Motivated Momma's Week 5 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Momof2_0710 (Jennifer) and amyelizbradley (Amy) Congrats to you both on your huge losses this week, amazing!!!!:drinker:
    4.1% is so Fantastic!!!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1
    Part 1- Walking 15 miles -5pts + bonus mile points - 4/15 miles done

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 1/3 points

Part 3- Logging 2/4pt

Strength: Possible 6 points

Wednesday: 1/1 point ( done thursday)
    100 Crunches

Thursday: 1/1 point
    50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1 point
    50 Pushups

Weekend: 1 point
    100 Squats

Monday: 1 point
    100 Lunges (50 per leg)

Tuesday: 1 point
    50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Possible Recipe 1pt

Emotional: Possible 5 points

Thursday Points- 4 for logging, strength(2), and intervals.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Today was a bad day for eating! I made all the wrong choices, but tomorrow is a new day and I will do way better! I plan on getting to the gym early in the morning and then going for a long walk with the little man to the park.

Part 1- Walking 8 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 0/3pts

Part 3- Logging 1/4pt

Wednesday: 1/1 point
    100 Crunches

50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1 point
    50 Pushups

100 Squats

100 Lunges (50 per leg)

50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Recipe 1pt

Thursday points = 1 point for strength
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Today was a pretty good day.. Spent one hour in the gym walking and running (I am not good at running though).. I got through those 50 reverse crunches in 2 sets.. So completed 5/13 miles (with intervals), 8 more to go..yay!!!

Had been library and got one of the Jillian videos and I am set to start from tomorrow.. Have never done her videos before.. I just saw the first part and it was ok.. lets see how it goes.. :-)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Momof2_0710 (Jennifer) and amyelizbradley (Amy) Congrats to you both on your huge losses this week, amazing!!!!:drinker:
    4.1% is so Fantastic!!!

Wow thats so amazing..Yay!!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    I wanted to increase my calorie intake from 1200 to 1400, but im finding it really hard to raise the calories.. Any suggestions on this pls (i eat only veggies and fruits)??
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    I wanted to increase my calorie intake from 1200 to 1400, but im finding it really hard to raise the calories.. Any suggestions on this pls (i eat only veggies and fruits)??

What about nuts? They are great to put on salad and they quickly raise calorie intake.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

As well as adding nuts ( I love cashews), I've started drinking a protein shake to help increase my calories and protein. I know you only eat fruits and veggies, not sure if whey would work with that, maybe a soy protein powder? I have heard of a protein powder made from chick peas, don't know what its called though (not much help).
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Just an fyi: Caleb is very sick so I may not be on much for the next few days. I'll keep track of my points and add them as I can but my little monkey man is taking pretty much all of my attention right now.

Also I got a note from Amy that she is computer-less and on the verge of a sinus-related-hostile-takeover so she won't be on much either but will log on when she is able.

Talk soon!
    Lynda
  • renubhat_82
    Options

What about nuts? They are great to put on salad and they quickly raise calorie intake.

yeah.. I used to take almonds and raisins... Will start again.. :-)
  • renubhat_82
    Options

As well as adding nuts ( I love cashews), I've started drinking a protein shake to help increase my calories and protein. I know you only eat fruits and veggies, not sure if whey would work with that, maybe a soy protein powder? I have heard of a protein powder made from chick peas, don't know what its called though (not much help).

Yes I love cashews too (thats one of my weak points also, I dont have control over cashews).. Protein shake- I did go through the counters in walgreens and walmart, but didnt like any.. I dont have a supplement store closeby, will try to go in the weekend.. will definitely look at the above
  • circusmom
    Options

Yes I love cashews too (thats one of my weak points also, I dont have control over cashews).. Protein shake- I did go through the counters in walgreens and walmart, but didnt like any.. I dont have a supplement store closeby, will try to go in the weekend.. will definitely look at the above

I got mine at Sam's Club......Pure Protein plus, about $19. It has a good amount of protein, low carbs and not too high in sugars. Tastes really good, too.

