Options

Replies

• Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms done :happy:
  • ddoohaluk
    ddoohaluk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    well I fell off the wagon last week while I was out of town for my grandmother's funeral but I am getting back on track. I did chest/back and ab ripper X this morning! My plan for the week includes shoulder and arms on Friday, back and legs on Sunday, and maybe Yoga tomorrow. Non-p90x workouts are Wed-swimming, Thurs-biking, Fri-run, Sat-brick, and Sun-run.
  • dgkjek
    dgkjek Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm doing the phase 1, level 2 p90x nutrition, and I've set MFP to keep up with the %, but it seems that while i'm doing what the plan says, MFP says i'm taking in too much carbs. What gives? Does anyone know?
    TIA,
    Diane
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Took the day off from P90X yesterday, but I did get my lunchtime workout in. :) Figured that tomorrow was going to be the rest day or X stretch, so I'll just use that day as yesterday and do Core Synergistics tomorrow instead.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    well I fell off the wagon last week while I was out of town for my grandmother's funeral but I am getting back on track. I did chest/back and ab ripper X this morning! My plan for the week includes shoulder and arms on Friday, back and legs on Sunday, and maybe Yoga tomorrow. Non-p90x workouts are Wed-swimming, Thurs-biking, Fri-run, Sat-brick, and Sun-run.

Sorry to hear about your grandma's passing! Hugs to you and your family!

Good to hear you are back at your workouts! Looks like a great workout schedule for the week. Good job!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    p90x/running hybrid

Today was my run day! Got 6 miles in! Tomorrow I will be doing Cardio X! Awesome to see everybody BRINGING IT! Good job to all of you! :happy:
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm on week 3 of the P90X/ Insanity hybrid. I'm doing really well with the workouts with the exception of Yoga X. There is no way in hell I will even attempt crane. But this morning I jumped on the scale because get this " I felt lighter" but haha no, rude awakening, I was heavier!!!!!! I will not quit but I have to admit it can be disheartening. Oh well, I have a planned run this afternnoon and shoulders & arms tonight. Hope you all are hanging in there.
  • carojenkins
    Options
    njean888: I also am not losing weight on Phase One of P90X. I'm staying under my calorie goal, and I'm eating more protein than carbs - which is a lot more protein than I would normally consume - but I'm not losing. Not really gaining to speak of, thank goodness! But I feel lighter, and my clothes fit better, and I'm more fit. I think actual weight loss doesn't really start until Phases Two and Three. Right now we're supposed to be converting fat to muscle, which weighs more than fat but takes up less space. So if we're stronger, we've accomplished the goal.

At any rate, we should not be discouraged if we're not seeing a lot of change at this point. According to Tony Horton, who should know, we shouldn't really expect to notice any real changes until Week Seven or Eight. We have to trust the process and simply push-play every day! So keep the faith! I'm planning on giving this program the full 90 days of my best effort.
  • carojenkins
    Options

Sorry to hear about your grandma's passing! Hugs to you and your family!

Good to hear you are back at your workouts! Looks like a great workout schedule for the week. Good job!

I want to echo Kelly. I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs all around. Stay strong.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    How do you guys log P90X workouts here on MFP?
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    njean = You need to try it at least once!!! It took me ALOT to get into the pose and held it for like 8 seconds...It was HARD and I havent been able to do it since LOL!!

I did back & shoulders today tomorrow is Kenpo day!! Yeah!!! I started a week late, missed 1-2 but made up in runs and other stuff. Really re-evaluated my diet and am going to try to get a close as I can for cals / carbs and the like.
    Glad to see there are still people committed to P90X...
    Have GREAT workouts peeps!!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday all. Left out the workout yesterday because SO screwed the weights on so tight I couldn't get them off so I am doing shoulders and yoga today. Feel amazing and am seeing results already. Love love love p90x!
  • foxtayle
    foxtayle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just re-started P90X this Monday, completed Day 5 this morning, and found this thread just now. Definitely going to keep tabs with everyone here because I know when I hit the 2 week mark I'm going to start needing motivation!

I've done P90X before (last year) and though I ate more sensibly, I didn't really keep tabs per the P90X nutrition guidelines, especially in terms of Phase 1, 2, and 3. I'm going to have to go back and review to see how my nutrition goals match up.
  • foxtayle
    foxtayle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How do you guys log P90X workouts here on MFP?

