made any sense.

I do want to gripe about something though. My committee in this league is responsible for putting together monthly community events – we take weeks or months to prep for each one, but it is supposed to impact a number of women and also be done in a day. We ask a certain number of members to come and volunteer at these events each month (that’s one of the ways to earn their “Ways and Means” points that are necessary to keep them in good standing). They don’t have to do any prep work, just show up and perform some simple jobs. Anyway, our event next month is at a homeless shelter, and we’re doing a sort of a health expo for them – talking to the kids and parents about general health and nutrition, doing “cooking” classes with the kids and doing stretching and zumba instruction for the ladies. Well, one of the members was like, “Where is this place? Oh it’s in Chinatown? Can’t they do it somewhere else? Nobody wants to go there. Why don’t they make the people go somewhere else instead?” I was like $&#&$*#%^#%*!!! Well, in my head that’s what I said. I explained to the woman that the neighborhood was poor but it was safe. We had actually done an event there in April and had NO PROBLEM getting over 20 members to come participate. The facilities are great, and it wouldn’t make sense for us to spend money RENTING a different location, TRANSPORTING the guests there, and INSURING the whole thing when we could just use the absolutely sufficient place they had. ARg. Who are these people and how do they think they’re going to make a change in the community if they don’t want to GO INTO the community?!??!? Then the lady made some comment about how it was because of all the home foreclosures and I at that point was just like, “yes, it’s the foreclosures’ fault for AAAAAAALL these homeless. I’m going to get back to my table now.” Okay I’m done ranting.

Well, I didn’t exercise like I was supposed to and I’m reeeeally tempted to just go to bed because I am under my calories anyway… but I SAID I was going to exercise… so off I go to do some Turbo Jam.
    Have a great night/day ladies!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Amy - food poisoning jumped into my head after reading your last post!!! Samonilla or E-choli could get everyone so sick. Have you been to the doctors for you? Normal bugs don't last this long and pets don't often get so sick at the same time as their owners... Just a thought. Hope you feel better soon.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Victoria: I wondered about food poisoning when I first got sick on Monday but I eat the same foods as The Kid and The Hubbs and they are both fine. My dogs only eat dog food (we are pretty strict on the no people food for dogs rule) and I am not in the habit of joining them for dinner (ew). I haven't been to the doctor for me, if I'm not straightened out by tomorrow, I'll go and see what they say (military doctors around here are pretty apathetic though). So far, my day of liquid diet has been good on the no diarrhea front but my tummy still hurts (I would imagine that would be due to the cramping last night).

Tasha: It sounds like some of your committee members are a bit brainless when it comes to homeless people. I'd be irritated if I was you so I think your little rant was totally justified.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Amy - didn't the dogs get sick first? They could have picked something up from a dead animal outside. Aren't you the main one to be cleaning the dog messes up? It's scary how easily germs can transfer from one surface to another. I had a friend with Samonella poisoning and her symptoms were similar to what you described about getting better, then relapse, repeatedly. Have you talked to neighbors or people your husband works with to see if a similar bug is making the rounds? In the states here, cantaloupe and peanut butter have been recalled due to germs on them. Some people are just more resistant than others - could be why hubbs or kid haven't been sick... I'd feel better if you told me there was a big outbreak of sick people with similar symptoms... I really flipped around with my thoughts here. Thoughts and virtual vege soup so you get better and stay better. The only thing worse than being sick, is being sick during your b-day week!!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Lacey: No, it's not a book report. It's a 20 page analysis. I am on page 11. I have no clue what to write because I can't figure out any other themes.

I hate English instructors, seriously, it couldn't be a 3 page book report/summary? I could do that in my sleep, they have the drawings, they battle, the districts, blah, blah, blah, see I can so do that! But no, I have to take college lit classes.

Sorry I'm really b * t c h y about school lately.

What about the social and political and religious aspects of the book? The fact that Panem is divided into sectors, each of which is responsible for providing a very specific kind of product that supports The Capitol. The sectors also kind of have a range of social standing in Katniss' eyes as well, until she sees that The Capitol people are a whole other social class of crazy and basically those sectors sole goal is to support the capitol. Politics is fairly self explanatory I suppose..and then the religion part. Well there isn't out and out religion but you can spin a page on it - people worship the game.

Hope that helps!