OH, I love the new profile pic, soooo pretty!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Hey girls! Just an fyi: Caleb is very sick so I may not be on much for the next few days. I'll keep track of my points and add them as I can but my little monkey man is taking pretty much all of my attention right now.

Also I got a note from Amy that she is computer-less and on the verge of a sinus-related-hostile-takeover so she won't be on much either but will log on when she is able.

Talk soon!
    Lynda

Oh so sorry! I hope he feels better soon!
  • circusmom
    Options

Talk soon!
    Lynda

Hope the little guy feels better soon!! Hate it when the kids get really sick!
  • renubhat_82
    Options

I got mine at Sam's Club......Pure Protein plus, about $19. It has a good amount of protein, low carbs and not too high in sugars. Tastes really good, too.

OH, I love the new profile pic, soooo pretty!

ok.. thanks, will check it.. $19 isn't too expensive.. yes, most of them were either high in sugars or expensive..

Profile pic- it was on the day of my wedding.. :-)
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Talk soon!
    Lynda

Oh so sorry.. Hope he feels good soon..
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have really been working my butt off this week, looking for a big number on wednesday...I just feel like i've gotten myself into a rut and im doing everything I can to get out of it. That and I think that TOM is coming because my weight decided to fluctuate over 4 lbs the last couple of days...and im determined to beat him!!!

Part 1- Walking 12 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points (4/12 miles done)

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 2/3pts

Part 3- Logging 2/4pt

Wednesday: 1/1 point
    100 Crunches

50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1/1 point
    50 Pushups

100 Squats

100 Lunges (50 per leg)

50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Recipe 1/1pt

Friday points-4 points for logging, strength, intervals and recipe.

Heres my recipe...kinda!
    I dont really make anything that we bring along on trips, exactly. I just throw cheerios, raisins, dark chocolate chips and chopped up nature valley granola bars and slivered almonds into ziplock bags. Im always buying these kinds of things along with dehydrated fruits because they are low in calories, healthy and really keep your energy up when you are on the go! Not quite sure of the exact nutritional count because im personally not a snacker but its really keeps my little guy happy!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Just going to check in real quick. Got another 1.5 miles in this morning. 2 points for today (logging & intervals). I'm doing the strength exercises tomorrow.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I have really been working my butt off this week, looking for a big number on wednesday...I just feel like i've gotten myself into a rut and im doing everything I can to get out of it. That and I think that TOM is coming because my weight decided to fluctuate over 4 lbs the last couple of days...and im determined to beat him!!!

Heres my recipe...kinda!
    I dont really make anything that we bring along on trips, exactly. I just throw cheerios, raisins, dark chocolate chips and chopped up nature valley granola bars and slivered almonds into ziplock bags. Im always buying these kinds of things along with dehydrated fruits because they are low in calories, healthy and really keep your energy up when you are on the go! Not quite sure of the exact nutritional count because im personally not a snacker but its really keeps my little guy happy!

I am glad you are back in it!! Great job on working hard this week, I am in the same boat, I had a rough week last week but feel like I am ready to go strong again.

*Thanks for the recipe sounds great!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    It was my day off today. This morning I rode the bike to the grocery store with my little guy in tow to get something to make for lunch, that was a fun workout, I have been trying to ride my bike to the grocery store everyday. For lunch I made BLT's with Turkey bacon and it was really good! Then I had to go to the biggest town near us, 45 min away and do some errans. I got home and I was tired but then decide to take my dog for a jog we went for 30min and it felt great! So for exercise and food today, I would say a pretty good day!

Week Goal 10 miles / 5.5 miles complete! Yay!
    Wednesday- 1.5 miles
    Thursday- 2 Miles
    Friday- 2.5 Miles

3 points today- Strength, intervals, spreadsheet entry