Oct Challenge Week 3

Options

Replies

• mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the additional ab exercises. These will help extend my exercise ideas.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Having piriformis muscle problems which causes pain so i have to rest….went for small walk and it hurt. Darn it (thinking worse stuff!)

not happy my body is not cooperating!!!

trying to stay positive but i am going to have to cancel big hike monday, can't risk more back problems.

Here is a video that I have used for this stretch. It may help depending on the severity of your pain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGBAcwbZqf4
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Thank you mkaluzny…I found the same exercise and a few more on another back site. I appreciate the thought. I have been doing the stretches since this happened and using a rubber ball to use against the pressure points.

The pain is almost gone when moving and I only feel it now if I push on it but that is still painful. I might go for a easy walk today.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel 100% better but not I think I got a UTI. Not a clue how because I drink enough water every day! If I don't I get a headache! WEIRD!!! Today I went to boot camp 45 min early. I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes! SO... a total of 54 minutes at the gym! The longest I have ever been there! That is huge for me! Usually I go 30 minutes give or take 5 minutes.

My legs are shaky, It hurt to stand and try to do the dishes, so they will sit till morning. LOL I felt so good walking by myself, it is amazing!

Not sure if I can do it everyday, with the kids, work and house stuff. But I may do it 2 times a week.

way to go jenn, will you continue the 54 minutes at the gym? it was easy wasnt it? :smile:

i hope you can walk today!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, I feel 100% better but not I think I got a UTI. Not a clue how because I drink enough water every day! If I don't I get a headache! WEIRD!!! Today I went to boot camp 45 min early. I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes! SO... a total of 54 minutes at the gym! The longest I have ever been there! That is huge for me! Usually I go 30 minutes give or take 5 minutes.

My legs are shaky, It hurt to stand and try to do the dishes, so they will sit till morning. LOL I felt so good walking by myself, it is amazing!

That's awesome! You really have dedications to get in a 25 min walk before bootcamp! That's an inspiration to me!

Thanks! My youngest wanted to go with me, and I said ok i guess so. THEN!!! she fell asleep on the sofa, so I ran out of the house so she didn't wake up and go with me. I am so horrible! But she wants to watch and then gets bored and bothers me with 1000 questions. I just want to work out not have a chat with her right then, plus I can't breathe when I am going at a good pace.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    It sounds like many of us have one type of bug or another. I wish you all well. The last few days, I have been able to get in 3 miles of walking and about 75 arm curls and squats. I have also done the jumping jacks. For my ab work I do between 40-50 minutes of Hip Hop Abs. I will report a total at the end of the week. Oh, yesterday, I had RED numbers: a five course meal and too much wine did me in. I made up for it today however.
  • alirae75
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL! What shall we do for next week?!?!? should I keep some of the same stuff, any ideas???

All of your ideas are great. I just have to find the time to do them!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    This week has been good, I have had some red numbers but than again I am also zig zagging calories so it is hard to keep them all green when doing that.

I have been doing the 100 squats after my workouts and yesterday was my second day. I must say I was a bit sore but it felt good :)

Hope all of you are having a good week
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Been doing okay so far this week. I have been doing my squats every day, but the planks are what kill me!!!!
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am REALLY BAD at keeping up with the exercises. Maybe if we do this for next month, we could track our exercise progress too!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    It must be the challenge ;) I have been consistently in green numbers throughout my stay at MFP. This week the challenge is to avoid red and I have had a red number or two each day. I realize I have been out to eat most of those days - it is a killer. I keep trying to exercise to keep the total calories green. I have succeeded there. As to exercises, I can hold a plank for 1-3/4 minute. I set the oven timer for 110 seconds, get in position and wait for the timer to go off. I do the Hp Hop Abs each night. I admit I have neglected the squats, but I make them up on a different day. I wish everyone the best as we approach the end of the week. Hang in there Friday is only two days away for us Americans, less for others.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    It must be the challenge ;) I have been consistently in green numbers throughout my stay at MFP. This week the challenge is to avoid red and I have had a red number or two each day. I realize I have been out to eat most of those days - it is a killer. I keep trying to exercise to keep the total calories green. I have succeeded there. As to exercises, I can hold a plank for 1-3/4 minute. I set the oven timer for 110 seconds, get in position and wait for the timer to go off. I do the Hp Hop Abs each night. I admit I have neglected the squats, but I make them up on a different day. I wish everyone the best as we approach the end of the week. Hang in there Friday is only two days away for us Americans, less for others.

Wow! That is a long plank! I am barely 45 seconds!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

That's awesome! You really have dedications to get in a 25 min walk before bootcamp! That's an inspiration to me!

Thanks! My youngest wanted to go with me, and I said ok i guess so. THEN!!! she fell asleep on the sofa, so I ran out of the house so she didn't wake up and go with me. I am so horrible! But she wants to watch and then gets bored and bothers me with 1000 questions. I just want to work out not have a chat with her right then, plus I can't breathe when I am going at a good pace.

your not horrible. you are taking time for your self.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    SO, DO WE WANT TO KEEP GOING FOR ANOTHER MONTH??? just feeling everyone out. We can keep the same spreadsheet and keep tracking. I am so game. I love the threads, and the motivation we are giving each other.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Today's quotes:

You've got three choices in life: give in, give up, or give it all you've got."

"Yesterday, you said tomorrow. That is today, what is stopping you?
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I vote we keep going and losing. I have trouble joining team challenges because I get frustrated when people drop out. This individual challenge is perfect for me.
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I HAVE DONE HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS WEEK. There's only two days left, and I am gonna be good for them. I hardly logged and I've had red numbers everyday I bothered to log. It's my hubby's b-day this week, and we have been eating birthday dinner every meal all week, it seems like. I weighed today and I am up 4 lbs. That's 4 lbs in 5 days! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm not gonna log weight til Saturday though, maybe I can lose a lb by then. I won't give up though, I'm just gonna start over. At least I've had a very good start for breakfast today, and I am on my way to walk the dogs in this weird but welcome cool florida weather.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Let's keep going! I love this challenge!!!!
  • alirae75
    Options
    SO, DO WE WANT TO KEEP GOING FOR ANOTHER MONTH??? just feeling everyone out. We can keep the same spreadsheet and keep tracking. I am so game. I love the threads, and the motivation we are giving each other.

I'd love to keep going! This is helping to motivate. Plus everyone has seemed so positive so far.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think we have a great group here. I say lets keep motivating!!!! :-)