Random Abs group 17 Oct - 17 Nov

Options
124»

Replies

• newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in with this one.

going to sign up to the site in a minute.

Will have to delay starting for a few days as my back has given up on me again :(

I'm going to do it 2 days a week as I also do Ab work in the gym 2 days a week so my schedule will be

Mon - Gym - Ab machines and gym ball crunches included
    Tues - Random Abs workout
    Wed - Wii-fit type cardio with wife
    Thus - Gym - Ab machines and Gym ball crunches included
    Fri - Random Abs workout
    Sat - Day off
    Sun - 30 minute swimming lesson with my twins. (Throwing 2 4 year olds around the pool is a heck of a work out)

Thanks for finding the site :o)
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    12 Side Crunch + 45s Side Plank + 40s Plank + 10 Elevated Crunch + 15 Butterfly. X2.

Still finding side planks much harder on one side than the other!
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I can't seem to get the links to work consistently... :-(

But I don't know if I want to... My tummy is STILL stiff from 2 days ago!!!! Will see what I can do again tonight.

Thanks for the link - even if I'm a wash-out on the challenge, still trying to give that belly some work though.
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    Wow! Honored to find this thread!

To put the debate to bed, abs should be worked every-other-day at the most. We will ignore the idea of how hard or light you are working them and just say it this way to keep things simple and avoid the gray areas.

People saying "abs can be worked daily" (assuming they mean more than 10 crunches :) are wrong. Abs are a muscle...period. They need time to recover. It may also be helpful to point out that your core is probably the least rested muscle group because it gets used so much during other exercises (like running, squats, curls, ...., almost everything). So, resting your abs with a day off is even more necessary to avoid overworking them.

A final benefit of alternate-day ab work is that you will be less likely to burn yourself out. Pace yourself with fitness goals. Overworking muscle to try to get results faster is very counterproductive and you will fail because the pace is unsustainable and results will not be happening. Rest your muscles as often as you work them. You may feel "lazy", but resting is important work too.

Good luck all! Thanks for using Random Abs!

NOTE: We will be modifying our faq page to eliminate the gray area of daily ab work as well. We tried to write it "nice", but needs to be more firm :D

Welcome Random Abs... Thanks for the motivation!
  • Theweebarrell
    Theweebarrell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi count me in, really need to work my abs, thanks for this
  • emmab0902
    Options
    11 Leg Lift + 20 Crunch Twist + 20 Side Crunch + 13 Side Lift + 16 Goalies. X2

Hate those side ones!

How is everyone else doing?
  • emmab0902
    Options
    10 Body Crunch + 15 Push Through + 30 Goalies + 40s Plank + 12 Crunch Twist + 10 Elevated Crunch + 10 Corkscrew. X2.

Feel like total spaz doing those corkscrews!

Anyone else still here??
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I want in. Joining now :)
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, just doing every other day, trticep dips on the off days :)
  • emmab0902
    Options
    I'm still here, just doing every other day, trticep dips on the off days :)

I did those today! Put my 7 year old on my thighs - he is 23kg!
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saw that, must have been nasty, I find it hard without any weight on me lol
  • emmab0902
    Options
    Actually it wasn't too bad. Although I may feel differently in the morning lol.