• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    love my iPhone 4s
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Iphone and it isnt even close...
    Then why is the new iPhone only now matching the quality of the camera on my HTC EVO 4g that is over a year and a half old? Why don't they have widely available 4g support? How about the fact it's a smaller screen too? I'll give you the fact they have better battery life, but not much else.

Yes but the camera on the iphone produces a better picture than the EVO 4G. 4G isnt everywhere. And Smaller Screen but best resolution.
    Battery life is exactly why Iphone beats all.

In technology, its not about getting there first... its about getting there with the best and ultimate product... Apple just does the smartphone well.

Google phones are good dont get me wrong but none of them can match the battery life of an iphone. What good is 4g when you cant keep the phone alive for longer than 3 hours.

Apple will eventually come with it and perfect all that... they have done that so far.. my opinion..
  • KLLever
    KLLever Posts: 39
    Options
    I have an iPhone and my brother has a Droid.

His complaints are: sad battery life, crappy apps, too many forced closes, the Android market, size of the phone.

My complaints are:

Therefore, I plan to continue my love for iPhone :)
  • Gemsmommy2010
    Options
    IPHONE!!!! It has the most apps and the least issues!! It's the original smartphone........you can't go wrong with that!!! Love, love, love it!!

Say Whhaaat? Iphone is not the original smartphone - the first one didn't even come out until 2007!!!!

Blackberry all the way! They have been bringing internet to the mobile world since 1999!
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    I have an iPhone and my brother has a Droid.

His complaints are: sad battery life, crappy apps, too many forced closes, the Android market, size of the phone.

My complaints are:

Therefore, I plan to continue my love for iPhone :)

Had both... THIS ^^^^

iPhone 4S
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

It all comes down to whether or not you think you will want to take advantage of the open source. If you're techie enough to want to create your own apps, you need Droid. If you're like me, a wanna-be techie (maybe some day), then iPhone may be better for you simply cuz there are more apps out there. But even that is changing as Droid demand is increasing. But open source vs. closed source is the only REAL difference. Everything else is pinstripes.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    DROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    There isn't an iPhone out or even coming out anytime soon that has the power of the Droid Bionic.

Not even close...
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    DROID!
  • raven56706
    Options
    ^^^ This.

It all comes down to whether or not you think you will want to take advantage of the open source. If you're techie enough to want to create your own apps, you need Droid. If you're like me, a wanna-be techie (maybe some day), then iPhone may be better for you simply cuz there are more apps out there. But even that is changing as Droid demand is increasing. But open source vs. closed source is the only REAL difference. Everything else is pinstripes.

to a tech person, that matters... to the average joe, who cares.. thats the problem.. open source is a good advantage but that depends on the phone.. all the phones are different.. the iphone is 1 phone...

Blackberries will be irrelevant in 3 years..
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Droid
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    LOL. Thanks all for your input, it really is much appreciated! Now, within the next few weeks, I'll be trading up to ...
  • AlissaB87
    Options
    iPhone 4 all the way!!! :D
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i have htc aria/intruder w/ android os 2.2.2 froyo. it's smallest smartphone out there. it was introduced last year but it still kicks aass! :tongue:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Android. All day everyday.
  • Tyler4846
    Options
    I'm on my second android phone and I'm at the point where I'd like to try out an Iphone.

Here's some daily issues I have with the android (these problems have been with both phone)

~they'll hang up in the middle of a call, then randomly call someone else

~whenever I'm in a no service area as soon as I get service back my and receive texts messages my phone will auto respond
    to them with random texts that I sent either to them or other people, so I have to delete all my texts daily.

~ if I'm using an app and I get a phone call or text my phone will lock up, and the only fix is pulling out the battery.

~ my current phone is constantly sending out text messages I had to get an unlimited text plan because my phone was sending out over 1000 texts a day. the most texts I've ever used was 250 in a month.

Those are the biggest issue's I have with the android on a daily basis, and it's caused alot of problems for me between friends and work. I've also talked to people that have some of the same problems and these issue's I have with the android phones I have exist even when I do all the tech support stuff including factory reset's and getting a new phone.

I love the current phone I have but I hate the issue's it causes.
  • Hattie2879
    Options
    I hate to piggyback off someone else's topic, but in my topic about which cell phone to go with, some were saying to go with the iPhone 4 and some said the iPhone 4S.

What's the difference between the S and non-S???
  • raven56706
    Options
    I hate to piggyback off someone else's topic, but in my topic about which cell phone to go with, some were saying to go with the iPhone 4 and some said the iPhone 4S.

What's the difference between the S and non-S???

S basically to me stands for 2 things on the new phone. Speed and Siri

Iphone4 is fine if you can get it but the new one is faster. If you can get the 4s, get it. if you are getting a great deal on the non 4s, just get the 4.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second android phone and I'm at the point where I'd like to try out an Iphone.

Here's some daily issues I have with the android (these problems have been with both phone)

~they'll hang up in the middle of a call, then randomly call someone else

~whenever I'm in a no service area as soon as I get service back my and receive texts messages my phone will auto respond
    to them with random texts that I sent either to them or other people, so I have to delete all my texts daily.

~ if I'm using an app and I get a phone call or text my phone will lock up, and the only fix is pulling out the battery.

~ my current phone is constantly sending out text messages I had to get an unlimited text plan because my phone was sending out over 1000 texts a day. the most texts I've ever used was 250 in a month.

Those are the biggest issue's I have with the android on a daily basis, and it's caused alot of problems for me between friends and work. I've also talked to people that have some of the same problems and these issue's I have with the android phones I have exist even when I do all the tech support stuff including factory reset's and getting a new phone.

I love the current phone I have but I hate the issue's it causes.

who's your carrier? what phone do you have? do you have anti virus installed? random calls and texts sound like a virus. try resetting to factory default settings & reformatting sd card. ask carrier to reissue a sim chip. also upgrade to latest android os if your phone supports it. good luck!