X-Mas Challenge (OPEN group)

Options

Replies

• KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    Ugh, down 2 pounds, then back up a pound... I wish I could just stay on the down side... need more exercise...

Janie- I hear ya! I was down 2 and then gained 2 back. I was last on the spread sheet...ouch. This week I am going to log all my food and see if this helps with my accountability. Sheesh...will this ever end!

Tracking is the only way you know where you are. If you don't you will "forget" about the wine, beer, chocolate chip cookie, the piece of cake and wonder why you gained. I made a pumpkin pie and I wanted a piece but had 3 calories left, I worked out how far I had to walk to come home to that pie, then walked the 1.2 miles to get it. Normally I would never have thought twice about just eating it.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Ugh, down 2 pounds, then back up a pound... I wish I could just stay on the down side... need more exercise...

Janie- I hear ya! I was down 2 and then gained 2 back. I was last on the spread sheet...ouch. This week I am going to log all my food and see if this helps with my accountability. Sheesh...will this ever end!

Tracking is the only way you know where you are. If you don't you will "forget" about the wine, beer, chocolate chip cookie, the piece of cake and wonder why you gained. I made a pumpkin pie and I wanted a piece but had 3 calories left, I worked out how far I had to walk to come home to that pie, then walked the 1.2 miles to get it. Normally I would never have thought twice about just eating it.

Joe- You are absolutely right about logging food.. You think, oh it's not going to hurt to eat that snickers or have 3, like I did last night. BUT, when I logged the calories I realized I ate over 400 calories in chocolate. Currently, I have 233 calories left. I hope I can come under.
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    X-Mas challenge Week 4 weigh ins: please fill out the form
    http://tinyurl.com/6jts78e

How have you all been doing the last days? So proud of you all!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    X-Mas challenge Week 4 weigh ins: please fill out the form
    http://tinyurl.com/6jts78e

How have you all been doing the last days? So proud of you all!

I am down for the week, I will see what the scale says the total damage is tomorrow morning.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I put on 1lb this week but I thought I might because I've been doing the 30DS with heavy weights and my muscles are KILLING me so I figure I've got some water retention going on, because I've been exercising daily and been under my calories every day. Hope everyone has had a good week : ) xxxxxxxx
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    263.5 for this morning .... moving in the right direction
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This was a good week! I lost 3.6 lbs which brings me down to 211.2 lbs. That's always a good way to start the day.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Weight maintained this week, still unable to do cardio because of knee, just trying not to eat quite so much lol....
  • IrishAngelBlessing
    IrishAngelBlessing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weighed 168 lbs this week. I was looking to lose 2 - 3 lbs. Didn't quite get the exercise in toward these last couple of days. I will drink more water and log my calories. I will not let this get me down. It's just a bump in the road - next week WILL be better.:smile: Have a great weekend everybody!! :flowerforyou:
  • Yvette2u
    Yvette2u Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet update!!
  • eabutterfly
    eabutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    NO LODSS SINCE LAST WEEK. STILL AT 270lbs. Didn't have such a great eating week either. :-/ Going to do my best to workout more because it does make me feel better. The hardest part is actually getting up and doing it!
  • elcar7
    Options
    X-Mas Challenge Results Week 4 are finally in :laugh:
    :flowerforyou: http://tinyurl.com/44u9p6y

Congratulations to everyone! Also good job for all the working out you did!!

For all those who did not weigh in, please make sure to weigh in more often into the form!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Sorry Ikahr, I posted my weight on the board not using the form. I will make sure I use the form next week. If you could add it to the spreadsheet that would be great. It was 263.5.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I weighed 168 lbs this week. I was looking to lose 2 - 3 lbs. Didn't quite get the exercise in toward these last couple of days. I will drink more water and log my calories. I will not let this get me down. It's just a bump in the road - next week WILL be better.:smile: Have a great weekend everybody!! :flowerforyou:

I lost 1 pound this week, which is great, but not as I hoped. I logged all my food, but could have done better with exercise. But, I am with you I will continue to log my food and drink more water. And yeas, it is just a "bump" in th road.
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I didn't participate in the weigh in last week, but I wanted to say I gained a lb so I am out there at 194.4. I was traveling a lot the past two weeks - not good. I need to do better with consistency when I travel. Hopefully, putting this out there will help me stay motivated. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend, I need motivation. Thanks
  • kaklum
    kaklum Posts: 2
    Options
    Just having a few bad weeks (2 weeks actually) and as a result i gained weight. But this didnt slow down my exercises. Still doing some strength and interval training at least 4 days a week.

Most of my problem comes from binge eating after 5 pm. I can keep up with healthy eating (diet!!) till 5 pm. Then everything starts to call me "Come, come, eat me, dont be shy come on". I have to find a way to it. Any suggestions?
  • elcar7
    Options
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No loss this week still at 194.4
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kaklum: Is it when you get home from work that you start eating? What happens after 5 that's different from the rest of the day?
    I can be really bad about boredom eating if I'm reading a book or sitting in front of the tv. It helps me to do something with my hands to keep them busy, otherwise they'll be putting food in my mouth.
  • LeanderJ
    Options
    It is too late to join. I have only just found your group and I need your help to keep motivated for XMAS.