Blackthorne, I log it as a cardio since the strength training asks for breakdown by each exercise - I just don't have the time for that kind of detail at the moment. So I "create new exercise" and will save it as "P90X Ab Ripper X" (or whichever routine) and log my minutes and calorie burn since I wear a HRM for every session. I've heard of others logging it in as Calisthenics or Circuit Training.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    njean888: I also am not losing weight on Phase One of P90X. I'm staying under my calorie goal, and I'm eating more protein than carbs - which is a lot more protein than I would normally consume - but I'm not losing. Not really gaining to speak of, thank goodness! But I feel lighter, and my clothes fit better, and I'm more fit. I think actual weight loss doesn't really start until Phases Two and Three. Right now we're supposed to be converting fat to muscle, which weighs more than fat but takes up less space. So if we're stronger, we've accomplished the goal.

At any rate, we should not be discouraged if we're not seeing a lot of change at this point. According to Tony Horton, who should know, we shouldn't really expect to notice any real changes until Week Seven or Eight. We have to trust the process and simply push-play every day! So keep the faith! I'm planning on giving this program the full 90 days of my best effort.

Wow that's good to know I didn't know that. But besides I need to do better with my diet to expect the results I want. Thanks again.
  • ddoohaluk
    ddoohaluk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i slept this morning thus causing me to not get the shoulders/biceps/arm workout down before work. But after a brief discussion with myself I managed to get my run workout (10X400m at 6:50 pace with 400m jogging recovery) and the P90X workout done tonight! I couldn't fit in ab ripper X as i was starving and it was after 9pm but i am so thrilled that I could motivate motivate myself to get both workouts done.
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Ok so I'm on week 3 of the P90X/ Insanity hybrid. I'm doing really well with the workouts with the exception of Yoga X. There is no way in hell I will even attempt crane. But this morning I jumped on the scale because get this " I felt lighter" but haha no, rude awakening, I was heavier!!!!!! I will not quit but I have to admit it can be disheartening. Oh well, I have a planned run this afternnoon and shoulders & arms tonight. Hope you all are hanging in there.

Hi Njean888, I had the same issue my 1st round of p90x. At the end of 90 days I had gained 6 lbs., but lost inches. Remember muscle weighs more than fat and the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn even in rest.
    I know I am repeating myself here, but I can't stress enough about taking measurements. You will see results if you stick with the program...PROMISE!
    After I finished the 90 days of p90x I added Shakeology meal replacement shakes to my diet and started the Insanity program. I ended up losing 9lbs in 4 weeks. Thanks to p90x I was much toner than what I would of been if I didn't do the program. It was worth the 6 lbs weight gain to see those results. It has been months now since I lost that weight and I have maintained my weight loss. Not to mention I'm WAY stronger and my stamina and endurance is through the roof. These programs really do great things. I will keep doing the p90x, Insanity and looking to add more of the great Beachbody workouts to my library down the road! BB just announced this past week they are adding Body pump to their programs. I CAN'T wait to get that one. I use to take that class at the gym. What a fun workout! :happy:
    So keep on pushing play and you will be VERY pleased with the way you feel and look at the end of your 90 days. XOX Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    i slept this morning thus causing me to not get the shoulders/biceps/arm workout down before work. But after a brief discussion with myself I managed to get my run workout (10X400m at 6:50 pace with 400m jogging recovery) and the P90X workout done tonight! I couldn't fit in ab ripper X as i was starving and it was after 9pm but i am so thrilled that I could motivate motivate myself to get both workouts done.

WOO HOOOOO WAY TO GO!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!! :happy:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Just re-started P90X this Monday, completed Day 5 this morning, and found this thread just now. Definitely going to keep tabs with everyone here because I know when I hit the 2 week mark I'm going to start needing motivation!

I've done P90X before (last year) and though I ate more sensibly, I didn't really keep tabs per the P90X nutrition guidelines, especially in terms of Phase 1, 2, and 3. I'm going to have to go back and review to see how my nutrition goals match up.

Welcome! If you are looking for support you came to the right place. We're happy to have you here! XO Kelly :happy:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Hello fellow p90x-ers! I wanted to say how proud I am of all of you! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. I've been super busy at work, but I'm still finding time to get my runs, walks and p90x workouts in. I did promise myself I would have an easy week though. I have been pushing it to the max lately training for my marathon. I needed this easy week.
    On the fun side of things...hubby and I are getting our new weights delivered next week. I'm so happy to be able to bump up the pounds on my p90x workouts...WOO HOO!!! :tongue:
    After the granddaughters baptism tomorrow I have Chest and back. I'm think I am going to try and squeeze Kenpo X in somewhere in the day. Lets see how that goes! I LOVE Kenpo X! :happy:

Have a GREAT weekend and don't forget to BRING IT!!!!! :happy:

XOX Kelly :flowerforyou: